+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I ff'ed to the DC Housewives ... now THAT is sure to be another TRAINWRECK in the Housewives series ...

That one White House CRASHER is an IDIOT and the other ladies do not seem to like her AT ALL ...
    KAREN

Total trainwreck.
    I loved when she ket repeating that Bravo "casted" me first and Joy tried to correct her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4024559;
    Total trainwreck.
    I loved when she ket repeating that Bravo "casted" me first and Joy tried to correct her.
    Then she said something like everything about the White House Dinner is in my NEW book ... Joy looks at her and says I WILL NOT BE BUYING THE BOOK!!!
    Last edited by momrek06; 08-05-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Apparently, there is a big todo about Whoopi creeping onto stage and touching the Salahi woman during the interview. Saw, this morning, that Whoopi said to her, "Talk about the White House," and that there was more drama from her hubby toward Whoop after the show. Gotta keep my ears open!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4025157;
    Apparently, there is a big todo about Whoopi creeping onto stage and touching the Salahi woman during the interview. Saw, this morning, that Whoopi said to her, "Talk about the White House," and that there was more drama from her hubby toward Whoop after the show. Gotta keep my ears open!

I heard this morning that the woman and her husband were claiming that Whoopi had assaulted her. I looked at my recording and could barely see it. They say that Whoopi lightly touched her thigh or side as to encourage her to stay on topic. I think that is probably what did happen, however, Whoopi must be out of her mind to have done that.

Why would you put your hands on any person, especially, a controversal guest such as this woman? It boggles the mind that she would do it. Maybe I just don't have a celebrity mindset, but I would never consider touching someone that I do not know very well, unless they are choking or having a heart attack. LOL

I am recording today's show. Did Whoopi address the issue this morning on the show?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They showed the whole thing; there was a camera that caught that side of the stage, and you could hear what was said. Apparently, Tariq (hubby) started snapping Whoop's picture with his Blackberry when they were backstage. You could see that Whoop, gently, tapped Salahi, and asked her to get back to the White House. I doubt that the Salahis have a leg to stand on. Apparently, Whoop "ripped" Mr. Salahi....which I think is fair; Ipm pretty sure she also told off Mrs. Salahi.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Whoopi clearly didn't hit the Salahi woman, but I think she was wrong to come out and say what she did.
    They weren't talking about the gatecrashing incident at that moment anyway and coming out like that undermined Joy and Sherri, imo, they were the ones conducting the interview. It made it look like they weren't capable of keeping on topic.
    It already looks like the Salahis aren't well-liked by the rest of the cast, I doubt accusing Whoopi of something she clearly did not do will earn her any fans either.

They mentioned prop 8 today and Elisabeth said, "you're either gay or you're not", when discussing the idea that opponents of gay marriage think children seeing a gay wedding will become gay.
    This is a rather stark contrast to her saying the other week that women turn to other women in later life after their husbands divorce them for younger women.
    As much as my respect for Melissa Etheridge has plummeted recently perhaps it is better that Elisabeth spend more time listening to her and less to Bill Geddie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4025393;
    Whoopi clearly didn't hit the Salahi woman, but I think she was wrong to come out and say what she did.
    They weren't talking about the gatecrashing incident at that moment anyway and coming out like that undermined Joy and Sherri, imo, they were the ones conducting the interview. It made it look like they weren't capable of keeping on topic.
    It already looks like the Salahis aren't well-liked by the rest of the cast, I doubt accusing Whoopi of something she clearly did not do will earn her any fans either.

They mentioned prop 8 today and Elisabeth said, "you're either gay or you're not", when discussing the idea that opponents of gay marriage think children seeing a gay wedding will become gay.
    This is a rather stark contrast to her saying the other week that women turn to other women in later life after their husbands divorce them for younger women.
    As much as my respect for Melissa Etheridge has plummeted recently perhaps it is better that Elisabeth spend more time listening to her and less to Bill Geddie.
    I'm pleasantly surprised by E's comments on Prop 8. I have a vague memory this is not the first time she's said something like this...definitely not part of the FOX soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4025405;
    I'm pleasantly surprised by E's comments on Prop 8. I have a vague memory this is not the first time she's said something like this...definitely not part of the FOX soundtrack.
    Apparently she once gleefully said on Rachael Ray's show that she'd never changed her mind about anything, she clearly has changed her mind on this issue somewhat.
    I credit Rosie for that in large part. Elisabeth once said that if gay marriage us allowed next people might want to marry their toaster. After Rosie had been on the show for a while Elisabeth did seem to soften her opinion after seeing how Rosie's family worked so well. She had a loving relationship with her then partner Kelly and their children were happy. Elisabeth mentioned how much love there was in the house.

Elisabeth also once stated that perhaps gay marriage could be called something other than marriage. Today she pointed out that gay people aren't asking for a new law or right to be created, they're just asking for the same right as straight people have. I think that's definite progress from her previously staunch position.

Sherri of course once again brought up the possibility of pastors not wanting to conduct ceremonies for gay people. She's very stuck on the idea and I think she uses that argument to mask the fact that she is opposed to gay marriage.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-05-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4025423;
    Apparently she once gleefully said on Rachael Ray's show that she'd never changed her mind about anything, she clearly has changed her mind on this issue somewhat.
    I credit Rosie for that in large part. Elisabeth once said that if gay marriage us allowed next people might want to marry their toaster. After Rosie had been on the show for a while Elisabeth did seem to soften her opinion after seeing how Rosie's family worked so well. She had a loving relationship with her then partner Kelly and their children were happy. Elisabeth mentioned how much love there was in the house.

Elisabeth also once stated that perhaps gay marriage could be called something other than marriage. Today she pointed out that gay people aren't asking for a new law or right to be created, they're just asking for the same right as straight people have. I think that's definite progress from her previously staunch position.

Sherri of course once again brought up the possibility of pastors not wanting to conduct ceremonies for gay people. She's very stuck on the idea and I think she uses that argument to mask the fact that she is opposed to gay marriage.
    As if someone would defrock them if they didn't.... geesh.... Well, good for Elisabeth, am glad to see that she is not incapable of learning. Or going against the traditional conservative agenda. Now that you say it I do remember the toaster remark...

+ Reply to Thread