+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I noticed that, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He did mention that he was not invited to Chelsea's wedding.
    I thought he did answer the question gracefully.
    I expected him to do that.
    I'm still not sure why he chose to go on the View - I think it was a lot more than "Michelle watches the show."
    I did think Elisabeth restrained herself well, yet still managed to ask an important question. The economy does still suck and millions are still out of work.
    Since Barbara is really the only one of that group qualified to even question the man, I was glad to see her back today.
    Say what you will about Barbara, she's the only "journalist" they've got.
    I'm still confused by Obama's lack of direct answer to the "bi-racial" question.
    I understand he was trying to go with a more politically correct and tolerant answer for the audience.
    I like that as we all need to be reminded of the larger picture and the need for people to get beyond these barriers.
    However, it would have been helpful for him to answer the question.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What was the biracial question?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4012799;
    What was the biracial question?
    I just watched it. President Obama was asked whether or not he considers himself bi-racial and he said, as he often has, that he is kind of a mongrel - like many of the American people. He also talked about how he discusses this at length in his book: Dreams from my Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.

He didn't go into it on the View, but having read his book, President Obama addresses his identity struggles because his father was not really a part of his life yet - since America is obsessed with skin tone - he was identified as 'black'. He deals very authentically and incredibly thoughtfully with his identity struggles in the book.

To me, he is simply a beautiful human being both inside and out and I loved seeing his wonderful smile and hearing his great laugh. We don't see and hear enough of that these days.

Elisatwit is an idiot. She attacked him for saved jobs with clearly no idea that we are gaining, losing and saving jobs all at the same time. The economy took a tremendous hit two years ago which would have likely turned into 2nd Great Depression were it not for the actions President Obama took early in his term - a point on which nearly all economists agree. Working our way back is a long, slow process but a very good sign is that company earnings have been unexpectedly strong the past couple of months an an upswing in hiring patterns should folllow. Unemployment is what is called a lagging indicator in economics because it is one of the last economic signals to turn prior to a full recovery.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Why do you call yourself black or African American, instead of bi-racial, as your mother was white.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4011426;
    It's my understanding (from various articles) that the Obamas were invited to Chelsea's wedding, but will not be attending, possibly because they didn't want to take away any attention from the bride and groom.

Unless they gag Elizabeth, I won't be watching. I'll wait to read the reviews and then decide if I want to watch it online.
    Exactly. President Obama and Sec. of State Clinton most likely had a conversation where she said she'd love to invite he and Michelle to Chelsea's wedding but that they're concerned about the extra commotion that would cause and that Chelsea is already always in the shadow of her parents and President Obama was perfectly happy to let Chelsea have her day. Weddings should be about the couple getting married and their families and a sitting President and his entourage can only detract from that.

I think you should watch it, Crit. Elisatwit barely spoke other than that part I recapped so you can just FF through that and he was on for pretty much the whole show and addressed a lot of issues but also had quite a few lighter moments (He didn't know who Snooki was ) and it's so great to see him laugh and smile.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

i think Obama did great on the view. you can't really blame him for everything going wrong

Elisatwit may not have had much to say earlier but she had tons to say on Hannity tonight. Among other things, she criticized him for taking vacations and knowing some pop culture. Ugh! She makes my blood boil.

I suppose anyone has the right to challenge the president of the United States -- he works for us, after all -- but still, it's grating to see someone whose previous claim to fame was appearing on "Survivor" go on Hannity and act as if she's somehow superior. Reminds of another high-profile twit.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;4012916;
    i think Obama did great on the view. you can't really blame him for everything going wrong
    Sure you can!!! Just ask the FOX folks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread