+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4056757;
    I'm in Toronto, and I care. And anyone who travels should care.

FYI, something I heard on the radio the other day for travellers. Leave your suitcase in the bathroom. Bedbugs tend to stay where the people are, so are less likely to be hanging around the bathroom - if you leave your bag in there, you are less likely to be bringing bedbugs home with you. And they are almost impossible to get rid off (you pretty much have to throw out all your furniture), so it's worth a little inconvenience on your holiday to avoid the risk of infestation.
    Too true. Heard it is also good to store your suitcases in a garbage bag while in the hotel room. So I guess both storing them in a garbage bag an in the bathroom should work even better...lol. And throw all your clothes in the wash machine immediately upon returning home. It's too easy to drag these critters home with you. For that matter, the simple act like sitting on a couch in a doctor's office waiting room can give you a nasty bedbug problem. For this reason, I avoid at all costs sitting on couches in public. I'm very leery of these things. I narrowly avoided dragging bedbugs home only months ago, happened to spot one when I took off my clothes after returning home from the house of an acquaintance. Sprayed everything down immediately as a safety precaution. Come to find out this person mentioned weeks later that they had been infested with bedbugs for months...he said he found thousands of them looming in his living room furniture. Needless to day, I have not set foot that person's house again--nor do I plan to.

ICK!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4056769;
    Say what you will about Barbara. I had to hand her major kudos for calling out Bristol Palin on being a "star" simply because she had a baby when she was 17.
    Of course, Elisabeth's defense was that she kept the baby and, thus, a "star" is made, in Elisabeth's opinion.
    Shame Babs later took back the comment.
    It's a completely valid observation, imo. Elisabeth's comment was ridiculous, but that's par for the course with her.

I thought the crosstalk was unbearable today.
    Five people around the table is too many. I know they're all jockeying for time to talk, but it seems like half the time they barely let each other start to state their opinion before jumping in to disagree.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-08-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I saw a feature on them on The Today Show and the bugs are visible. From what I had read on-line, the bugs are so tiny you can't see them. That is not true. They are quite visible to the naked eye. They are much larger than a flea or tick. They also leave a black residue that is their droppings. That is quite visible too, so I don't understand people saying they didn't know they had them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And this is a problem that extends far outside of New York! It is a coast-to-coast problem. Saw on tv that one woman who got an infestation had to have her house treated with super-heated air...the problem, I think, is that our current chemicals aren't working. I want to say that it cost her about $5,000, but that it did work. She and her cat had to move out while this was going on.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

wow. naive me...i was thinking this was only an nyc problem, and the panel was focusing in on issues that only affect them. thanks for the education.

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Babs got pretty antsy this morning when she was interupted a couple of times.
    I can't stand the crosstalk, but when you have someone at the table taking five minutes to make their point I can't really blame the others for getting fed up and trying to step in.
    She just can't keep up with the pace of this show and needs to either step back and let the otherts have at it, or retrain everyone to be calmer and let each other talk.
    I can't see either happening so while she's there and has something that will take her forever to splutter out everyone else will have to pretend to be listening until she shuts up and they can talk.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I just want to know how they keep their eyes from glazing over....in an obvious fashion! Somethings I just never became adept at hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4057752;
    I just want to know how they keep their eyes from glazing over....in an obvious fashion! Somethings I just never became adept at hiding.
    No kiddin'. Mine were glazing over at home.

How long should it take to say "I think the opposition to the Islamic centre is more about fear of terrorism than racism"?
    I don't agree with her, but she should have been able to say that in about five seconds then let the others in to comment.
    There are too many people around that table who think their opinion is fact.
    I can't stand the way she flutters her hands either when she's trying to make a point.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Must admit that I wasn't even slightly disappointed that the show was pre-empted by the Presidential News Conference today. I hate pre-taped Fridays!
    They're usually pretty shallow, anyway!

+ Reply to Thread