+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 307071727374757677787980818283848586878889901301805801080 ... LastLast
Like Tree1626Likes

Thread: The View

the problem with Elisabeth is that she is a utopian, that is unable to get a point across verbally

the other problem is that she is the only conservative on the show

they were wrong for bringing her on a show where noone will take her seriously regardless

the only reason they put her on was to have a "young, blonde, pretty?" viewpoint on there

she is really gonna get it when Fatgirl comes on there, she might just pull a Star jones

I think if she did anything (I didn't watch) it was more frustration because they tell her to give her "views" and then they just disregard her totally.

many people will automatically disregrd anything she says because she's a republican.

If they really wanted to really have a conservative. I am pretty sure there are non-airhead, non utopian wonderland conservatives out there that can actually face the rest of them ladies around that table without getting deebo'd all the time.

a woman that believes her football player husband doesn't look at other woman, or that her husband doesn't "behave" or "talk" like a "guy" in an NFL locker room can't be taking seriously.

Bravo Dogg...you said it all very well. Lis can only get so far being "young and blonde". Her ultra conservative views are NOT shared by many of those her age. She does seem to live in a utopia type of world. I just feel bad for her daughter growing up in that environment.
    -Ang.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind." --Dr. Seuss--

FROM PAGE SIX

August 2, 2006 -- Now the question is — who'll endorse her divorce?
    TV's Star Jones has been telling friends on the East End that her marriage is about to fade out, The Post's Braden Keil reports.

"Reality has finally caught up with them," said a friend who requested anonymity.

Her confession to her pals is something new. Jones, who was recently terminated from "The View," had previously been denying rumors that her 21-month marriage to Al Reynolds was on shaky ground.

"She's heartbroken over the turn of events," said another pal.

"She really wanted it to work, and she thought it just might work, but in the end, it just wasn't going to happen."

Star earned the nickname "Bridezilla" by shamelessly plugging the freebies that stores and companies provided for her wedding.

And right after the nuptials, on Nov. 13, 2004, Jones suddenly slimmed down in a suspiciously short period of time — apparently to please her husband.

"Here she lost all that weight — and put her job on the line — in order to keep him," said one Hamptonite, as she bemoaned the fact that her friend lost not only Reynolds, but also her coveted slot on the ABC show.

"Star has resigned herself to the fact that they're not going to spend the rest of their lives together."

Jones, who was told last April that her "View" contract would not be renewed, dropped a bombshell by telling the show's live audience on June 27 that she would be leaving.

That did not make ABC execs — or co-host Barbara Walters — very happy.

They had hoped to carefully orchestrate her termination, and it all ended with a war of words between Star and Barbara.

But the messy departure briefly turned the show into must-see viewing. Ratings shot up immediately afterward, but have since come back down to Earth.

awe, just seen the Jimmy Kimmel recap

and @ Star Jones

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    the problem with Elisabeth is that she is a utopian, that is unable to get a point across verbally

they were wrong for bringing her on a show where noone will take her seriously regardless

the only reason they put her on was to have a "young, blonde, pretty?" viewpoint on there

she is really gonna get it when Fatgirl comes on there, she might just pull a Star jones

I think if she did anything (I didn't watch) it was more frustration because they tell her to give her "views" and then they just disregard her totally.

many people will automatically disregrd anything she says because she's a republican.

If they really wanted to really have a conservative. I am pretty sure there are non-airhead, non utopian wonderland conservatives out there that can actually face the rest of them ladies around that table without getting deebo'd all the time.

a woman that believes her football player husband doesn't look at other woman, or that her husband doesn't "behave" or "talk" like a "guy" in an NFL locker room can't be taking seriously.
    I agree. I don't agree with much of her political views, but even when I do she comes off as an airhead out of touch with reality, who can't back up her stance. She reminds me of a less vitriolic version of Sean Hannity, who always sounds like he's reciting a list of republican talking points without ever stoping to think about what he is saying or why he believes it.

As for Star's marriage, I heard it was supposed to be only a 2-year contract/arrangement anyway.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post

As for Star's marriage, I heard it was supposed to be only a 2-year contract/arrangement anyway.
    Isn't that the case with most Hollywood "marriages" to begin with? Hell, at least Star and Al gave it two years as opposed to 2-6 mos.

Oh there are going to be fireworks when Rosie (must we call her Fatgirl?) shows up. She's just as strident as Elisabeth, and less able to curb herself.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey
    i feel bad for star jones now.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post

Very well said Dogg. I can't think of a better list of reasons to illustrate what a huge mistake they made when they chose Elizabeth over Rachel Campos.

Rachel would have brought everything to the table that Elizabeth did, and more. She had the cute husband, the young children / pregnancy thing, and even the initial introduction on reality TV. She has similair political views to Elizbeth too. But if I remember her season of The Real World correclty, unlike Elizabeth, Rachel has the ability to actually convey why she thinks as she does, rather than just spouting off talking points.

I was never a big fan of Rachel when she was on The Real World. But in an Elizabeth vs Rachel showdown, Babs and Bill made a big big big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    i feel bad for star jones now.
    Yeah, I do too in a way. I know I was the main one complaining when she kept talking about that stupid wedding endlessly. I do think it is awful that as soon as the money stopped coming in he went out the back door. I had a feeling that something might be up with them when he was at a gym exercising on the other side of the country while she was having surgery??? There is NO WAY my husband would do that. Minor or major it is still surgery and he would be by my side. Anyway, she is going through a rough patch right now but she is strong and will pull through it.

+ Reply to Thread