+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4005879;
    Apparently Obama was on the show back when he was a Senator. Anyone been watching long enough to remember how that went?
    I thought he was his usual composed self.
    They spent a lot of time on Rev Wright, which was pretty dull for me.
    IIRC that's the episode that won them the Emmy for best host(s).

I just really hope they keep a leash on Elisabeth.
    She didn't want to give up the Rev Wright topic last time. I don't recall her being rude though, she just really wanted to keep focus on that subject.

It's on youtube if anyone is interested in watching.
    Easy to search using obvious terms.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought he was awesome on the View when he was running. He was even nice to elisatwit. She better keep her mouth shut this time, but we know she will step in it as usual.

Does anybody know why he's going on the show?
    This will be the first time a sitting president has ever gone on a morning show.
    And why on the View?
    I'm curious.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm not pleased he's going to be on the show purely because I think the show is too poor to deserve to have a sitting President visit.

Not surprised Barbara came back for the interview.
    She seems competative and still wants to continue with her career so I can't imagine she'd give up the chance to interview a sitting President.
    She's the only one remotely qualified for the job too.

According to people he was asked about Chelsea Clinton's upcoming wedding. Hopefully this didn't give Elisabeth the chanse to rant on again about the cost of the wedding, which is all rumour and besides which, they have the money, get out and spend it.
    He wasn't invited btw.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4010758;
    I'm not pleased he's going to be on the show purely because I think the show is too poor to deserve to have a sitting President visit.

She seems competative and still wants to continue with her career so I can't imagine she'd give up the chance to interview a sitting President.

According to people he was asked about Chelsea Clinton's upcoming wedding. Hopefully this didn't give Elisabeth the chanse to rant on again about the cost of the wedding, which is all rumour and besides which, they have the money, get out and spend it.
    He wasn't invited btw.
    Obama wasn't invited to Chelsea's wedding?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4010758;

He wasn't invited btw.
    I don't think the View is good enough for President Obama either, Fluff, but that hasn't stopped me from already having my DVR all set for it. He did Leno last year and I think we'll see him do a talk show about once year as the sitting President for the next several years.

ETA: And, I think he's probably thrilled to have not been invited to Chelsea's wedding. I think the Clintons are aware President Obama somewhat marginalizes them, too, as the sitting President and he barely knows Chelsea although that probably seems the case for many of the invited guests. I would never have a wedding with a bunch of my parents friends. I hope this is really Chelsea's choice and not her parents with the reported 500 person guest list.
    Last edited by chrisg; 07-29-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

It's my understanding (from various articles) that the Obamas were invited to Chelsea's wedding, but will not be attending, possibly because they didn't want to take away any attention from the bride and groom.

Unless they gag Elizabeth, I won't be watching. I'll wait to read the reviews and then decide if I want to watch it online.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I just don't think any President, period, should be on a talk show. I'll DVR, no doubt, but I think any talk show is inappropriate for the President.

what is the over/under for Elisitwit to make a fool of herself

I think it's great Obama is going to be on The View this morning. It's sort of a humbling thing. I think it mirrors his humbleness and being down-to-earth.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread