+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I didn't think the next live show was until Tuesday. Thanks for the heads-up!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hmm, I guess the interview with her could be pre-recorded.

Here's what it says at their site;

Monday - Barbara joins the co-hosts, for the first time since May, for a brief appearance via video chat. Plus, see Angie Harmon, and American Idol Lee Dewyze performs!
    Tuesday - Clay Aiken guest co-hosts! Then, rocker Bret Michaels serenades the co-hosts and “Hungry Girl” Lisa Lillien shares healthy recipes.
    Wednesday - Political commentator/talk show host Laura Ingraham returns to co-host. Also, James Brolin discusses his movie, Standing Ovation.
    Thursday - Good Morning America's Sam Champion and Stephen A. Smith guest co-host! Plus, see Jennifer Love Hewitt and Joseph Gordon Levitt. (I hope there isn't going to be six co-hosts that day.)
    Friday - We're showing you the latest on dieting! Helen Phillips and Michael Ventrella from The Biggest Loser share their stories, and we'll hear about body cleansing, the pros/cons of the Lap band. (How dull)
    "That's Numberwang!"

If memory serves me correctly, Dwyze and Harmon were on in the spring.

(And I hear the AI tour is going down the toilet!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On their site it says; "Tune in on Monday to see Whoopi, Joy, Elisabeth, and Sherri return with an all-new episode and a special appearance by Barbara!"
    "All-new" is usually what their announcer says to describe the Friday shows, so I suspect it's new content but not live. Seems an odd time to have Lee Dewyze on. (Not surprised to hear the tour isn't going well.
    They had last week off, get four weeks off starting the second week in August and don't work Fridays and seem to be able to take days off here and there depending on outside projects or family needs.
    Jeez, how much more time off do they need?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

I normally check their schedule for the week on the ABC website and often tape Monday for the hot topics. However, as soon as I read that Bawa would be there - even briefly - I didn't bother. I assume they use Skype so you can both hear and see Bawa. No, thanks.

Baba Wawa actually looked and sounded pretty good. Not looking forward to her return in September, though.

And what was with Whoop saying that she wasn't defending Mel Gibson, but then went on to defend him? He wasn't racist in HER presence, which doesn't mean a thing. I've been wondering what "his buddy", Danny Glover's take on his rant is. I know a guy a lot like Mel....is overly nice to peoples' faces and, when he thinks he's in a safe environment, will throw the "n-word" around like no tomorrow.

I thought Barbara looked really good today.
    Looks like she's made an excellent recovery.

Whoopi's knee-jerk reaction seems to invariably be to defend real celebrities, unless they've done something to personally offend her.
    If the person is on the lower end of the celebrity scale (to the point where I personally wouldn't consider them celebrities) then she doesn't seem to feel the need to be so charitable.
    Hence her calling Kate Gosselin a bitch and telling her to smile and calling Glenn Beck a pile of dog mess when he was an invited guest of the show.

How nice for her that Gibson sat happily in her house and mixed with her family and didn't decide to throw racial slurs at them.
    The fact that he might even consider Whoopi a friend doesn't mean that he isn't racist, not if he considers her a friend but not a equal because of her race.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3977031;
    I thought Barbara looked really good today.
    Looks like she's made an excellent recovery.

Whoopi's knee-jerk reaction seems to invariably be to defend real celebrities, unless they've done something to personally offend her.
    If the person is on the lower end of the celebrity scale (to the point where I personally wouldn't consider them celebrities) then she doesn't seem to feel the need to be so charitable.
    Hence her calling Kate Gosselin a bitch and telling her to smile and calling Glenn Beck a pile of dog mess when he was an invited guest of the show.

How nice for her that Gibson sat happily in her house and mixed with her family and didn't decide to throw racial slurs at them.
    The fact that he might even consider Whoopi a friend doesn't mean that he isn't racist, not if he considers her a friend but not a equal because of her race.
    I haven't seen the show from today yet, however,
    I agree with your post. Whoopi is difficult to figure out sometimes. I guess all you can say about someone is what you have observed personally, however, I am smart enough to know that who people are behind closed doors is often VERY different from how they are when they are putting their best foot forward.

My ex-fiance was a lot like Mel. I call it sociopathy, but it could be a number of things. Those people put on a happy front and lots of people think they are just great, but these people are total hell when they get alone with someone with whom they think will tolerate their stuff. That's when they unleash their rage. It really is like two different people. I'm sure there are many people who would NEVER have believed me if I had told of his violence, threats and dangerous conduct. There were a few close friends who witnessed it too. I would have needed recordings to confirm it, since some of the friends would probably have been too afraid to expose him.

And, as is said, we teach people how to treat us by putting up with their behaviors toward us; I am talking about celebs and everyday people, too. I've been down that path, too, but those days are definitely over. Everybody should always refuse to accept the crap off the bottom of somebody's shoe. The first moment it rears its ugly head, everybody has got to learn to say "NO...not me, buddy!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3977031;

I agree with you.

Whoopi just went off about this reaction she is getting from many people. She looked a little wackadoo in the process.

If I had a friend who I saw in one way do a Mel Gibson, I honestly, don't think I could ever look at them the same way.

+ Reply to Thread