+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Fluff, I actually typed that, but then backed off since I didn't want to become political and biased in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3940306;
    Elisabeth always thinks she's doing the right thing while she does it, and then she gets her butt handed to her by the rest of the panel every time. She never learns! For me, it's pure schadenfreude in action...

And I bet Kathy will have more than 10 minutes on this event -- I can't wait for her next special! I think she had almost a half-hour on an earlier View visit in a past special.
    She would be so much more effective if she started to do the opposite of what people expect from her.
    I knew she was cracked early on when she said if gay people were allowed to marry next someone would want to marry a toaster.
    Ridiculous, not funny and homophobic.
    Says it all really.

Fluff, I actually typed that, but then backed off since I didn't want to become political and biased in this thread.
    I think there's a particular type of person that will scream about the right to free speech...only if you're saying exactly what they want to hear.
    If not, "shut up and sing".
    That type of person seems to have found a home among the tea party contingent.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-18-2010 at 06:56 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oh goodness, here she goes again on the Prayer issue But Obama said TO pray

I can never find middle ground with Sherri.
    I can like her and be repulsed by her in the same show, multiple times.
    I like that she often provides the only effective counter to Elisabeth's ranting, but then she'll say something ignorant and/or homophobic and turn me off completely.

Her display during the As Seen On TV segment yesterday was pretty gross.
    I do wish she'd stop being the class clown because when she does her homework she has shown herself to have a good grasp of a number of issues.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thomas Roberts is ridiculously drop-dead gorgeous. I almost collapsed when he said he was gay!!! Broke my heart. For what is he known? I've never seen him before and, if they said it, I missed it.

D. L. Hughley has always been a favorite of mine, and the love continues. I was most surprised to learn that his education only went to the GED level. Love and respect the way he, intellectually, handles himself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought DL did a good job and wish Sherri and Elisabeth had had the day off so we could have heard more from him and Thomas without their incessant interrupting and screeching.

Elisabeth needs to make up her tiny little mind about what she wants governments to do.
    When DL said "we" should learn from the past with regard to what happens when governments allow businesses to have free reign, Joy said we should pray for regulation and Elisabeth shouted out, repeatedly, "let's pray for Communism", yet she's spent the past few weeks literally screaming that the US government is not doing enough.
    She is such a crazy bitch.
    She wants the government to be all over some things but stay out of others.
    The government shouldprovide all women with free mammograms but not provide universal healthcare.
    Why is this? Because breast cancer runs in her family so that's something she actually has some sensitivity towards and she has employer-provided healthcare so sod everyone who isn't as fortunate to have married into a wealthy family and used their connections for every break they've ever received?

I'm pleased Joy actually reacted to Elisabeth saying her opinion that prayer replaces logical thought was bigoted.
    I guess religion is another topic to add to the list of things Elisabeth cannot discuss in a composed and adult manner.
    They need to find co-hosts who can respond to dissenting opinions while still maintaining the composure.
    It seems at times none of the current panel can do that.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-22-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yes! That is so true. They need to insist that the panel, (Elisabeth) voice their opinion in a calm and dignified manner and not screech like a child throwing a tempter tantrum. I like to hear different points of VIEW, but not when that view is screamed at me.

Do you think she is faking all the high pitched, emotion driven, rantings? It's difficult to believe that she is that passionate over so many issues. Maybe it's an act.

I think she's a brat who's used to having everything handed to her and this is the first time since she's shown any interest in politics (she didn't even register to vote while she was away in Australia for Survivor) that the party she supports hasn't been in power.
    She isn't getting things her way and she's "spit the dummy" as they say.

I think she and Bill make the mistake of thinking people dislike her purely because they disagree with her politics.
    I do happen to disagree with her, vehemently at times, but there are so many other reasons to dislike her that are nothing to do with the talking points she's so dutifully parrots.
    I don't think regular, intelligent women want someone with opposing views silenced. I'm quite happy to hear what people who disagree with my politics have to say, but not when it's delivered in such a snotty, shrieky, rude manner.
    The entire panel needs to learn how to have a conversation as "normal" people do, not shout and bellow over one another.

There are just too many topics that Elisabeth above anyone else cannot discuss in a calm and composed manner.
    She really does seem to think the louder she shouts the more right she is and if she has to shout to drown everyone else out so they can't be heard she's more than happy to do it.

ETA. It's Elisabeth's turn to moderate tomorrow.
    As I'm positive she'll never leave this show while Geddie is in charge or ABC while she can still trade on Don Hasselbeck's connection to people in power there, I really hope she'll do a good job.
    I'm tired of her brattiness, which has run amok since Babs took time off.
    I would love her to prove me wrong and do a very professional job.
    I'm really not sure she has it in her though.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-22-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

I'm at work during the show, but I often tape Monday's show for the hot topics and check the web schedule to see if guests on any other days interest me enough to tape it. I will definitely not tape Elizabeth's turn as moderator (shudder).

That shrill voice is unbearable. And the way they talk over each other at times is so distracting.

There's much said here about Bill Geddy. How do you know that he is partial to Elisabeth? Why do you think he leans to the right? He is Barbara's producer for the show and her radio show and I never thought that she was far right. So what about Bill is so special? Just curious.
    Do you think he likes Elisabeth's meltdowns for ratings?

I know Bill and Rosie weren't fond of one another, but I thought that was a personality conflict.

+ Reply to Thread