+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I love Stephen A. Smith! I always find him interesting and straight forward, without being offensive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3937822;
    OH my goodness, she is a one horse pony. Today she equated all the Obama is trying to do for those who have lost so much in the oil spill as just "PR" spin and said Bush and Katrina handled that situation SO much better than Obama is with this spill.
    Why does this not surprise me? I was thinking about a replacement for Elisabeth the other day. Who could they bring in that is an intelligent, well spoken, personable, Republican and female? I'm having trouble coming up with anyone. John McCain's daugher may be a little too liberal to replace Elisabeth, but I can't think of anyone else. I don't think either one of the Bush daughters are very polictically minded. Any suggestions? Maybe that's why they don't replace her. They can't come up with someone with her perspective. Just speculating.

What was the deal with Bryant Gumbel yesterday? He was so thankful to be on the show. He told them thanks about 4 times. Why is he so desperate for work? I kind of felt sorry for him. He is recovering from cancer. He does still look weak. Did he say how it was doing yesterday. I missed some of the show while preparing dinner and might have missed it.

I don't think they mentioned Gumbel and cancer. I thought he did pretty good tho.

Elisatwit is just a one horse shill. I thought she would have a kindred spirit with Joe S. today but even he had the What the heck look when she went off on her rant. Sherri took her down tho and really let her have it on the Katrina blurb. I wanted to yell, go baby when she was taking ms. hasslebeck to task. Why on earth that person is still allowed to have that job when she can do nothing on her own is beyond me. Oh and her clothes? YUK

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3937822;
    OH my goodness, she is a one horse pony. Today she equated all the Obama is trying to do for those who have lost so much in the oil spill as just "PR" spin and said Bush and Katrina handled that situation SO much better than Obama is with this spill.
    Stupidest. Equation. Ever.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

You know it's funny how when people criticized Bush it was said to be unpatriotic or unamerican and that we shouldn't protest him since we were in war. NOW, it's okay to call the president any name you want. It doesn't mean you are unamerican anymore. And so what we are still at war. No harm done. It's so silly. Someone should point that out to Elisabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3938001;
    You know it's funny how when people criticized Bush it was said to be unpatriotic or unamerican and that we shouldn't protest him since we were in war. NOW, it's okay to call the president any name you want. It doesn't mean you are unamerican anymore. And so what we are still at war. No harm done. It's so silly. Someone should point that out to Elisabeth.
    OH I believe Joy and Sherri and Whoopie have done that but Elisatwit is in her own little rose colored world.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3937849;
    Elisatwit is just a one horse shill. I thought she would have a kindred spirit with Joe S. today but even he had the What the heck look when she went off on her rant. Sherri took her down tho and really let her have it on the Katrina blurb. I wanted to yell, go baby when she was taking ms. hasslebeck to task. Why on earth that person is still allowed to have that job when she can do nothing on her own is beyond me. Oh and her clothes? YUK
    I was very pleased that Sherri stood her ground and fought to have her point of view heard.
    Elisabeth's been listening to Fox again, false equivalence is a specialty there.
    Katrina and BP are not comparable, but of course it serves the purposes of the talking heads to claim they are.

Joe Scarborough was a terrible moderator, imo.
    The cross talk was worse than ever this episode and the Hot Topics were ridiculous. Why on earth they needed to spend a good five minutes on the first topic of the other male panelist being 42 and unmarried I don't know.
    Such a waste of time.
    I thought Bryant Gumble did a very good job as moderator.
    He introduced topics in a natural way, as opposed to Whoopi's awkward and unamusing segues, kept the conversation going and let everyone have a say.
    Cross talk was at a minimum and no one dominated.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was so very proud of Sherri today. She put elisatwit in her place AND reminded the viewers of how inept that Bush was during the handling of Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3937843;
    Why does this not surprise me? I was thinking about a replacement for Elisabeth the other day. Who could they bring in that is an intelligent, well spoken, personable, Republican and female? I'm having trouble coming up with anyone. John McCain's daugher may be a little too liberal to replace Elisabeth, but I can't think of anyone else. I don't think either one of the Bush daughters are very polictically minded. Any suggestions? Maybe that's why they don't replace her. They can't come up with someone with her perspective. Just speculating.

What was the deal with Bryant Gumbel yesterday? He was so thankful to be on the show. He told them thanks about 4 times. Why is he so desperate for work? I kind of felt sorry for him. He is recovering from cancer. He does still look weak. Did he say how it was doing yesterday. I missed some of the show while preparing dinner and might have missed it.
    I know I'm biased as a Reid fan, but I think Kristen Dalton would be a good Elizabeth replacement =) they should at least give her a shot at guest co-host. I'm not sure if she's republican, although I think so. She's smart and articulate and funny, and looking for a TV gig

I would love to see them replace the entire panel. I don't think anyone's worth saving.
    They also need to replace those in charge too as I don't think it matters who's on the panel if the same lack of research and preparation, laziness and rudeness to guests is still tolerated.

I'd love to see actual journalists on the panel or at the very least women with a strong broadcasting background as opposed to three comedians and someone who lucked her way into fourth on a reality show.
    Meghan McCain has done pretty well when she's guest co-hosted, but she's far too moderate and reasonable for Geddie's taste, which is why we more often get subjected to E.D. "terrorist fist job" Hill.

The show needs a young person. A twenty-something, childless, singleton would be perfect, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread