+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I haven't seen the show yet, but Vander Slooth has previously given several "confessions or versions" of what he says happened to Natalie over the last couple of years. Maybe that was what Joy was talking about. He said he sold Natialie into white slavery and he also said she passed out and he threw her overboard without knowing if she was still alive.

Joy is the only one who dosen't wear a wire so they can't let her know in her ear if she is getting it wrong.

Do you recall that day that some staff person brought a note in to Joy and handed it to her? They made a todo about it, but never explained what it was about. That ticked me off.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Slightly off topic, but for those of you interested in the case (Holloway,etc.) there's a thread under the current events forum that discusses it. Lurkers, you can't see it--you have to be registered I think.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3927769;
    I thought he did confess, not to authorities of course, but on the hidden camera in the car being driven by his friend.
    IIRC it was at that time he said her body would never be found and the friend asked if that was because she was in the ocean and Van Der Sloot said it was.
    I may be entirely wrong about all of that though

Even so, I think Joy might have been mistaken and meant that he confessed to killing Stephany, not Natalee.

So, what did we all think of Elisabeth's fashions today?
    Over-priced imo.
    I don't mind paying a lot for good quality clothing, but $43.50 for a sleeveless gingham blouse that looked to be of poor quality fabric is over-priced, imo.
    Didn't like the maxi dress when Elisabeth wore it and didn't like it on either of the models really.
    If you did like anything I'd hold off on making a purchase.
    I've heard her stuff is always discounted, usually not too long after the debut on QVC.
    THanks. I remember he had confessed and / or told a lot of different stories way back when.
    No, Joy seemed to be mixing up Van der Sloot's confession about the current woman with that of Natalee.
    I like Joy but she does tend to get as carried away with her point sometimes as Elisabeth does.
    Well, actually, I think they all get overly carried away these days.

I wasn't impressed with Elisabeth's fashions. I did like, though, that they used other than very slim models to display the fashions. There were mostly plus sized women, it seemed. I like when they can show both sides. That was a plus.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Van der Sloot also tried to get about $250,000 out of Natalee's stepfather (?) to tell where Natalee's body was, didn't he? I think that was a big part of what Joy was talking about, also, because she also mentioned it on her show last night.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was amused yesterday by what Whoopi and Joan Rivers said. Whoopi was out of work a few years ago and had nothing going on until The View offered her a job. I must admit that I thought it was odd Whoopi took the position. I had no idea she was out of work. I guess you never know.

Joan Rivers is also quite odd in that way. I know she says she loves to work, but why be so obsessed? Why would a lady in her late 70's be so desperate to work? Sounds a lot like Barbara W.

I know that I will probably have to work until I'm in my 70's, but these women have lots of money. Why not just goof off? They have earned the right to not push so hard. They could spend time with family and friends, volunteer at the favorite charity, sleep late, travel, etc. Man, why are they working so hard? I don't get it.

After I posted this message, I remembered the mother of one of my friends. She was also in her late 70's and resided in a retirment home. She had poor health and leg issues that confined her to bed and a wheel chair, however, every time I went to visit, she would tell me that she needed a job and if I knew anyone who was hiring. I would say no, but I would keep my ears open. I asked what type of work she did and she said she answered the phone and did some filing. I think she might have been trying to still look forward to something.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-09-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Working is less offensive after you have learned to appreciate it by being out of work after a lifetime of having a routine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3928932;
    IJoan Rivers is also quite odd in that way. I know she says she loves to work, but why be so obsessed? Why would a lady in her late 70's be so desperate to work?
    I suspect she wants to be "wanted", and enjoys being the center of attention/in the limelight. apparently it's "tough" living a regular life and NOT being on stage. ha...but sad. and then she and daughter melissa had to think of some silly "scheme" in order to create a reality tv show for themselves. but...it got green lighted.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3929293;
    I suspect she wants to be "wanted", and enjoys being the center of attention/in the limelight. apparently it's "tough" living a regular life and NOT being on stage. ha...but sad. and then she and daughter melissa had to think of some silly "scheme" in order to create a reality tv show for themselves. but...it got green lighted.
    What is the scheme, and what's the show going to be about? I didn't watch The View this week. Melissa is lucky she has a mom who can help her make a living.

Unfortunately the posts from today were lost when tv guide swithced servers.
    On the plus side the site is lightning fast now

Geddie is really making the most of Babs not being here, imo.
    Elisabeth is revelling in the fact she's untouchable.
    As soon as anyone tries to respond to one of her rants or point out her hypocrisy they magically have to go to break.
    Whoopi was visibly angry about it the other day as she was cut off after having had to listen to Elisabeth spout off.

I said in one of my missing posts that I really wish they'd use their own network as a source for Hot Topics research instead of obviously tapping into Fox.
    They're so far behind the news all the time only just mentioning the use of hay to soak up the oil, which has been shown to come along with serious drawbacks.
    Elisabeth also screeched about Kevin Costner's centrifuge, which failed initial testing.
    That information is available at ABC.

She also bitched about the President playing golf instead of, I dunno, physically laying across the pipe to prevent further oil spilling.
    When President Bush was in office and his many, many holidays were mentioned she used to defend his need to get away from the stress of being President, yet claim, because she'd know, that he was always in touch with White House staff, knew everything that was going on, was making the necessary decisions, etc.etc. President Obama spends a few hours playing golf and she acts as though he's gone out for a fortnight and left the maid in charge of the country.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

I heard Elizatwit tisk-tisking Obama for playing golf. I wish I could remember how many months Bush spent at his ranch clearing bush...

I simply cannot stand that woman. I'm watching the show more because I'm on vacation. Wish Elizatwit would take a week off also from the show. At least Bawa is not there name-dropping. I hope she will enjoy her absence so much that she'll make it permanent.

Like Helen Thomas, Bawa has also stayed way, way too long in the public eye and needs to retire. It's sad to refuse to leave until people say thank GOD she finally went.

+ Reply to Thread