+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I watched her apology on Youtube. I find the way she talks about her daughter to be very strange. It's like she's not used to being around kids. If she really did make her daughter sit down, read a devotional with her, listen to her promise her to use her words "more mindfully", that kid must have thought she (the kid) was being punished. I have a hard time believing a 5-year-old kid would be that engrossed in her mother's emotional distress when it doesn't even involve her - and it would be unhealthy if she was.

I also watched her original comment, and she had this happy little smirk as she was leading up to the joke. It wasn't a misspeak, it was a deliberate cheap shot and she should be ashamed of herself.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3895042;
    would that be do as I say not as I do?
    Not really. Someone who has been there is a great spokesperson for preventing teen pregnancy. Someone who can talk to the girls from their level about what it really entails. Teenagers tend not to listen to grown ups because "we just don't understand"
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

dagwood, I would agree if it were someone that lived life like the rest of us. Not someone who gets to flit around the country on others dimes. She would not have credibility to me telling me how "rough" being a single mom is she really does not know how rough it really is. She has all the help she will ever need. My family on the other hand, had I become pregnant out of wed lock, would have disowned me and I really would have been a true single mom

I just watched Elisabeth's tirade toward Erin and the 'apology' as well. Prior to this, I was going on quoted news stories which are accurate but actually seeing the footage is another whole realm of weirdness. Elisabeth actually has a moral tone toward Erin when she is suggesting that Erin's perpetrator should have just waited for the peep show -- It's not just a horribly bad joke gone very wrong which I thought was the only conceivable contextual possibility prior to watching it.

And, of course, this is a moral issue but the one who is in the wrong, morally and criminally, is the perpertrator that stalked Erin. Not Erin.

Then, the 'apology' really is all about Elisabeth and her daughter who just turned all of 5 who is Dr. Phil, Buddha and Yoda all rolled into one, apparently. And Elisabeth's tears do seem to be for herself as she seems staged as the victim in the 'apology' and her daughter the heroine. Erin is an afterthought. Truly bizarre and disturbing and I had very low expectations going in given that we are dealing with Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

ETA: And Sarah Palin's daughter is a spokesperson for abstinence, which clearly is a 'do as I say and not as I do' scenario -- since the best way to prevent pregnancy when you're sexually active is contraception. Another 'do as I say and not as I do scenario' involving Sarah Palin's grandson is that he appears to be on a government subsidized HC program according to court documents.

Also ETA: This is what Erin said about Elisabeth's comments prior to the apology. It will be interesting to see if she has anything else to say after it:

Andrews told PEOPLE after Tuesday’s DWTS results show that Hasselbeck’s remarks were “a slap in the face to victims of stalking and sexual predators.” She added: “As a mother and a woman, I’m disappointed she went there.”
    Elisabeth Hasselbeck Tearfully Apologizes to Erin Andrews - PEOPLE TV Watch
    Last edited by chrisg; 05-05-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'd be interested to see what Elizabeth's friends and supporters over at Fox News had to say about this latest Elizabeth fiasco.

Elizabeth has become an utter joke, specificially this past couple of years. And her tearful apologies don't make her look sincere, they just make her look stupid as they are nothing more than a manipulative attempt to garner public support and make herself look like the victim. The that that she was stupid enough to make such insensitive comments aboutpoor Erin, who has been through enough as it is, has me scratching my head. Honestly, if I was Elizabeth, I'd run and hide in nearest hole I could find and stay there out of sheer embarassment at the way she has conducted herself over this past few years. She will forever be considered a punchline and nothing more.

Ironic, too, that it's always seems to be women cutting other women down. Sad, really.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't think Fox has been too interested in Elisabeth since the last general election.
    She often used to mention watching Hannity, but I don't recall her doing so for quite some time and if she's been a guest on any Fox shows lately they haen't mentioned it, which they always used to do.
    She served her purpose during the run-up to the election, and her supposed friends as Fox might come calling so she can parrot their views to the ABC audience come election time again.

The non-apology yesterday was the most ridiculous thing I've seen for quite some time, and I watch The Hills!!
    In saying she was apologizing for hurting Erin's feelings she rather insulted her once more, imo, it was as if Elisabeth said and did nothing wrong, but as Erin had her feelings hurt Elisabeth was willing to apologize.

I do think Elisabeth was trying to make a misguided stab at the guy who stalked and spied on Erin, why anyone thought that was suitable fodder for a quip is beyond me. As Erin has been more covered up than most, certainly more covered that Elisabeth was when she appeared on the cover of a fitness magazine to show her post-baby body in a bikini and high heels, (incidentally, she claims to hate the pressure that's put on women to lose baby weight but that didn't stop her doing that feature and claiming she didn't diet to lose the weight, no, she just let her exercise-orexia kick in and trained hours a day by her own admission), despite being misguided and unfunny at best, the comment made no sense.
    Even in her Madonna cha-cha-cha outfit Erin was very well covered.
    The Pulp Fiction outfit showed her bra, but she was wearing a shirt over the top and calf-length pants.
    Seeing her like that is hardly akin to what that pervert was able to see when filming her without her knowledge or consent.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3895620;
    and I watch The Hills!!
    Well at least you're honest!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Surprise surprise, Elisabeth put her foot in her mouth again. I can't believe Elisabeth would make those comments, especially when she is a woman herself, dressing a certain way does not in any way sends out invitations to anyone.

And it truly is sad that it is women who cut other women down...

Her apology can join the Chris Brown apology in the fake bin!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3895624;
    Well at least you're honest!

I've been posting in that thread, I figured I had no place to hide after that.

Quote Originally Posted by KP
    And it truly is sad that it is women who cut other women down...
    Elisabeth always claims she's "all about girl power" yet not only did she effectively call for Erin to wear more clothing in the aftermath of being stalked and spied upon, she compounded the insult by accusing her of having an emotional response to what was said, a mysogynist stereotype if ever there was one.
    She says women should support other women, but has torn down Hillary Clinton and been insulting about Michelle Obama while singing the praises of Cindy McCain, who had an affair with a married man, making him an adulter which should brands him an unfit parent and renders him unsuitable for election to public office (according to Elisabeth).

I often stare open-mouthed at the drivel that Elisabeth spouts. but when Joy questioned whether Elisabeth was wearing much more than Erin had in those photos Elisabeth stood to reveal how much fabric was in her floor-length dress, completely missing the fact that the dress was strapless and low-cut.
    Elisabeth then said she wasn't showing her navel, as if that's the determining factor as to whether clothing is too revealing, but seems to have forgotten she spent 39 days showing her navel while on Survivor.
    She's such a hypocrite and an incredibly stupid person to boot.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-06-2010 at 03:46 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3895679I often stare open-mouthed at the drivel that Elisabeth spouts. but when Joy questioned whether Elisabeth was wearing much more than Erin had in those photos Elisabeth stood to reveal how much fabric was in her floor-length dress, completely missing the fact that the dress was strapless and low-cut.
    [B
    Elisabeth then said she wasn't showing her navel, as if that's the determining factor as to whether clothing is too revealing, but seems to have forgotten she spent 39 days showing her navel while on Survivor.
    She's such a hypocrite and an incredibly stupid person to boot[/B].
    Elisabeth's season on Survivor was the last time I watched that show (not because of her ... just didn't like it), and I remember thinking at the time who was that sharp-tongued little schemer who was walking around wearing nothing but two hankies all the time! Edyta's costumes are less revealing than what Elisabeth wore on that show. Hypocrite is right!

Her latest stupid remark and insincere apology complete with crocodile tears are all over TV and the Internet. What will it take to get her booted off this show? It's a shame when ratings supercede every other consideration. And Star got fired for what ... talking about her wedding too much and getting free stuff? At least she was an intelligent and interesting co-host with a solid background that contributed constructively to the show (even though she talked about her wedding too much for that period of time).
    Last edited by Lucky22; 05-06-2010 at 05:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread