+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

This morning, Whoopi brought up something re Obama and what critics are saying re a certain topic. Bitsy was the first one to jump in with "I have to agree with them [the critics] on this point". SHOCKER...Bitsy agrees with Obama critics?

Not even FoxNews will back up the blonde vacuum.

Although Elisabeth Hasselbeck indicated that she called Erin Andrews during her tearful apology on The View last week, Andrews says they never actually spoke.

"I didn't speak with her, no," Andrews, 32, told Us. "I never talked to her."

During her on-air mea culpa, The View co-host said she promised her daughter that she "would use my words more mindfully," after she chided the ESPN reporter for her skimpy Dancing with the Stars costumes and made reference to her stalker.

The next day, Hasselbeck said she was sorry and had taken her daughter's advice to call Andrews and apologize.
    FOXNews.com - Erin Andrews: I Never Talked to Elisabeth Hasselbeck
    Down the middle drops one more grain of sand.
    They say that new life makes losing life easier to understand.
    Words are kind, they helped ease the mind. I'll miss my old friend.
    And though you gotta go, we'll keep a piece of your soul.
    One goes out, One comes in.

Didn't watch today's show, did EH say anything about Erin saying she never called her as EH said she did last week?

I didn't watch the show today, but I did see an interview with Erin and Maks. Erin said that EH had, in fact, called her and left a message when she couldn't reach her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I like Whoopi, but am getting tired of her shtick during product segments when she comes trudging out of the wings, silently grabs an item, and walks away with it. I'm sure the hosts can get whatever featured products they want without repeatedly engaging in that routine of hers on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3903135;
    I like Whoopi, but am getting tired of her shtick during product segments when she comes trudging out of the wings, silently grabs an item, and walks away with it. I'm sure the hosts can get whatever featured products they want without repeatedly engaging in that routine of hers on camera.

I know what you mean. Does she do that on her own or is it scripted? It kind of annoys me too. I don't understand the need to do it.

I also like Whoopi, but I don't enjoy her valley girl impression. I am so over it. I don't think she does it well and it is soooo old. I really wish she would retire the valley girl routine.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"It was a beautiful moment, sports fans....Behar caused Hasselbeck to vaporlock!"

Palin was being discussed, and they were talking about what she said about all people should be Arizonans right now, and that President Obama needed to secure the borders....and then Joy made the comment that Palin had issues with immigrants, but that at least, they finished the job!!!. You could have heard a pin drop in that studio, until a slow rumble of "Oooooohs!" began in the audience; Elisabeth looked stunned and was totally silent; the guest host started to chuckle (and it didn't look like an uncomfortable chuckle...more like an entertained chuckle). Joy gave Elisabeth a dead-on stare; Whoopi said, "Ummm-hmmmm....", and then Joy added an, "Ummm-hmmmm...." and added an eye roll!!! (You could hear Whoopi's eye roll, implied in her response!).

Miss Shay yelled, "Whoa!!!!" , and played it over and over again!!!

It was a beautiful moment, sports fans.

Wonder if we'll see that on FOX tonight???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for the rundown. I'll check it out this evening.

I did accidently catch some footage of Palen this weekend giving a speech about the Arizona matter. The bits I caught were so childish. She sounded like some kid taunting another over sand in the sand box. Very juvenile. It amazes me she gets $100,000.00 to make her appearance. I guess she has to give them their money's worth. LOL.

FORT Fanatic

i too concur with irritation re whoopi's shtick of stealing products. also agree she needs to quit with the valley girl talk. how about adding: when introducing a new topic that she thinks is silly, she laughs so hard, that she's unable to speak? she did it again today.

I haven't heard the entire story, but saw a headline that Whoopi tries to defend the Single Ladies dance of the little girls You Tube routine. If that is really true, I don't think I can stomach it. Sometimes I think she defends something to cause controversey. I hope the statement was misleading.

I have noticed over time that she has made some rather bizarre comments about children. For example, she has talked about how she curses around her grandkids and teaches them to curse. She has also made comments about allowing kids to travel alone at young ages. I just gather that Whoopi has very few if any boundaries regarding kids, like they could basically do what they want and she would not intervene. Although she talks about how her mom was very strict with her. She seems to not believe in any rules.

I really like Whoopi, but I rarely share her views on child rearing.

+ Reply to Thread