+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I am not, normally, much of fan of Macy Gray, but she did have me rockin' today!

It was hard to type while I was dancing in my chair!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Geddie's the producer. He's going to do whatever he can to pump up the ratings.
    Lots of people weren't that fond of Rosie O'Donnell when she was on this show, but she actually drove up the ratings - esp. the fights between she / Elisabeth.
    It's kind of like the brouhaha surrounding Kate Gosselin. She can be very polarizing - but people do tune in and talk about it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The ratings stay fairly static, I believe.
    They got a boost when Rosie and Whoopi joined and they often get the occasional upswing depending on their guests, I believe they're generally around 800,000 per day.

When Star was still on the show she mentioned a few times that she'd have discussions with Bill about politics and that they were on different sides of the aisle.
    Both Rosie and Kathy Griffin have mentioned Bill's daily pre-show briefings that he has just with Elisabeth.
    People can choose to dismiss their comments if they wish, but logically I don't know why people would choose not to believe it.

I thought Elisabeth did ok as the moderator but she just isn't very good at tv imo, not considering how long she's been doing it.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-23-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3946538;

I don't think regular, intelligent women want someone with opposing views silenced. I'm quite happy to hear what people who disagree with my politics have to say, but not when it's delivered in such a snotty, shrieky, rude manner.
    EXACTLY! I work with an older gentlemen who is a republican. I love talking politics with him. He doesn't ridicule my thoughts and opinions and always gives me something to think about. I return the favor. I can't talk politics with too many people but he's not hateful about his opinion and I love that we can actually converse and not argue. The funny thing is...even though I'm a serious democrat, I like getting his take on things....it's his delivery that causes me to listen to what he is actually saying.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm disappointed in Melissa Etheridge, she doesn't seem particularly smart if she can fall for Elisabeth's sudden apparent support for gay rights.
    Her turnabout is entirely about criticising the President, imo.
    Had DADT been repealed I'm quite sure she'd be screeching about how Obama went against the recommendation of generals who're protecting the freedom of the country inatimeofwar blah blah blah.

I thought her suggesting that in calling General McChrystal home the President might be protecting his pride instead of protecting the troops was one of the most offensive things she's ever said and that list is long.
    Can you imagine the shriekfest she'd have exploded into had someone questioned President Bush's motives like that?

Considering how commited to Christianity Elisabeth and Sherri claim to be they didn't seem to know a whole lot about the Virgin Mary this morning.
    Also, what's with Elisabeth shouting "hey" before making statements?
    She did it three or four times today.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

That Twit will sell her own grandma if she can get milage out of bashing Obama.

I am tired of her and unless there is just nothing else on I am not in to watching her shrill, shreak and yell. I do enjoy when she gets her ass handed to her tho, I'm not gonna lie.
    '

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3948835;
    That Twit will sell her own grandma if she can get milage out of bashing Obama.

I am tired of her and unless there is just nothing else on I am not in to watching her shrill, shreak and yell. I do enjoy when she gets her ass handed to her tho, I'm not gonna lie.
    '
    I keep hoping that maybe, at some point, Erin Andrews will get to have a go at her. I think she'd be good as a fill-in co-host.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3948865;
    I keep hoping that maybe, at some point, Erin Andrews will get to have a go at her. I think she'd be good as a fill-in co-host.
    I think Erin would take the high road and not say anything!

Does anyone have an idea why the show stopped doing the big give-a-ways when Rosie left? I know she brought them the concept, but it was so exciting and the audience just loved it. They still do a few give-a-ways of occassional tickets, CDs and those gadgets when they have the gadget segment, but that's not very often. If that had continued, I was thinking of taking a trip to see the show just for the free stuff. LOL. (It's about a 10 hour drive for me.)

I thought that 4 people on the panel worked better. Maybe they would each have more opportunity to speak if they just kept it at 4.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3948896;
    I think Erin would take the high road and not say anything!
    True. Erin's a class act. But she's not one to back down from a fight, either.

I just can't stand Elisabeth. I rarely watch The View since I'm at work when it's on, but when I do catch it her voice and demeanor just make be nuts.

+ Reply to Thread