+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree983Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4020283;
    I emailed several times during the Rosie/Elisatwit years. NOT one time did I get anything back. I think the email goes into a black hole and nothing is done ever.
    No but if enough people email them, maybe they'll get rid of her. After all, they did get rid of Rosey when she went too far

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4014848;
    Not only that, but all we heard when he was running for president was that he was such an elitist, too far from the common people "real Americans" (as one particular idiot put it).

It's just nastiness and shows she didn't anything intelligent or credible to talk about. She undermines herself for stooping to that kind of thing. "Cleverly crafted" - as if he was supposed to be nervous and thrown off guard?
    That's exactly how McCain looked when he was on the show during the campaign.
    They had him stumbling and bumbling with their questions and the audience took a real disliking to him.
    I think that interview is what put them on the Times 100 Most Influential People list. Which is rather laughable, but they gave him a better grilling than most serious journalists had.
    Joy accused him of lying in his campaign ads (which he did in the examples she cited). Babs cut to the heart of "lipstick on a pig" gate by reminded him and everyone else that he'd used the same phrase before.
    The biggest groan from the audience came after Elisabeth asked him about Roe v Wade. Poor little dumbass clearly thought she was trying to help him, but his response was not well met.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It says Fluff is the last one to post, but I am not seeing that

I am a huge Obama supporter and think the Snooki matter is nuts, however, I do hope the President addresses the issue of him making comments about certain tv celebs. I recall when he made the comment first comment about Snooki and I thought, oh no, I wish he hadn't said that. I was surprised too, because of her character. Then when he made the denial about Snooki, I thought, oh no, this will be used against him.

Also, he made a comment to Kim Kardashian when she visited the White House about her show. I was appalled. He said something like nice show. Someone must have told him to say that and whoever it was was nuts! I doubt he knows anything about this show, but if he really knew all the stuff about the Kardashians, I do not believe that he would make any comment supporting it. (Issues with the show: abuse of alcohol, teens pole dancing, constant lying by family members, promotion of domestic violence.) With two young daughters, I don't think he had a clue about this show.

Perhaps the person inserting these comments doesn't understand the implications.

I think today's show might be the worst I've seen.
    "Hot Topics" were Gisele Bundchen says breastfeeding should be law, Bristol Palin's engagement being called off and a book some woman wrote that argues women should allow their men to cheat because they'll only do it behind your back anyway.

They followed this up with an interview with Jake Pavelka (the last Bachelor for those with enough sense to give that entire franchise the swerve) and the Real Housewives of DC.

They really scraped the barrel today.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4023913;
    I think today's show might be the worst I've seen.
    "Hot Topics" were Gisele Bundchen says breastfeeding should be law, Bristol Palin's engagement being called off and a book some woman wrote that argues women should allow their men to cheat because they'll only do it behind your back anyway.

They followed this up with an interview with Jake Pavelka (the last Bachelor for those with enough sense to give that entire franchise the swerve) and the Real Housewives of DC.

They really scraped the barrel today.
    Thanks for the warning. I'm recording, but guess I won't be watching much of it tonight. LOL It sounds dreadful.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4023032;
    It says Fluff is the last one to post, but I am not seeing that
    I'm having this issue, too, for the past few days.

It was, imo.
    So much babbling about nothing.
    They were quite rude to the Housewives, just as they were to Teresa Guidice yesterday.
    High def and close-up camera work does those housewives no favours. Most of them were hideous

It's such a shame that a show with a decent premise has become so "tabloid".
    Whoopi is a complete know-all and took the guy from RadarOnline to task yesterday in further defence of Mel Gibson.
    Her determination to paint Mel as the victim is vomit-inducing.
    Despite almost everyone at the table trying to explain to her that many abused women suffers for years without going to the police she still kept saying Oksana should have gone.
    Her desire to exonerate celebrities of wrong-doing is becoming legend.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4023949;
    It was, imo.
    So much babbling about nothing.
    They were quite rude to the Housewives, just as they were to Teresa Guidice yesterday.
    High def and close-up camera work does those housewives no favours. Most of them were hideous

It's such a shame that a show with a decent premise has become so "tabloid".
    Whoopi is a complete know-all and took the guy from RadarOnline to task yesterday in further defence of Mel Gibson.
    Her determination to paint Mel as the victim is vomit-inducing.
    Despite almost everyone at the table trying to explain to her that many abused women suffers for years without going to the police she still kept saying Oksana should have gone.
    Her desire to exonerate celebrities of wrong-doing is becoming legend.

I missed that by Whoopi as I missed the show Monday and Tuesday this week. I really can't stand by and watch that kind of defense of this man. It's insulting to victims of domestic violence. What's wrong with her? Is she getting paid to defend him or something? I think I'll post something over on their boards. Defending that man shows your ignorance IMO. She needs to educate herself on domestic violence.

I wonder if Whoopi's defence of seemingly any celebrity that does anything wrong (the harshest thing she's ever called him is a 'bonehead') stems from nearly losing her livelihood after she was critical of President Bush.
    I don't know what she said, but apparently offers completely dried up and she was running very low on cash (by her standards) when The View came calling with the offer to moderate.
    She knows what can happen when people are judged in the court of public opinion and I wonder if that's why she's always very much inclined to give celebrities the benefit of the doubt.
    Doing so is not generally viewed as a bad thing, but she seems to do it very often, yet can be extremely judgmental about issues not concerning celebrities.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread