+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1524Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

stupid Elizabeth.. he probably knows Linsday Lohan is in jail/ some pop culture because he has 2 tween daughters and he actually has conversations with them. dumbass
    IMO to be out of the loop with pop culture leaves you out of touch with 'the people'
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Elisatwit warning for anyone who hasn't seen President Obama on the View but is planning on watching it later: I just watched the show again and she also attacks President Obama toward the beginning of the interview for not bringing America together. (I must have been in a happy place focusing on President Obama the first time and totally blanked her out.) Gee, do you think shrill partisan harpies like you, Elisatwit, might have something to do with the divided nature of the country? Then toward the end of the interview when President Obama was talking about kids in school she shrieked, "Will they have a job when they get out?"

And thanks for that info. about Elisatwit's trashy QVC clothing line being made in China, Fluff. Hypocrite, much?

I can't bear watching both Hannity and the Twit together for fear of the black hole of shrieking idiocy those two in the same room must create. I love that she was complaining about President Obama knowing things about pop culture, though, when she was totally into it on the show. The right wing is also in a wild snit over President Obama taping some words to the boy scouts rather than attending their jamboree. Although if he attended it, he would then be criticized for not focusing on more serious things. Crazytown.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Obama very clearly stated that he was not invited to the wedding. He then explained in his gracious way that they didn't need 2 Presidents there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

I didn't bother taping Thursday's View with the president. Knowing that both Bawa and Elizatwit would be there would have made my blood pressure rise too much. Poor Bawa is addicted to fame and just can't retire gracefully. Elizatwit is just not too bright.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4014284;
    I didn't bother taping Thursday's View with the president. Knowing that both Bawa and Elizatwit would be there would have made my blood pressure rise too much. Poor Bawa is addicted to fame and just can't retire gracefully. Elizatwit is just not too bright.
    I saw Elisabeth on Hannity last night talking about the President's interview. She described his explanations as "cleverly crafted." I must admit, that's one thing no one could accuse George Bush of doing. LOL However, Elisabeth is so much smarter that the President, that she can see the real truth. PLEASE! I question her reading comprehension and honestly, her logic escapes me.

I must admit my biggest pet peeve with Elisabeth is the clothing selection. Last night she was wearing what looked to be a suit, consisting of a blouse and long sleeve jacket. She was very covered up and looked quite warm on a nice July evening. Can't wait until a bitterly cold day in January when she'll appear in a sleeveless, silk, little top with the back cut out. I don't get it.

I have wondered why Barbara will not retire. What is it? There are so many things she could do such as charity events, world travel, more writing, and spending time with her daughter and friends. She could still do a special once a year. Certainly she doesn't need the money. What gives? I have never read her book. Maybe she thinks she is still auditioning. LOL

I just thought of someone else who refuses to retire; Regis Philbin. This man has had some fairly serious health issues, but he just will not slow down. He still travels all over the northeast, Florida and even in the Pacific northwest to do his show. His wife accompanies him. I can't figure out what he does. He's not a atandup comic. He's not really a singer, although, I think he sings in his act. What is he doing in his show? Anyone know? I just don't understand why he is flying all across the country to perform, plus doing a daily tv show at his age. Oh well, I guess it keeps his mind active.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-30-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4013691;
    stupid Elizabeth.. he probably knows Linsday Lohan is in jail/ some pop culture because he has 2 tween daughters and he actually has conversations with them. dumbass
    IMO to be out of the loop with pop culture leaves you out of touch with 'the people'
    Very well said.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4013853;
    Obama very clearly stated that he was not invited to the wedding. He then explained in his gracious way that they didn't need 2 Presidents there.
    Oh, I got that. I also know that President Obama is Hillary Clinton's boss and think it's highly unlikely, for speculative example, that he was just waiting for an invitation in the mail and one just never came - dissing him thus - and he was forced to come up with a gracious excuse. I think it is more likely, for speculative example, that they had a discussion and mutually agreed that his being at the wedding would detract since that seems common sense. And I will not be back to discuss that issue further. I believe it's been covered, now.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4012869;
    Why do you call yourself black or African American, instead of bi-racial, as your mother was white.
    And Barbara Walters never said to President Obama that he identifies himself as a 'black' president, but rather that other people do and whether it would be helpful if he said he was bi-racial. He answered that question, as he has many times, that he considers himself a sort of mongrel in general, which is typical of American ethnic heritage, but embraces being African American and, indeed, wrote a book -- and this is my interpretation of the book, not what he said yesterday -- about his struggles with identity and race and how he came to embrace himself in an empowering journey of the mind, heart and spirit as well as a literal return, of sorts, to his ancestral Kenya.

I highly recommend Dreams from My Father to anyone who is interested in knowing more about President Obama since, as he said, what's truly important is that which goes beyond labels.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4013691;
    Not only that, but all we heard when he was running for president was that he was such an elitist, too far from the common people "real Americans" (as one particular idiot put it).

It's just nastiness and shows she didn't anything intelligent or credible to talk about. She undermines herself for stooping to that kind of thing. "Cleverly crafted" - as if he was supposed to be nervous and thrown off guard?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fanatic

I think people like Regis Philbin and Bawawa Walters don't retire because they cannot live without constant adulation. It's like a drug. Another example is Joan Rivers. Isn't she something like 78 years old also? Yet she appears on infomercials, does a live act around the country, hawks jewelry on QVC. Give me your attention, your money (for some of these people), and your adulation.

I'm delighted for Chelsey that the President is not coming. Talk about even more security on TOP of security. I hope she has a lovely wedding and a fabulous life. As to the cost of the wedding, she is the only child of her parents and naturally they love her. It's been suggested that the 'experts' interviewed are driving up the estimated cost deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4014952;
    I think people like Regis Philbin and Bawawa Walters don't retire because they cannot live without constant adulation. It's like a drug. Another example is Joan Rivers. Isn't she something like 78 years old also? Yet she appears on infomercials, does a live act around the country, hawks jewelry on QVC. Give me your attention, your money (for some of these people), and your adulation.

I'm delighted for Chelsey that the President is not coming. Talk about even more security on TOP of security. I hope she has a lovely wedding and a fabulous life. As to the cost of the wedding, she is the only child of her parents and naturally they love her. It's been suggested that the 'experts' interviewed are driving up the estimated cost deliberately.
    Those who drive up the figure of the wedding don't surprise me. The higher the cost, the better the story. LOL

One thing that is worth every dime is the air conditioned tents! I don't know how hot it will be in NY this weekend, but in NC, it will reach around 100 degrees. I have attended outdoor weddings in NC in which there were no air conditioned tents and OMG. I though I would die. It was way too hot. Even in the evening, it's over 90 degrees. You have to make your guests comfortable. This is money well spent.

+ Reply to Thread