+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4014284;
    I didn't bother taping Thursday's View with the president. Knowing that both Bawa and Elizatwit would be there would have made my blood pressure rise too much. Poor Bawa is addicted to fame and just can't retire gracefully. Elizatwit is just not too bright.
    Oh but it's so much fun watching him set people straight in his calm, cool manner. They can't rile him or catch him off guard he's so much smarter than they are. What irks them the most is that he KNOWS he's smarter than they are.

FORT Fan

O.K., I’ve finally had time to watch Elizabeth Hasselbeck’s appearance on Sean Hannity’s show and here are some observations if it's not too late for anyone to care.

Hassle, as I have come to refer to the evil one, said the President’s answer to her question about unemployment was “crafty” and declared that it was like saying, “It could be worse” and that just isn’t enough according to her. She said “saving jobs” as opposed to “creating jobs” is not the same thing and that the President was “cavalier” about unemployment and that she would like to have seen more “angst”.

Yeah, cuz that’s what we need: A President who wrings his hands in despair when confronted with a problem and paralyzed with “angst”

She said (because he was not invited to Chelsea’s wedding) that in might indicate a rift between him and the Clintons and when the President explained it would be bad enough having one President at her wedding, two would be worse because everyone would have to be scanned, gifts torn open, etc. but Elizabeth said to Hannity that he could not know what it would be like to go to the wedding before he actually went, proving to her, I suppose, that the President was making excuses, because we all know he does that a lot. Right, because the President doesn’t know what happens everywhere he goes. The extra security, the crowds of fans, the protesters, the hecklers, the traffic jams, the media frenzy, etc.

Of course the Hassle knows more than the President about these things.
    She even knows more about gardens than Michelle and said “I Hope to help her with that because I have experience.” It sounds as tho' she also hopes to help the President run the country too.

She mentioned that the President said he didn’t know who “Snooky” is but, clip was played as proof that he did, as he referred to her in one of his speeches. She said that she hates to think he was just reading something somebody else wrote for him when he referred to Snooky before, as opposed to writing his own speeches I guess. O.K. she’s got him there because, we all know that no other President in our history ever read “something somebody else wrote for them” before Obama. Those speech writers that every President has had were really just hanging around the White House for the heck of it. I hear the snacks are pretty good there.

She did say it was an honor to have him on the show but stabbing him in the back after he’s gone hardly seems to me like she appreciated the opportunity that some of us would kill for AND appreciate.
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 07-31-2010 at 04:43 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4016681;
    She mentioned that the President said he didn’t know who “Snooky” is but, clip was played as proof that he did, as he referred to her in one of his speeches. She said that she hates to think he was just reading something somebody else wrote for him when he referred to Snooky before, as opposed to writing his own speeches I guess. O.K. she’s got him there because, we all know that no other President in our history ever read “something somebody else wrote for them” before Obama. Those speech writers that every President has had were really just hanging around the White House for the heck of it. I hear the snacks are pretty good there.

She did say it was an honor to have him on the show but stabbing him in the back after he’s gone hardly seems to me like she appreciated the opportunity that some of us would kill for AND appreciate.
    I didn't watch Hannity, so thanks for the review, nabrudigam! This whole Snooky thing is absurd, especially as it is being used by the rightwingers to discredit the president or brand him as a liar. Who cares about Snooky?! So what if a speechwriter inserted a mention of her name to get a laugh. Perhaps said speechwriter took a few seconds before the speech to explain to the President who she is, but why should he remember? I forget people's names and who they are weeks or months later all the time, and I surely don't have as much on my mind as the President! Is remembering who Snooky is and even that the name once escaped his lips as a 2-second joke as important as the economy, health care, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the Gulf oil spill, etc.? GMAB with this particular inane criticism of the President. Don't Elisatwit and her ilk feel like fools for criticizing the President over this? Apparently not.

The Snooki thing is stupid.
    It's like the whole "he uses a teleprompter" issue.
    Are we supposed to believe that every other President or politician who ever made a speech in the digital age did so from memory?
    It's another issue blown out of all proportion.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4016825;
    The Snooki thing is stupid.
    It's like the whole "he uses a teleprompter" issue.
    What this does is point out how far people have to go to find something to complain about when it comes to Obama. As for the wedding, nobody, but nobody is going to be looking at Chelsea if the President were there and who wants the secret service tearing open their gifts to make sure there's no bomb?

The last I heard the President was getting 30 death threats a day. Don't know if that has gone up since then but it wouldn't surprise me what with all the "death panel" rumors and such after that number was reported.

I hate Elisabitch, she is such a hypocritical liar. Now she wants to go too The White house and spend time with Michelle and her daughters according to Fridays episode.. even Joy said something like "does that mean you are going to be a Democrat now? ... what a loser that Elisabitch is.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Try two-faced, backstabbing....yada, yada, yada....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse than having Kate Gosselin as a guest host, I now hear that Jake the Fake from The Bachelor is going to guest host sometime this week ... Weds, I think. Why in the world would they want him on this show? He must have one great agent. If you saw him on that break-up show, he gets close to violent if he's interrupted. Can't wait to see how he does with that on this show. Too bad Elisatwit is married ... they'd make a great couple. Who would kill who first?

FORT Fan

I'm curious to know if anyone here has ever emailed the show and if you have, did you get an answer.

I emailed about the President's visit and I also sent a copy of my post here (about the Pres.) to the White House with a few minor changes, like referring her to "the hassle".

I emailed several times during the Rosie/Elisatwit years. NOT one time did I get anything back. I think the email goes into a black hole and nothing is done ever.

+ Reply to Thread