+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

So true Fluff, but it was SO nice to not have that twit there today Christianne was awesome today

FORT Fanatic

I taped yesterday's show because I wanted to hear Kristin Chenowith sing. What a delight - both Bawa and Elizatwit off. That's my idea of heaven.

I saw on GMA that The View will have a non-celeb person co-hosting today. She won some kind of contest in which your dream comes true. Hers was to co-host The View. Yeah, I know, that's pretty sad, but to each his own. LOL. The lady was plenty excited. I'm recording and will watch later.

Today Elisabeth said she was gone yesterday because her daughter wanted her at field day and she wasn't going to attend it, but she was guilted by her Gracie and that Bill is the best boss because she called him crying and he told her to take the day off.

FIRST Of all no REAL jobs work that way and the fact that she thinks she is a working mom is a JOKE. She should try a REAL job, not one where she get talking points and gets to scream bs all day.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The guest host fit right in with the panel. She was very relaxed. Good for her, getting to do something she wanted to experience.

Russell Brand.............and blech!!! I can't believe that somebody wants to marry him (Katy Perry); a little of him would go a super-long way.

And he, seriously, looked like he needed a shampoo and bath!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He always looks like he needs a bath. Russell Brand is just yucky. I can't believe anyone would want to marry him, either.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I find Russell to be very interesting (for entertainment, comedy). He's rather intelligent and sharp-witted, and has charisma in spite of the yuck factor.

He'd be fun to have lunch and conversation with, MAYBE a quick friendly hug, too.

I won't tune in (as in record to watch) to this show unless there's ever again an extremely compelling guest or co-host, because I can't even tolerate Whoopi anymore (she used to be the only saving grace of the current lineup).

These 5 women give women a very bad name. Bring back Meredith and Lisa, please? And I'm quite sure that there are other intelligent women with name recognition. I guess it's just that they won't stoop to work with the show's current concept and PTB?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I think that Russell can be witty and amusing, but only when he isn't trying so hard. I have seen him on some talk shows and he isn't trying so hard and I thought he was funny, however, I didn't enjoy his appearance on The View. I don't think he understands that it isn't funny to act as if you have the right to insist on having sex with someone and that it is your complete decision whether you do or not.

The last time I saw that kind of body lanuage was when Thomas Jane who stars in HBO's Hung appeared. He was really obnoxious and I have not liked him since.

I also think the entire panel on the show needs to read a little more. Joy reads more than the others IMO, but still they don't seem to know much about lots of things. They rely on going in the morning and having the staff of the show spoon feed them stories and provide them background information on guests. I think they are spending too much time on that and not really reading about current events in a general way. They know only what the staff feeds them and no other information. VERY often, I know more about a topic than anyone does on the panel, including Barbara. That's not good.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-06-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3925223;
    I think that Russell can be witty and amusing, but only when he isn't trying so hard. I have seen him on some talk shows and he isn't trying so hard and I thought he was funny, however, I didn't enjoy his appearance on The View. I don't think he understands that it isn't funny to act as if you have the right to insist on having sex with someone and that it is your complete decision whether you do or not.

The last time I saw that kind of body lanuage was when Thomas Jane who stars in HBO's Hung appeared. He was really obnoxious and I have not liked him since.
    I didn't see his View appearance and ditto, Thomas Jane (never heard of him).

I'd have to hear what Russell said and decide whether it's offensive (but it sure seems to be). Some people say things just for the shock value; there's been a few classic comedians that did such.

When his movie becomes available for free, I may watch it. Although the previews made it be in the category of "skip it".
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was just glad that I don't have "smell-a-vision". I wouldn't even be interested if knowing if his appearance really foretold his odor!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread