+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I really hope they never have Laura Ingraham on again, even if she does have another pile of published garbage to promote.
    Hot Topics was a hot mess and for once I was glad they went to commercial when she was trying to read from her spoof "Behar Diaries" book.

The crosstalk and interupting was unbearable today.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow!
    Between Whoopi castigating those in the audience who were upset with her comments about Mel G. the other day and Laura Ingraham going on her diatribe against Michelle Obama, it was just too much.

Question:
    I don't happen to wear a religious symbol, but my grandmother did for her whole life. And, I am getting a little bit tired with people who rant and rave about things while wearing a prominent religious symbol. It just doesn't seem to fit, IMO.
    Isn't religion supposed to teach tolerance?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Laura Ingraham's issue with Michelle Obama was what exactly?
    That she claims to be the first person to have a vegetable garden at the White House when in fact people did have them before.?
    Can the FLOTUS be impeached for that sort of shenanigans?

Ingraham seems to think Michelle Obama is trying to influence policy with her mission to get the children of the US to be more healthy.
    It was more hot air and bluster over absolutely nothing.

The standards on this show have sunk so low.

It's such a good premise, but it's wasted.
    Apparently there's a sign backstage that reads, "Make Sparks". That appears to be what Geddie wants. Rant, ravem shout, cry, be rude to your guests, each other anything, just as long as the show gets talked about.
    What a shame that seems to be the preference over the show receiving accolades for quality.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3981857;
    Apparently there's a sign backstage that reads, "Make Sparks". That appears to be what Geddie wants. Rant, ravem shout, cry, be rude to your guests, each other anything, just as long as the show gets talked about.
    What a shame that seems to be the preference over the show receiving accolades for quality.
    Quality went out the window when Lisa Ling and then Meredith Vieira left. Sherri Shephed seems like a nice person but adds nothing to the show. Whoopi's shtick is tedious. Elisatwit detracts from the show whenever her mouth is open and moving, which is far too often. Joy should use her rapier wit on a regular basis to shut E'twit up. Plus, she's a great deal funnier on her own show. I know their trademark is for everyone to talk over each other, but it drives me crazy and I turn it off.

TODAY was one.huge.mess. I just could not watch it. DELETE. I generally just start with Hot Topics and then decide if I will continue to watch ... nope, from the get go it was a disaster.
    KAREN

It was one of the worst shows for a long while, imo.

I see little point in having guest co-hosts, but Ingraham was dreadful because she was so rude, loudly bellowing over everyone and determined to spout her rather pointless agenda which seemed to be little more than obvious and intense dislike for Michelle Obama.
    Even Elisabeth, who loves to deal in deflection and false equivalence, thought her arguments were distracting and seemed to have no problem with Mrs Obama's interest in childhood health and obesity.
    It seems a rather ridiculous issue for Ingraham to get so worked up about.
    It's not as though the FLOTUS doesn't usually have a cause she supports, that's an expected part of the "job".
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ingraham is definitely working for the right network. It just sticks out all over her, especially in the way she rants and screams. She's a lot like Bill O'Reillly, in the female form. I find her very distasteful; even Bill is charming when he comes on the show. I don't know that Laura understands anything about charm and grace.

Sam Champion and Stephen A. Smith are co-hosting today. Sam is a cutie pie with the best laugh in tv today. They are good replacements for Sherri and Twit. I always love to hear what that "shy guy" Stephen A. Smith has to say! I'd love to get into a one-on-one discussion with him. He'd definitely keep it interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought Stephen and Sam were both good today.
    It's a shame that the show gets better when there are men on the panel.
    It seems to reinforce the idea that women can't get along in the workplace.

You get a show like yesterday's, which is one of the worst I can recall for a long time and contrast that with today's show and it's night and day, imo.

They need to make big chances on the panel.
    I'd go as far as replacing everyone and starting afresh.
    "That's Numberwang!"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Let's say MO was influencing policy, in a way that promoted healthy eating for children---that would be bad???? Good grief. And what kind of marriages does Laura I. know about where the partners don't influence each other?

Friday - We're showing you the latest on dieting! Helen Phillips and Michael Ventrella from The Biggest Loser share their stories, and we'll hear about body cleansing, the pros/cons of the Lap band
    As a TBL fan wondering how that went....
    Last edited by PWS; 07-17-2010 at 02:42 PM.

I didn't like the episode with Laura Ingrham at all. She is just way too full of herself. Plus, she wasn't nearly as funny as she thinks she is. The whole thing about Michelle Obama was silly. I never really understood what she was getting at.

I did enjoy the show the day the two guys were guest hosts. It seemed like they were able to discuss the topics in a civilized manner. I actually found it amusing and would like to see it that way more often. I think it showed a stark contrast to when Sherry and Elisabeth are there. It was sooooo much better!

+ Reply to Thread