+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1383Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #7951
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,837

    Re: The View

    I have never heard a doctor say anything positive about a cleanse. In fact they always say it is not necessary. Plus, I've never seen where it did anybody any good, so why bother?

  2. #7952
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Elisabeth did say to consult your doctor before starting a cleanse, so I hope she took her own advice.
    I don't know much about Celiac, but a fruit juice cleanse doesn't seem that wise for someone with this problem.

    Friday taped show Hot Topic was very predictable. With Kate as co-host you know a fair portion of the time will be taken up discussing her, then it's straight on to sex talk
    "That's Numberwang!"

  3. #7953
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3960227;
    Elisabeth did say to consult your doctor before starting a cleanse, so I hope she took her own advice.
    I don't know much about Celiac, but a fruit juice cleanse doesn't seem that wise for someone with this problem.Friday taped show Hot Topic was very predictable. With Kate as co-host you know a fair portion of the time will be taken up discussing her, then it's straight on to sex talk
    I know a lot about celiac disease because I've had it all my life. It's gluten we have to avoid, not fruit. Gluten is a particular protein found in certain grains ... primarily wheat, but also others such as barley, rye, spelt, triticale, and more. There is no gluten in fruit.

  4. #7954
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3959635;
    I'm right there with you, tapper. I simply cannot understand why that immature, uninformed, unintelligent, ignorant, rude, shrill, smug, completely untalented person is still on this show. She has made it unwatchable for me. I don't know if the other panelists have been told to go easy on her or if they are just overly polite, but she is getting away with murder and this show is her victim.
    I feel the exactly same way; if I ever tune in, I keep the mute button under my thumb for every time she opens her mouth. My guess is that she's good for ratings, because a frightening number of people actually agree with her (and her lame-brained heroine, Sarah Palin). If she left, those under-informed viewers would have no reason to stay.

  5. #7955
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3960319;
    I feel the exactly same way; if I ever tune in, I keep the mute button under my thumb for every time she opens her mouth. My guess is that she's good for ratings, because a frightening number of people actually agree with her (and her lame-brained heroine, Sarah Palin). If she left, those under-informed viewers would have no reason to stay.
    I see your point and you're probably right, but I think it's sad. Sort of like if Jerry Springer and Maury Povich suddenly started offering intelligent subject matter on their shows, they'd lose their audience, thus the necessity of catering to the lowest common denominator. I know all the panelists on The View aren't ignorant lame-brain puppets, but I think they need to dump the shrill motor-mouth Twit and find a woman who represents the conservative point of view in an intelligent, reasonable manner. C'mon, I see women like that on CNN and other networks, how hard can it be? For some reason other than her point of view (which I think she represents poorly and stupidly at best, so she isn't doing her "constituency" any favors), she is somehow able to retain her job, and I would just love to know what it is. Although it might just be a matter of poor judgment and decision-making on the part of those in charge. Example: the recurring host status of Kate Gosselin, who has not a thing to offer, ever, on this show. Even today when she was introduced at the opening, total silence from the audience, not even a smattering of applause.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 07-02-2010 at 02:45 PM.

  6. #7956
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3960296;
    I know a lot about celiac disease because I've had it all my life. It's gluten we have to avoid, not fruit. Gluten is a particular protein found in certain grains ... primarily wheat, but also others such as barley, rye, spelt, triticale, and more. There is no gluten in fruit.
    Oh, I know it's gluten that has to be avoided, it just doesn't seem very wise to me (who has no medical training) to do a cleanse when you have an auto-immune disease.
    I happily defer to your superior knowledge on Celiac though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2
    I feel the exactly same way; if I ever tune in, I keep the mute button under my thumb for every time she opens her mouth. My guess is that she's good for ratings, because a frightening number of people actually agree with her (and her lame-brained heroine, Sarah Palin). If she left, those under-informed viewers would have no reason to stay.
    I suspect people who're to the right would still watch as long as there was someone on the panel that they felt represented their views.
    That person doesn't have to be Elisabeth. Just as Joy doesn't have to be the voice of the left on the panel.
    I'd prefer they were both replaced (replace all of them I say) with more intelligent, well-rounded women who take the job seriously and use it to express their personally held views, not to spout talking points they've heard elsewhere.
    Sherri doesn't have to be the Christianity "expert" either.
    I don't agree with her that God created the earth, but respect her right to hold that view, but there's no excuse for thinking the Virgin Mary was married to "John".

    I think they've just become complacent about the job and it shows.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  7. #7957
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,749

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3960319;
    I feel the exactly same way; if I ever tune in, I keep the mute button under my thumb for every time she opens her mouth. My guess is that she's good for ratings, because a frightening number of people actually agree with her (and her lame-brained heroine, Sarah Palin). If she left, those under-informed viewers would have no reason to stay.
    Ohhh, I so would have LOVED her to have seen the Kathy Griffin show this week ... she went to Alaska to perform and stopped into to visit with Levi Johnston and the show was just SIMPLY hysterical ... esp if you are NOT a Palin fan!!! She was allllll over SP with the jokes.

    She suggested to the Town Hall folks that the new Alaska motto should be "Alaska, love it or suck it" ... they stood there stunned.

    She went to SP's house and rang the doorbell to invite her family to her show. No one was home.

    ElisaTWIT, would have had a FIT had she been MADE to watch it!!!
    KAREN

  8. #7958
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3960331;
    I know all the panelists on The View aren't ignorant lame-brain puppets, but I think they need to dump the shrill motor-mouth Twit and find a woman who represents the conservative point of view in an intelligent, reasonable manner. C'mon, I see women like that on CNN and other networks, how hard can it be? For some reason other than her point of view (which I think she represents poorly and stupidly at best, so she isn't doing her "constituency" any favors), she is somehow able to retain her job, and I would just love to know what it is.
    It is curious. I'd love to hear from someone who actually likes her, because I don't see it either. My guess is that the conservative viewers who find her appealing don't really care that she has such a tenuous grip on reality; they see her as some sort of perky underdog trying to hold her own among the crazy liberals.

    I did see a few minutes of Kathy Griffin on The View recently (not sure whether it was current or a repeat episode) and Elisabeth was shooting daggers at her. She came at Kathy for saying things about The View cast "that are a -- not true, and b -- not funny..." It was pretty darned hostile. But I'm guessing it all gave Kathy a bit more material for next time.

  9. #7959
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    711

    Re: The View

    More that EH on the View, and her nonsense, why was Kate on again. Lie after lie, I had to change channels to The Price is Right, as least we have people who are grateful to get something for nothing. Then when Kate's on they kiss her butt!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

  10. #7960
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Barbara will be Skyping in to tomorrow's show apparently.
    The kissing-up will be horrendous, but I'll put up with it because I'd like to see how she is.
    Heart surgery is no joke at any age.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.