+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1494Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Laura Ingraham was ridiculous.
    What a horribly pompous woman. She decided to use her appearance on the show to be critical of Michelle Obama but when the co-hosts questioned her about her obvious issues with her, Ingraham then bellows, "why are we talking about Michelle Obama?"
    Ingraham's a wingnut.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3981921;
    Quality went out the window when Lisa Ling and then Meredith Vieira left. Sherri Shephed seems like a nice person but adds nothing to the show. Whoopi's shtick is tedious. Elisatwit detracts from the show whenever her mouth is open and moving, which is far too often. Joy should use her rapier wit on a regular basis to shut E'twit up. Plus, she's a great deal funnier on her own show. I know their trademark is for everyone to talk over each other, but it drives me crazy and I turn it off.
    ITA with everything you've said. And that stupid Valley Girl voice that Whoopi uses just about every day got old in the first 10 minutes.

FORT Fogey

E'twit was at her shrieky, shrill, obnoxious best today over the joking comment Kathy Griffin made about Sen. Brown's daughters. While I think Kathy's comment was probably in poor taste (how unusual for a comedian!), E'twit was obviously thrilled to have the opportunity to call Kathy "scum" thrown right in her lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3988483;
    ITA with everything you've said. And that stupid Valley Girl voice that Whoopi uses just about every day got old in the first 10 minutes.
    Thank you. I dislike that Valley Girl act the first time I saw her do it and each additional time is just painful. Why does she keep doing it?????? I wish she would hang it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3991232;
    E'twit was at her shrieky, shrill, obnoxious best today over the joking comment Kathy Griffin made about Sen. Brown's daughters. While I think Kathy's comment was probably in poor taste (how unusual for a comedian!), E'twit was obviously thrilled to have the opportunity to call Kathy "scum" thrown right in her lap.

SO glad I didn't watch

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3991598;
    SO glad I didn't watch
    I turned if off after that. E'twit is like a robot programmed to start spewing as soon as somebody (Bill Geddie) pushes the button.

It was fairly typical of Geddie to only show the part of the clip where Kathy called the Brown daughters prostitutes and omit the part where she apologized afterwards and said it was just a joke.
    Apparently Bravo also ran a caption on the screen explaining for the hard of thinking that they aren't actually prostitutes.

Elisabeth is every inch the coward.
    She had plenty to say about Kathy today but when Kathy was on the show and invited her to "bring it" Elisabeth clammed up.

I don't think it was a particularly funny joke, but she was obviously making reference to Scott Brown saying his daughter Ayla was available in the speech he made after he was elected, which itself was obviously supposed to be a quip.

I thought the Valerie Plame Wilson interview was quite good today. Minimal interuptions so she got the chacne to tell her story. Elisabeth didn't rush to provide a tearful defence of the Bush administration.
    I guess she realised that was an argument she couldn't possibly win.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-19-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

I often tape Monday's show because of hot topics. After reading some of the previous comments, I didn't bother watching much. Thanks for giving me back about 40 minutes of my life!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is the word used to describe Bethenny Frankel's face? I find her face-shape disrtracting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3993267;
    What is the word used to describe Bethenny Frankel's face? I find her face-shape disrtracting.
    I believe the word is angular - lol. I've always thought the same about her face.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread