+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Elisabeth was perfectly ok with Trump when he came on the show with his trophy wife hawking her costume jewelry and he called her the dumbest person on tv, so I'm not sure why she behaved this way with Kathy.

Whoopi quite often shows a distinct lack of interest in the guests. She rarely asks questions and looks like she's bored quite often.
    Elisabeth was yawning and stretching, trying to act disinterested but was quite clearly seething about something.
    Kathy apparently called her a moron the other day, I guess that might be it.
    Perhaps Elisabeth thinks Kathy should have to apologise to her like Elisabeth had to apologise to Erin Andrews (even though I still don't consider that to be an apology).
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well I was surprised to see Kathy on the show at all, she spent much of the past year saying she was banned again.

Maybe she was invited back by majority vote, with Hasselbutt being the sole "nay".
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Oh I was giddy with glee when Kathy challenged Elizabeth's snide remarks and put her in her place by telling her to "bring it". Elizabeth shut right up after that one - had nothing at all to say. I think she realized she bit off more than she could chew getting all up in Kathy's face. After all, Kathy is a comedian and the queen of verbal comebacks and could have embarrassed Elizabeth terribly had she chosen to do so. Instead, her brief comment to Elizabeth to "bring it" was all that was needed to essentially make Elizabeth back down and shut up in the process.

I noticed that Elizabeth barely opened her mouth the whole time Kathy was there, other than, of course to make her snide remarks. Other than that, she squirmed in her seat, looking bored out of her skull. She seemed combative right from the moment all of them came out and sat at the table at the very beginning of the show. Wonder who pi$$ed in her Cherrios yesterday morning?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

she was very combative from the opening to the closing. I am NOT even watching it today to see her bag on the president and the speech.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wasn't it Elisabeth who told Kathy to "bring it"? For some reason, I thought it was and Kathy, as an invited guest who had her troubles with that show before, decided to keep her further comments to herself. I thought that Kathy was well-behaved yesterday, but she could have wreaked havok on Elisabeth if she wanted to. I'm guessing we'll hear more about this from Kathy later! I'm hoping, anyway. There comes a point where you know that you can tear somebody limb-from-limb and you opt to just let it go, out of sympathy.

I'm hoping that Joy will rip Elisabeth's gizzard out at some point over these next 2 weeks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3936350;
    I'm hoping that Joy will rip Elisabeth's gizzard out at some point over these next 2 weeks.
    I'm holding out for ripping out her liver and serving it with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. Where is Hannibal Lechter when you need him? Seriously, I would have loved to see Kathy skewer Elisatwit, or for any outspoken guest to do so. I wonder if they're warned or asked not to, because I think there certainly have been many opportunities. Or maybe they figure it won't do any good so why bother?

I'm not sure if Elisabeth realizes that Kathy is more than a reality celeb. She is a comedian and actor. Didn't she used to play on Suddenly Susan? Also, did you see her on Law and Order? Good job!

Elisabeth had a sarcastic look on her face from the beginning of the segment. The way she looked was rude, but I don't think Kathy cares. I think Kathy loves that sort of thing because it gives her material! LOL.

I'm not sure I got the joke about the president's comments being slicker than the oil spill. Why did people in the audience applaud? That was just stupid. Did Elisabeth get that tid bit from Fox news or did she make it up all by her self? Maybe Grace made it up. LOL So pathetic.

Kathy had this on her Twitter last night: "The most unlikely person just MADE MY DAY. Please tell me u saw The View today."

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3936449;
    Kathy had this on her Twitter last night: "The most unlikely person just MADE MY DAY. Please tell me u saw The View today."
    This is what Elisabeth seems too dense to understand, she gave Kathy so much material with her stroppy little display yesterday.
    She probably thinks she struck a blow for people who've been hurt by Kathy's remarks, but all she really succeeded in doing was making a fool of herself yet again.
    She just never seems to play it right.
    Whatever you think of a guest it's just blatantly rude to call them a liar and say they aren't funny.
    I have no idea why tptb think this sort of behaviour is ok.
    As much as I despise Glenn Beck this is very similar to the way he was treated on the show by Babs and Whoopi.
    Just flat out rude to an invited guest.

Now, next week she'll be moderating. IMO, the best thing she could possibly do is be fair, even-handed and let everyone have a chance to speak.
    She's a one-trick pony and could use the chance to moderate to show she's capable of anchoring a show and is able to behave in a professional manner.
    I would think the likelihood of that is nil.
    She should do the opposite of what everyone expects her to do.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread