+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I don't recall all the details, but a long while ago both Sherri and Elisabeth showed concern about the position pastors would be in if they refused to marry gay couples.
    They cited a story about a priest who had been jailed for that reason, which I believe was proven not to be true.
    I really can't remember much about the story unfortunately, but it just seemed like more fear-mongering.

Despite having gay friends, Sherri hasn't ever shown any support fit gay marriage that I recall.
    I consider much if not all of her objection to be based on her religion.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4019940;
    I'm curious to know if anyone here has ever emailed the show and if you have, did you get an answer.

I emailed about the President's visit and I also sent a copy of my post here (about the Pres.) to the White House with a few minor changes, like referring her to "the hassle".
    Years ago you used to be able to email the co-hosts at the "The View" website.
    A friend of mine emailed Star a couple of times and both times received a reply from Star. I think Star was the only one who paid any attention to the emails though.
    The option to email them was removed a long while ago and I don't think anyone with any kind of authority at the show reads their message boards. They certainly don't bother to moderate them to enforce their own guidelines.
    "That's Numberwang!"

those Salahis are obvoiusly attention seekers, good or bad, it doesn't matter to them. Ignore them and they'll shrivel up and slink off.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Read where Whoop quit the London production of Sister Act, where she was playing the Mother Superior, to return to the States due to her mother having a stroke. How unfortunate. Mothers are precious.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4050170;
    Read where Whoop quit the London production of Sister Act, where she was playing the Mother Superior, to return to the States due to her mother having a stroke. How unfortunate. Mothers are precious.
    That's so sad. I hope she recovers.

When does The View come back on with new episodes?

Next Tuesday, I think.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hate to sound disrespectful, but here I go. This is going to be a very long week with BW talking about her surgery everyday, no doubt. What a drag. Didn't hear that Whoopi's mother had died. Apparently, she died on 08.29. What a bummer. I know, from experience, how much this sucks....and continues to suck for years to come. She has many changes to go through in dealing with this but, for now, she says she's not sad. To Whoop...

I had not heard this news about Whoopi's mom either. It's very sad. My parents are aging now and getting some health issues. I can't even think of what it will be like to lose them one day.

I taped the show today and intend to watch tonight. I was actually looking forward to seeing everybody. Any good guests?

FORT Fanatic

I did tape today's show with the new hot topics. Hopefully I can fast-forward through Bawa's chit-chat. I understand that Dr. Oz will be on Wed. show to talk about Bawa's surgery. Oh, for Pete's sake. I'm not taping that for sure.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4056154;
    I had not heard this news about Whoopi's mom either. It's very sad. My parents are aging now and getting some health issues. I can't even think of what it will be like to lose them one day.

I taped the show today and intend to watch tonight. I was actually looking forward to seeing everybody. Any good guests?
    David Letterman was the guest today. Apparently getting him on the show was a big coup, and he came on because he underwent open heart surgery himself about 10 years ago, albeit for a different reason, and wanted to support Barbara.

It was interesting to me that Whoopie said she wasn't sad. I have lost both my parents, and sometimes it takes a while for the reality to sink in. You can be all grown up and noble at first, but then for many people, the realization that your mom or dad is gone takes over. Whoopie's mom died only a little more than one week ago. I don't think she really is feeling her feelings yet, if you know what I mean.

+ Reply to Thread