+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879808182838485868788891291795791079 ... LastLast
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Elisabeth, seriously, needs to grow up. "Well, Joy was talking, too,"...whom among us has not heard our children talk like this?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

But how can she know that her actions are unacceptable when up till this point, there have been no guidelines? It's pretty hard to take your cue from someone who is old enough to be your grandmother when they're sitting round running their hands through people's hair and asking if it's real, isn't it? I didn't see the show and am only playing devil's advocate here. I'll bet most of you agree though. The show has never had any rules so why start now?

Extremely good point Mudah. Still if you've ever seen a talk show you have to know that you are over the top. And by you I mean Elizabeth.

I'm surprised at just how much Meredith (who was the only reason I watched the show) kept the show on track. Now I watch just to see the train crash.

GG, glad you're here. I wanted to ask what the card tearing thing was all about.

I like Elisabeth a lot but I decided a long time ago that this isn't the gig for her. She's out of her league there.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Ditz is just so pathetic.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    GG, glad you're here. I wanted to ask what the card tearing thing was all about.

I like Elisabeth a lot but I decided a long time ago that this isn't the gig for her. She's out of her league there.
    Thanks Muduh. I think Elisabeth was so upset that she ripped up the card and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't start crying (basing this on the way Barbara was treating her when they came back from break).

I also like Elisabeth a lot and although her opinions don't match mine, I believe she has every right to them. I wish she could just learn to discuss them in a way that doesn't make her look so idiotic. She and Roger were my favorites on that season of survivor, and I was happy when she was chosen to replace LL. She just needs to tone it down and discuss things as opposed to yelling her views like they are the only way to think.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The card ripping was what we call a temper tantrum. She made a fool of herself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    . Now I watch just to see the train crash.
    Me too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Thanks Muduh. I think Elisabeth was so upset that she ripped up the card and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't start crying (basing this on the way Barbara was treating her when they came back from break).

I also like Elisabeth a lot and although her opinions don't match mine, I believe she has every right to them. I wish she could just learn to discuss them in a way that doesn't make her look so idiotic. She and Roger were my favorites on that season of survivor, and I was happy when she was chosen to replace LL. She just needs to tone it down and discuss things as opposed to yelling her views like they are the only way to think.
    That's the prcise problem I have with Elisabeth too.
    Not that we disagree on pretty much everything, it's that she is incapable of making a point or arguing her corner without getting loud or "explosive" as Barbara put it.
    Her little tantrum today was embarassing and I think Barbara was foolish to console her after the break.
    Barbara was in the right when she finally chastized Lis for her juvenile behaviour.
    I'd really prefer her to be replaced with someone a whole hell of a lot more mature.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-02-2006 at 09:52 PM.

I just a little clip of her "taking the morning after pill is akin to birthing a baby and then leaving it in the middle of the street" tirade, Barbara telling her to calm down. My Lord, the girl talks so fast and, agreeably, loud.

The argument doesn't go to those that argue loudest and longest. She seems to have picked up that lovely trait from Star.

Speaking of Star... I saw another long blurb today, I believe on pagesix.com, that talked about the fact that her marriage truly is over, that she was overheard talking about it with girlfriends. It made it sound like it was Al's decision. I wonder how much is true.

+ Reply to Thread