+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3933014;
    Umm-hmm. Exactly. She has no idea how hard it is to be a REAL working mother. Though not a mother myself, I have friends who struggle from week to week, single moms especially, working full time jobs, coming home taking care of children plus all the other duties required of them around the house, and they sure as hell 'ain't bringing home the money Elizabeth does. So Elizabeth can cry me a damned river - she has no idea what it is like to struggle to support a family, yet seemingly see no light at the end of the tunnel.
    Plus, 99.99% of working moms don't have bosses who tell them it's fine to take the day off because your kid wants you to stay home! Elisatwit just doesn't get it ... and by "it," I mean anything!

I thought it was funny today when Betty White said she doesn't like reality shows, and how real can the hardships be of contestants stuck on an island when cameramen and other staff are all around? I was watching Elisatwit's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3933297;
    Plus, 99.99% of working moms don't have bosses who tell them it's fine to take the day off because your kid wants you to stay home! Elisatwit just doesn't get it ... and by "it," I mean anything!

I thought it was funny today when Betty White said she doesn't like reality shows, and how real can the hardships be of contestants stuck on an island when cameramen and other staff are all around? I was watching Elisatwit's face.

I actually had to give Elisabeth credit for containing herself when Ms. White made that comment. It must have been hard for her.

I kind of wondered why we hardly ever see game shows in primetime anymore as they did dominate the networks for quite a while.
    Glad to see that Ms. White explained that.

What a delightful woman she is, huh?
    And, I'm going to check out that new show she'll be on. Looks like a really good cast of funny ladies.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved, loved, loved 'SuperPassword'! Loved the old PassWord. Loved Betty White!!

Won't miss Whoopi's braids hanging in her face while she's gone. I don't know how she stands it. Always have an urge to grab a pair of scissors.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What was Betty's explanation of the demise of primetime game shows? Just curious!

She tried to say, in a euphemistic way, that the targeted viewers just couldn't keep up with them.

I so wanted to slap Elisatwits mouth today. They would ask questions of Ms. Betty and Elisatwit wouldn't shut up long enough to let her answer.

Lucky you are SO right about bosses. I have to take Chemo every 6 weeks and even tho I leave work one hour early, it costs me 1/2 a day and about 100 bucks of a paycheck on TOP of the co=pay

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3933631;
    I so wanted to slap Elisatwits mouth today. They would ask questions of Ms. Betty and Elisatwit wouldn't shut up long enough to let her answer.

Lucky you are SO right about bosses. I have to take Chemo every 6 weeks and even tho I leave work one hour early, it costs me 1/2 a day and about 100 bucks of a paycheck on TOP of the co=pay
    So sorry to hear you need chemo, tapper. Hope you are are completely recovered and healthy very soon! It's lousy that you have to lose pay, too! Get well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3934011;
    So sorry to hear you need chemo, tapper. Hope you are are completely recovered and healthy very soon! It's lousy that you have to lose pay, too! Get well.
    Thank you.

Guess I was tired when I posted as I meant to link my story to Elisatwit and how fortunate she is and doesn't even realize it. It GALLS me when she complains about being a "working mom" and how "hard" she has it. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3933631;

Tapper,

I am so glad to hear that you're OK.
    I know taking Chemo is rough.
    Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3934102;
    Tapper,

I am so glad to hear that you're OK.
    I know taking Chemo is rough.
    Take care.
    thank you.

Please pray for me if you pray, I could be losing part of my colon by this time next year. Depends on how I progress. Right now it isn't that great

+ Reply to Thread