+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: The View

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3905579;
    "It was a beautiful moment, sports fans....Behar caused Hasselbeck to vaporlock!"

Palin was being discussed, and they were talking about what she said about all people should be Arizonans right now, and that President Obama needed to secure the borders....and then Joy made the comment that Palin had issues with immigrants, but that at least, they finished the job!!!. You could have heard a pin drop in that studio, until a slow rumble of "Oooooohs!" began in the audience; Elisabeth looked stunned and was totally silent; the guest host started to chuckle (and it didn't look like an uncomfortable chuckle...more like an entertained chuckle). Joy gave Elisabeth a dead-on stare; Whoopi said, "Ummm-hmmmm....", and then Joy added an, "Ummm-hmmmm...." and added an eye roll!!! (You could hear Whoopi's eye roll, implied in her response!).

Miss Shay yelled, "Whoa!!!!" , and played it over and over again!!!

It was a beautiful moment, sports fans.

Wonder if we'll see that on FOX tonight???
    I'm sorry, but I didn't see this and I totally don't understand what happened. Was Joy implying that immigrants finish their work unlike Palin quitting her Gov. job? Or what? Maybe I'm missing who the "they" are. I'd love to share in the joy of stunning EH if I could only understand!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You totally got it right! And it is totally worth seeing!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3905918;
    I haven't heard the entire story, but saw a headline that Whoopi tries to defend the Single Ladies dance of the little girls You Tube routine. If that is really true, I don't think I can stomach it. Sometimes I think she defends something to cause controversey. I hope the statement was misleading.
    That was pretty much the gist of it.
    The girls, who were apparently around seven years old, were dressed in skimpy costumes and copying many of the moves from the Single Ladies video.
    Whoopi argument was, well I don't really know what her argument was, that the person who released the video of the performance was at fault.
    I don't really follow her logic, rarely do, but the fact that the video was filmed and then made public doesn't alter the fact that the costumes were worn and the dance moves were performed. All it alters is how many people got to see the performance.
    If you don't agree that girls should be wiggling and thrusting in skimpy outfits then it doesn't matter if fifty people in the audience saw it or millons on youtube or tv.

I find it irritating when people disagree with her she keeps on making the same point as if they just don't understand her.
    Joy understood what she was saying today, but didn't agree, neither did Elisabeth who also understood her perfectly well.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My question about the children's performance is, "WHO choreographed this?" and "WHAT were they thinking?". Allowed Idiocy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3906002;
    My question about the children's performance is, "WHO choreographed this?" and "WHAT were they thinking?". Allowed Idiocy.
    My thoughts exactly. THere's a separate thread on this video issue on these boards. Apparently, there are some people who saw no harm in it! I know it's shocking. The fact that anyone would allow, condon, promote, or defend that kind of performance and dress by a child, boggles the mind. I think it's so extreme that I would expect an official investigation by DSS, not a prize for excellent dancing.

Getting back to Whoopi. I fast forwarded through Monday's episode because I didn't want to be annoyed last night. I really like Whoopi, but find that I hardly agree with much of what she says. I know she's a smart lady, but I don't think she thinks many things through. Based on what she has said about kids many times before, I can't imagine any scenerio of events that would cause Whoopi to think it was inappropriate. I don't think the word "inappropriate" is in her vocabulary. I consider myself a liberal and free minded and all that, but come on. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3906530;
    My thoughts exactly. THere's a separate thread on this video issue on these boards. Apparently, there are some people who saw no harm in it! I know it's shocking. The fact that anyone would allow, condon, promote, or defend that kind of performance and dress by a child, boggles the mind. I think it's so extreme that I would expect an official investigation by DSS, not a prize for excellent dancing.
    I finally watched a youtube of the whole performance and the girls are good dancers, which has rather been lost amid the discussion of the appropriateness, or lack thereof, of the dance and costumes in the first place.

I don't particularly want to see Beyonce grinding her crotch at the camera in her skimpy leotard in the video, seeing seven year olds do it is even less appealing to me. I wanted to watch the whole thing to see if The View had just picked out the worst part to show.

It's a shame to me that people are so casual about acceptance of something like this. It's "just how kids are today" apparently.
    If you raise an objection you stand a good chance of either outright being labelled a prude or someone will suggest that the only issue is with the person watching the video, not with the performance or costumes.

Tim was pretty useless on the show today as Bryant was yesterday and as I suspect Andre Leon Talley, Sherri's buddy "Bone" and Mario Cantone will be.
    It's a silly gimmick.
    They spent far too much time in Hot Topics putting forward scenarios for Tim and Elisabeth to discuss which we already know the answers to.
    Yes, both would have an issue with the other having a close friend of the opposite sex. No big revelation there.

Elisabeth is going to get her funky looking roots fixed later this week though.
    So I guess we did learn something.
    "That's Numberwang!"

One of the Hot Topics provided a few sparks today.

They were discussing a couple who had a pact that, should the woman become pregnant before they were married, she'd have a termination.
    Apparently she did become pregnant once and did terminate. But, she became pregnant again, decided not to terminate and is now suing the man for child support.

Whoopi got pretty steaming mad claiming the woman should not sue and Sherri and Elisabeth took the opposite view that the child was the responsibility of both of them and both should make financial contributions to "its" (can't recall if they said the child was male or female) upbringing.

They didn't appear to have enough of the facts of the story to come out so vehemently on either side, imo.
    That's nothing new with these clowns though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I listened to that argument. Apparently, Whoopi doesn't know that vasectomies are the simpler surgeries, and tend to be reversible. Why that guy didn't get the "snip", if he was serious about not wanting children, I will never know. Wonder if he even looked into it. Evidently, neither of the couple were truly serious about not wanting a pregnancy, but I do think that the woman lived up to her part of the deal by terminating the pregnancy. It would have made more sense to never have gotten married, or to have dissolved the marriage when it became obvious they were in terminal disagreement over a baby. None of their story makes much sense.

I heard that Hot Topic today, too, and I thought they were missing all the facts. They were going into total screech mode - never a good sign.
    I don't watch ANTM, but I'm pretty familiar with Vogue. I was kind of surprised to find out that Andre is very close with Whoopi. Can he not get her to dress up a bit? I fully understand that she's not a fashion plate and doesn't care to be, but I've seen homeless people dress a lot better than she does.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3908387;
    I heard that Hot Topic today, too, and I thought they were missing all the facts. They were going into total screech mode - never a good sign.
    I don't watch ANTM, but I'm pretty familiar with Vogue. I was kind of surprised to find out that Andre is very close with Whoopi. Can he not get her to dress up a bit? I fully understand that she's not a fashion plate and doesn't care to be, but I've seen homeless people dress a lot better than she does.
    Are you kidding? Whoopi is dressing better than she ever has! She has come light years from what she used to wear. I'm not kidding. LOL

+ Reply to Thread