+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1626Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Oh goodness The twit Elisabeth is worried that the Gore's split after 40 years is going to ruin her 8 year marriage

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3921094;
    Oh goodness The twit Elisabeth is worried that the Gore's split after 40 years is going to ruin her 8 year marriage
    Yes, interesting. Does every divorce she hears about make her worry? Plus, Elisatwit was at her screeching motor-mouth best today over the Palin
    situation. I was kind of hoping Mario Cantone would make fun of her and shut her up. Joy seemed to go silent pretty fast, though. Wonder why. I had to turn off the show because the twit's shrillness was giving me a migraine.

I haven't seen the show yet. I'll watch later tonight.

I have always noticed how sensitive Elisabeth is over her husband and her marriage. Maybe she has gotten insecure recently. I recall how she used to brag about how Tim never thought about another woman. Remember how she bragged that Tim refused to look at photos of naked women in his locker room when he played ball, even when his teammates pushed it on him? She said he refused to do it out of respect for her. And that she trusted him because he didn't need to look at them. Really.

Later on she talked about how insecure it made her feel at the thought of Tim looking at naked women in a magazine. That he would compare it to her and she could not compete with these models with perfect bodies. I never understoond any of that and never thought Tim was avoiding seeing photos of naked women. I guess he convinced her of that to calm her down. Over the years he seems that she has become more insecure about her marriage and her role as a parent. Recall she was afraid to tell her daughter she accidently knocked their vegetable plants over? What? I don't get it.

She's got a cute figure, so I don't know why she would be so intimidated by her husband seeing a naked woman in a magazine. I never got that.

She tries to turn everything around to herself. When they had the first female rear admiral in the audience on Memorial day they mentioned how
    many people on how many ships she was in charge of and Elisabeth said, "I thought being a mum of three was hard...".
    Yes, it must be terrible to work less than 20 hours a week at a highly overpaid job, have a husband who works part-time and two nannies. However does she manage?

She was unbearable today on the topic of the author who's moved next door to the Palin's. Sherri was shouting, but at least trying to make a point in response to Joy. Elisabeth was gesticulating and literally shouting "oh he's an author, he's so clever...".
    Joy gave up trying to respond. There's no way she could be heard over dumb and dumber.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3921168;
    She tries to turn everything around to herself. When they had the first female rear admiral in the audience on Memorial day they mentioned how
    many people on how many ships she was in charge of and Elisabeth said, "I thought being a mum of three was hard...".
    Yes, it must be terrible to work less than 20 hours a week at a highly overpaid job, have a husband who works part-time and two nannies. However does she manage?

She was unbearable today on the topic of the author who's moved next door to the Palin's. Sherri was shouting, but at least trying to make a point in response to Joy. Elisabeth was gesticulating and literally shouting "oh he's an author, he's so clever...".
    Joy gave up trying to respond. There's no way she could be heard over dumb and dumber
    I wonder if Joy will remain on The View much longer. Don't know how much time she has left on her contract. Now that she has her own show and it seems to be taking off, why waste her energy trying to out-shout dumb, dumber, Babs "mistress of the obvious" Walters, the mostly worthless occasional guest hosts, and Whoopi who rarely makes any use of her talent on this show. Joy doesn't seem to be putting too much energy into it anymore and can save her best stuff for her own show where she can express herself and be heard. There are two other comedians on The View, although neither of them are very funny, and I sort of get the feeling Joy would just as soon be out of there before long, unless she needs the money or is concerned her show might not make it for the long haul.

I doubt that Joy would leave The View because she gets lots of free advertising for her night show there. She also gets lots of guest from The View. I have noticed that often the guest will come onto her show right after they do The View. I think her show might suffer if she lost that access to stars.

I think Joy has gotten more witty since she got her own show. Not sure what it is, but she seems to be happier.

Can someone help me recall who the man was that wanted to date Joy last year. She blew it off as a business luncheon or something, but admitted her boyfriend got jealous. He was a celeb for some reason, but I can't recall his name. Who was it?

I think Joy will stay as long as the show remains on the air. It's money for old rope.

I think her HLN show gets better guests than The View.
    She does get a lot of crossovers, but she also seems to book some names that The View misses out on.

I thought it was entirely appropriate for her to try to stop Elisabeth going off on a partisan rant about Government providing services that she thinks should be left to free enterprise.
    As someone who was born and spent most of my life in a country with universal healthcare and now lives in another with it, I can atest that while neither system is perfect there really is nothing to fear from universal healthcare.
    Elisabeth simply does not want other people to have access to the same healthcare she does.
    She's a snob, who traded on her father in law's name to get every job she's ever had (as did Tim), who wants the government to step into issues she thinks are important, but stay out of things she doesn't.

Sherri has become worse and worse for loudly shouting over people and interupting as soon as she hears something she disagrees with.
    Elisabeth continually renders most discussions of Sarah Palin useless because she won't let others talk.
    I'm sure she got lots of brownie points from Geddie for her peformance today. He briefs her daily before the show apaprently, only her, and he was likely very pleased that she shouted opposing opinions down.
    The show is unwatchable most days due to the crappy content and amateurish performances of the co-hosts, today it was unwatchable because you really couldn't hear anything during that segment.
    Protection of Palin the demagogue is more important than watchable tv apaprently.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff, I so agree with your points. Elisabeth is just so out there. She does not live in reality and that is obvious when she goes off on a rant and sounds so ignorant.

I wish Joy would have shut her down in the palin discussion today, but I think she just thought, "what is the point" and let the twit just go on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3921450;
    Fluff, I so agree with your points. Elisabeth is just so out there. She does not live in reality and that is obvious when she goes off on a rant and sounds so ignorant.

I wish Joy would have shut her down in the palin discussion today, but I think she just thought, "what is the point" and let the twit just go on and on.
    I like recording and watching later. This way I can fast forward through all the parts I don't care for. It's difficult for me to watch it live because I can't stand to watch something that I can't stand! LOL. This way I can fast forward through Elisabeth, Whoopi's Valley Girl and when they are are shouting and I can't understand anyone too.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3921450;

I think that's exactly what Joy thinks. Why even bother taking her on?
    She can't converse like and adult. It's all about her team and her winning an argument and if she has to behave like a kindergartner to do it she's quite willing to do so.
    If I was Joy I probably wouldn't bother either.
    There's no point trying to converse with someone whose debating tactics are akin to putting her fingers in her ears and saying "la la la, I can't hear you..."
    She had the day off yet again today.

Sherri's become equally unbearable to me.
    She was out of control today. She's so loud and doesn't shut up so anyone can say anything and when someone does get the floor she'll just bellow over the top of them when they're a few words into their thoughts.
    She seems to have adopted Elisabeth's line of "thinking" that the louder you are the more right you must be.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread