+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Was that Carol Channing a hoot or what? I had no idea she was still around.

I do like the light highlights in Joy's hair. I think she could go even lighter.

How do you think Joy and Whoopi have the energy to do all of these live standup shows plus The View, plus Joy's night show. Where does she get her energy. She's no spring chicken either. Do you suppose she's desperate for money?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3997236;
    Was that Carol Channing a hoot or what? I had no idea she was still around.

I do like the light highlights in Joy's hair. I think she could go even lighter.

How do you think Joy and Whoopi have the energy to do all of these live standup shows plus The View, plus Joy's night show. Where does she get her energy. She's no spring chicken either. Do you suppose she's desperate for money?
    Having done The View for all these years, I doubt she's hurting for money. I don't know where she gets the energy, either ... but I bet the staff supplies her with all the background info and research she needs to do her TV shows, plus she seems like an intelligent person who keeps up with the news, unlike some of the other panelists on this particular show. The actual number of hours she's working between the two shows is probably not that much, unless you count makeup and hair. Still, I think Joy is 70-ish, and she looks great and is going strong.

Wasn't it Jamie Fox who recently was on The View and talking about how much money it takes to live rich in NY City? I think all of them on The View do. It seems Whoopi has a farm in Connecticut. Does she commute everyday? It seems she would get a small apt. in the city to stay a couple of nights per week so she doesn't have to drive every day. Maybe she does.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3997645;
    Wasn't it Jamie Fox who recently was on The View and talking about how much money it takes to live rich in NY City? I think all of them on The View do. It seems Whoopi has a farm in Connecticut. Does she commute everyday? It seems she would get a small apt. in the city to stay a couple of nights per week so she doesn't have to drive every day. Maybe she does.
    I don't know, but if she's commuting, I'm pretty sure she's riding in the back of a luxury car or limo, not driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3997745;
    I don't know, but if she's commuting, I'm pretty sure she's riding in the back of a luxury car or limo, not driving.
    LOL! I guess you're right about that. I just think I would rather be able to sleep in a little later and then have a short drive across town to work rather than having to get up extra early to make the commute. I commuted to my job 2 hours round trip for 5 years! I didn't realize how bad it was until I moved to within a 5 minute drive to my office. Man, you can't beat it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3997802;
    LOL! I guess you're right about that. I just think I would rather be able to sleep in a little later and then have a short drive across town to work rather than having to get up extra early to make the commute. I commuted to my job 2 hours round trip for 5 years! I didn't realize how bad it was until I moved to within a 5 minute drive to my office. Man, you can't beat it.
    Yes, I share those kind of unhappy memories about long commutes to work, but these celebs can just roll out of bed and into the back of a limo. They get hair and makeup and wardrobe and breakfast at the studio before they go on air, so that saves a lot of time. You and I had to do all that before we left the house! They can make phone calls, read, conduct business, have meetings, watch TV, surf the Net, etc., as they ride in comfort to the job, which is all of one hour on air. Ah, if ya gotta work, that's the life!

I love Allie Wentworth, I know, she's goofy and silly but she makes me laugh. I laughed SO hard when I noticed that Joy was painting the side of the already painted dog house red. Christina Hendricks is dead sexy, I think she might be my girl crush too
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

For some reason, I thought Whoopi's farm was up in Vermont, not CT. I also thought she said that she lived in Queens. If not Queens, she does have a residence in some part of NYC, most likely Manhattan. She was complaining one time about her cell phone bill and how she had a hard time getting reception inside her building and wasn't about to go outside to make a call on the street.

I do remember hearing that Joy had a car pick her up, Babs too. I can't remember if it was Babs who said that she basically just throws a coat on and is whisked away to work....to get dressed, get the makeup done, and the hair styled. I think they have to be at work around 9 a.m. to get all gussied up for the 11 a.m. show.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3999319;
    For some reason, I thought Whoopi's farm was up in Vermont, not CT. I also thought she said that she lived in Queens. If not Queens, she does have a residence in some part of NYC, most likely Manhattan. She was complaining one time about her cell phone bill and how she had a hard time getting reception inside her building and wasn't about to go outside to make a call on the street.

I do remember hearing that Joy had a car pick her up, Babs too. I can't remember if it was Babs who said that she basically just throws a coat on and is whisked away to work....to get dressed, get the makeup done, and the hair styled. I think they have to be at work around 9 a.m. to get all gussied up for the 11 a.m. show.
    Perhaps Whoopi's estate is located in Vermont and it does make sense if she had a place in the city.

I used to really like Ali Wentworth too. She used to really crack me up, then I started getting a little concerned for her. I saw her do a birthday routine for her husband on GMA. Of course if was over the top, but it seemed like something was wrong with her more than normal. You could sense embarrassment from the cast of GMA including her husband, George. It made me wonder what she might have been doing before her appearance, if you know what I mean. I don't like to accuse anyone of anything, because I know nothing about her personal life, but since then it appears to me that she has not looked as healthy. I don't know. I hope I'm wrong, because I do like her. I'm sure her marriage is under lots of pressure due to her husband's job, schedule and commute. It must be difficult.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I usually think "Why doesn't Ali get something done with those awful circles under her eyes?". I'm not really a fan of plastic surgery, but there are just some things that even I think I would consider doing. I don't think botox is the answer for her, at this point.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread