+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

Joy Behar is 67 years old. Remember people on The View don't work on Fridays. Friday's show is taped on another day, so it's just Monday through Thursday. Sweet deal. And it's not like they are actors on a soap opera and expected to memorize pages of dialogue in advance.

It seems like they basically listen to the news and then comment on it - with varying degrees of success.

I'm sure they all have cars picking them up and depositing them at the studio and then home again. I can't imagine them standing in line at the grocery store either.

Joy is a comedienne and comics love and need to work. They all work as long as possible. Look at Don Rickles, Jerry Stiller, and Carl Reiner , who still work, and of those who have passed, Milton Berle, George Burns, George Carlin, for example. They just don't stop.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I thought it was quite a coup for them to get Shirley Sherrod on the show yesterday.
    Big celebrities and/or people that are currently in the news often seem to give this show the swerve.
    It's a shame they failed to mention the part Fox news played in the story, another example of Bill Geddie at work I suspect.

How insulting that they had another "gotcha" all teed up for Elisabeth to deliver.
    There is no way she knows anything about the Hatch act, Bill had been watching O'Reilly the night before apparently.
    Sherrod's been through enough without having to answer to another ridiculous argument from Hasselcrack.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FoRTer

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4000398;
    How insulting that they had another "gotcha" all teed up for Elisabeth to deliver... Sherrod's been through enough without having to answer to another ridiculous argument from Hasselcrack.
    I enjoyed yesterday's show, but that "gotcha" moment was just uncomfortable to watch. I admired how Mrs. Sherrod held such a graceful expression while Elizabeth read through her line of questioning.

I think that with the great guest hosts, including the guys, Elisabeth and Sherri should be a little nervous. It is very obvious that their seats could easily be replaced with other panelists. It would really help the show IMO.
    I hope that Barbara has watched the show while she was recovering and now sees how much better the show can be without those two.
    Barb could let it look like it was their own idea. They could pretend that Sherri wants to do more standup and maybe move back to CA so her son can spend more time with his dad and Elisabeth can say that she needs to be a full time mom with her 3 kids.

Anyone know when their contracts are up?

Someone on a Big Brother message board was talking about them bashing Matt. This poster called the ladies of The View the "PMS Quartet"
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4005323;

Anyone know when their contracts are up?
    Not soon enough.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I heard contracts are negotiated in April. I have no idea if that's accurate though.

Elisabeth won't be going anywhere while Geddie is in charge of The View and Brian Frons holds power at ABC.

The only chance she'll move on is if of her own accord and I don't think anyone is beating down her door with offers.
    Of all the co-hosts she's the one with the fewest options outside of this show.
    She once denied she was going to Fox, but there's no evidence that she was ever offered a job there.
    She doesn't seem to even make guest appearances on their shows any longer.

I don't know that being a full-time mum is an option if they want to maintain their current lifestyle.
    I believe Elisabeth is the major bread winner in the marriage. Tim's an analyst for ESPN but I don't know wht he does in the off-season.
    I imagine Elisabeth/Geddie/Frons played a part in getting him that job as ESPN is a sister network.
    Ex-quarterbacks who played about a dozen games in six years aren't usually in very high demand for their opinions.
    Of course they both trade on the Hasselbeck surname though so perhaps he's been able to use daddy Don's connections and his brother's success to open a few more doors.

President Obama will be on the show on Thursday. Apparently the show will be taped on Wednesday.
    This will give Geddie the chance to edit out anything he doesn't like.
    "That's Numberwang!"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Apparently Obama was on the show back when he was a Senator. Anyone been watching long enough to remember how that went?

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4005632;
    Someone on a Big Brother message board was talking about them bashing Matt. This poster called the ladies of The View the "PMS Quartet"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4005661;

President Obama will be on the show on Thursday. Apparently the show will be taped on Wednesday.
    This will give Geddie the chance to edit out anything he doesn't like.
    Then why do they tell the viewing audience that the PRESIDENT will be here on Thursday. Why don't they explain that the show will be taped? Not a biggie and I realize that security is involved BUT all morning Whoppie was going on and on about how Barack will be with us on Thursday.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread