+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 1121 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778798081828384858687881281785781078 ... LastLast
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I'm not keen on Mo'Nique and would prefer that she wasn't invited back.
    I agree, she is okay in small doses but I wouldn't want to see her everyday. Barbara is going nuts, she doesn't need to be on the show regularly either - stop touching the guest host's hair and asking if it's real (?!) I don't remember her doing that to Star. Barbara needs to stick to specials and occassionally participating on the show.....man do I miss Meredith!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Yep, I never noticed how Meredith was actually the glue that held that show together. I wouldn't doubt that it will be gone by Christmas, or spring, at the latest. Mo'Nique could cause me to never watch again. I liked Robin Givens the other day.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I wish that the woman who Barbara had her hands all in her hair had slapped Barbara's hand away. That was completely rude and inappropriate.

I thought Robin was as vacuous as Barbara is. I couldn't take too much of her nor Mo'Nique.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't see who was on when Barbara did the hair thing. Who was it?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    It was a lovely black woman whom, I think, is on some kind of entertainment news show. I'd recognize her name if I heard it. She was asking the woman if her hair was real and how she got it that way.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That is very rude. My hair is only about an inch long and impossible to mess up, but I still can't stand for anyone to mess with it. It has always driven me crazy. I wish the woman had asked her to stop.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It was a lovely black woman whom, I think, is on some kind of entertainment news show. I'd recognize her name if I heard it. She was asking the woman if her hair was real and how she got it that way.
    I remember last month Brandy was one of the guest hosts on the show not long after the Star Jones fiasco and during the hot topcis segment Barbara had the audacity to ask Brandy if that was her real hair. What? Has this tv broadcasting "matriarch" have no shame???? You NEVER ask these types of questions in this type of format, if at all, 'cause it ain't none of your damn business! It is akin to asking a woman if her breasts are real. I remember Brandy just looked at Barbara, shocked, choosing not to answer the question and changed the subject. Too bad Brandy couldn't have retorted with, "Are you wearing depends?" or, "Are those your real teeth?" to see how Ms. Babawawa would have felt about that. If I recall correctly Barbara's question had absolutely nothing to do with the current discussion at hand anyway. I was appalled that this supposedly "classy" woman would have the gall to ask such a question on tv. Has she no class at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I didn't see who was on when Barbara did the hair thing. Who was it?

Her name is Taneka Ray from Extra TV

Barbara actually told Drippy Lis off this morning.
    I was highly amused.
    They were talking about Plan B and Lisa Loeb politely expressed that she thought Lis's opinions were extreme.
    They managed to chat for a few more minutes until it became obvious that there are some holes in Lis's arguments.
    She then proceeded to get very blustery and loud like she always does and Barbara told her that they need to be able to discuss these things without "exploding".
    Lis looked as if she was about to cry and countered that "I wasn't the only one talking, Joy was talking too".
    That has to be about the lamest thing she's ever said on the show.
    It was really quite pathetic and the first time I've seen Barbara do anything other than heap praise on Lis.

I loved at the commercial break where Elizabeth tore her card in half. I think she needs to learn some skills in conversation debate or she's going to be gone. She was over the top today.

Shannon Dauroty (sp) looks tired and puffy. Like she's been on a week long binge or is going through menopause and can't sleep .

Now the funniest thing about today's program. After the big Plan B argument and blow up, the commercial here was for Pam and I kid you not, it started with "keep your eggs from sticking".

+ Reply to Thread