+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I think it's time to stick a fork in this show and call it done. When Whoopi's there, she pretty much sleepwalks through it. Elisatwit is an untalented, unbearable waste of space. Barbara is tedious and unfortunately seems not all there sometimes. Sherri rarely has anything to contribute, although she does come up with a line or two a couple of times a month, but her (supposedly) comic antics don't amuse me at all. Joy saves her best stuff for her own show. I've watched only a few mintes here and there the past few weeks because I can't stand the Twit anymore, and the substitute co-hosts weren't interesting to me, although I did like the little I saw of Bryant Gumble. If they can't prop up this show with some new panelists who are sharp, bright, informed, and interesting, they need to call it a day. The whole thing is pretty much a trainwreck to me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3948926;
    Does anyone have an idea why the show stopped doing the big give-a-ways when Rosie left? I know she brought them the concept, but it was so exciting and the audience just loved it. They still do a few give-a-ways of occassional tickets, CDs and those gadgets when they have the gadget segment, but that's not very often. If that had continued, I was thinking of taking a trip to see the show just for the free stuff. LOL. (It's about a 10 hour drive for me.)

I thought that 4 people on the panel worked better. Maybe they would each have more opportunity to speak if they just kept it at 4.
    I am pretty sure the reason they don't do the give aways was BECAUSE it was Rosies idea...

thats okay Ellen does it and it is awesome

Did anyone see the Bin Laden hunter guy yesterday?
    He struck me as a bit of a crackpot.
    If there was any truth to his claim that he knows where Osama Bin Laden is I would have hoped he'd have alerted the US government

Thought they actually did a reasonably good job with the interview of the teacher accused of sexual abuse.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff, I had to ff the Bin Laden guy from yesterday. He seemed off to me. From the parts I saw, I could not take him seriously. I also didn't believe what he said about how he transporting weapons on airplanes. Maybe I'm naive.

I zoned out a bit when he was talking about the weapons.
    He seemed to indicate he brought them into Afghanistan over a number of visits.
    I would have thought it would have just been easier to try to buy things there rather than bring them in.
    I dunno
    I was too stunned by his presence to pay much attention, until he used what I consider to be a slur when mentioning the Pakistani people.
    I was pleased Joy called him out for that.
    Apparently he was on Letterman last night and used the word again. Letterman mentioned it wasn't an acceptable word to use too apparently.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just watching the usual "catfight" on this show that is so typical anymore. Elisabeth gets so red-faced, and is so vehement regarding anything Mr. Obama does. As a show host, it would show more class if she could show a little less bias. This is really getting old.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3956743;
    Just watching the usual "catfight" on this show that is so typical anymore. Elisabeth gets so red-faced, and is so vehement regarding anything Mr. Obama does. As a show host, it would show more class if she could show a little less bias. This is really getting old.
    I think we can all agree that ElisaTwit's role on this show is not to add class. If they wanted that, Meredith Vieira and Lisa Ling would still be on, or they would at least have added a sharp, informed (by someone other than producers handing her cards with scripted questions and comments), credible journalist. I can no longer watch the entire show. Every time The Twit opens her mouth and starts spewing idiocies at 100 words a minute, I just get angry that someone like her can earn a ton of money doing this. She is a no-talent lame-brain puppet, and I can't fathom why she is still on the air.

I like Meredith Vieira, too. Miss her on that show.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Who do you think is the breadwinner with Elisabeth and her husband? He's not playing ball anymore right? I think he's now a sport's newscaster. I wonder how his income compares to hers. Could she afford to quit and stay home fulltime? Just curious. I would think it would be a lot less expensive if they moved out of Manhatten too. Did you hear what Jamie Fox said about living rich in NY? Apparently, The View pays pretty well.

I remember when this show first started. It was classy and fun and informative. The biggest issue back then was how loud Star was, but at least she was intelligent, so you could overlook her volume. I think the show really started to decline with the departure of Meredith and the hiring of Rosie. Now we have a panel of four. Two actresses, one reality star and fashion guru (didn't she do a fashion on a budget show at one time?) and Joy. Occasionally, a narcissistic windbag will pop on. From a panel of intelligent, professional women to this...whatever the hell it is...lol. Even Babs made more sense back then. I can't stomach to watch it. I just read this thread to keep up on it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread