+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

What was with Joy jumping on Bethenny for saying she found breast-feeding hard? Some women do have problems with it, but be that as it may, Bethenny should have been allowed to mention her own experience without being censored by Joy. Bethenny does breast-feed, but apparently had some difficulty with it at first. Shut up, Joy. She's had many opportunities to jump in and censor ElisaTwit about much more important topics, but then she just sits there and makes a face.

I thought Joy was pretty rude to Bethenny, but I wonder whether she gets as sick as I do of hearing Elisabeth and Sherri make such a song and dance out of parenting.

They're both vastly overpaid for a part time job, both have nannies and Elisabeth has a husband who only appears to work part time too, yet they both just love to go on about how everything to do with parenting their child(ren) is such an ordeal.
    I wonder whether Joy felt, here we go, another rich woman going to make parenting seem like such a hassle.
    Not that I condone how she seemed to jump on Bethenny, I just know that if that is what she thought I'm right there with her.
    So sick of hearing the phrase, "as a mom..." from those two.

I thought Whoopi was also pretty rude during the book/Kindle conversation.
    She really does think she's the world's leading authority on any subject she happens to be interested in.
    She needs to find a less insulting way of disagreeing with someone than saying, "No, you're wrong...", particularly when it's a subject like "will Kindles replace books...?"
    At this point in time any answer to that is merely opinion so there really is no wrong or right.
    At least Whoopi wasn't stoned today so I guess that's something.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

I have also found the shape of Bethenny's face very distracting. I guess I'd go with 'angular' if it means off-center.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I love Whoopie's valley girl accent. It's hilarious.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3994903;
    I love Whoopie's valley girl accent. It's hilarious.
    Maybe it was the first 2,000 times, but not anymore. Plus, it was funnier in her standup comedy routines than it is when constantly inserted for an insipid sentence or two on this show.

I like Bethenny so I guess I'm inclined to want her to do well on the show. I would have no problem with her being considered as a replacement for Elisabeth or Sherri. I used to like Sherri, but over time she has become too predictable. And if I have to hear her defend Chris Brown one more time....

I did find it distracting that Bethenny pulled and tugged at her dress so much. On tv you need to wear something that is comfortable and fits. If you have to pull and tug it must not fit properly. I guess small things get on my nerves. When you are as thin as her, certainly you can find something that looks great and fits well.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've had that "tugging and pulling" pet peeve for years! Just get the right size, for goodness sakes!!

And that first model in the Selena Gomez's fashion show.....I just wanted to SLAP her!!! She was so busy being cutesy-adorable (or so she thought) that I just about hurled!! She was throwing herself all over that stage!
    Didn't she come out later and seem much more sane? Somebody must have said something to her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

If we're gonna talk fashion, that pinafore dress ElisaBabble was wearing today looked like she might have borrowed it from her daughter. What is she, 6 years old (maybe mentally, but not physically)? They all need much better wardrobe advice, IMO. Sherri seems intent on accentuating her already humongous chest; Whoopi is a disaster most of the time; and Joy is just blah.

There was definitely a lot going on with that dress today.
    Vertical stripes with a horizonal panel at the bottom, bow belt, shoulder ruffles (that were not symetrical). A bit too busy for my liking.

Thought Sherri looked dreadful yesterday.
    The top was hideous, the leggings made her legs look even shorter than they already are and the shoes did her no favours either because that type of strappy look always makes your legs look shorter.
    To top it all off was the most hideous wig I've ever seen her in.

Hot Topics was ridiculous today. They completely ignored the Shirley Sherrod story.
    I'm guess that was Bill Geddie's fat little fingers at play, can't spin this to make Fox look good so lets just ignore it altogether.
    Surely he could have fed Elisabeth the lines to blame everything on the Obama administration.

Perhaps if they'd mentioned the story as a hot topic they'd have had to cop to doing a similar thing to what Fox did when they ran the abridged clip of Kathy Griffin saying Scott Brown's daughters are prostitutes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

About the black and white dress that Twit was wearing yesterday...I have to admit that I liked it! The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was that it was a little too close fitting. I was hoping that it, at least, had a little lycra spandex in it, like so many things do these days.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread