+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3894635;
    Gah! Me too. "I'm sorry that you feel that way" is in no way, shape or form an apology. But what can you really expect from such an insufferably insensitive imbecile?
    You left out ignorant

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3894535;
    There's no doubt in my mind Elisabeth was told to apologize for her comment about Erin Andrews.
    To me, putting on the waterworks does not a sincere apology make.
    Wrapping her apology in a highly unbelievable story that once again painted her five year old as a mystical sage was utterly ridiculous.
    Exactly. You took the words out of my mouth.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

i saw yesterday's show. elisabeth was adamant in her judge-mental statement about erin and she meant it exactly what she said when she sais it. elisabeth sat in judgement of that woman knowing full well what she (erin) went through. that crap about her sitting with her daughter and blah blah blah was complete and utter b.s. i love how she always tries to make it seem that it's her children that make her see the light and not her colleges or the producer, or barbara or annyonr esle she's that damned perfect. the ONLY reason she apologized is because she was told to. come on. she told her daughter she hurt someone's feelings? how did she know she hurt erins feelings when she hadn't even spoken to erin? her daughter suggested she call her and apologize? really. elisabeth should ask the people that tell her she f####d up also right her a written statement before she opens up her mouth and sticks her foot in it. why is she still on the view? she has nothing to offer that i want to hear and the show is not about elisabeth. lots of people can force themselves to cry on a dime abc. not buying what elisabeth tried to sell.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Today isn't the first time she's used her daughter to get a point across.
    After the last election where she said she (paraphrasing) wasn't the first to support Barack Obama but would get in line to support him as President now, she told some ridiculous story about Grace seeing a picture of the Obama children and Elisabeth gently relaying to her that Obama was now the President and her daughter said she wanted to keep the picture and get a frame for it.
    So laughable.

The tears today smacked of "I'm sorry that I'm being made to apologise", not that she was truly sorry.
    I'm sure she was embarassed and possibly even feels let down by whoever it was that assisted her by providing the pictures and footage of Erin, knowing what Elisabeth was going to say.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have read lots of posts here about the Elisabeth apology, but haven't seen it yet. I record during the day and watch usually at night.

I'll save my critic for after I see it, but I am amused at how she is always quick to dismiss other people who offer an apology. She will say very sharply, that it's easy to apoligize, but how does that help the situation. She acts like you have to really do something big and that an apolgy won't cut it. Was she like that today?

Last week, I thought the story she told about being scared to tell her kids the truth of spilling their plant seeds on the floor was bizarre. Is she scared of them? I didn't get it. Maybe they have supernatural powers we are not aware of. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3894769;
    I have read lots of posts here about the Elisabeth apology, but haven't seen it yet. I record during the day and watch usually at night.

I'll save my critic for after I see it, but I am amused at how she is always quick to dismiss other people who offer an apology. She will say very sharply, that it's easy to apoligize, but how does that help the situation. She acts like you have to really do something big and that an apolgy won't cut it. Was she like that today?

Last week, I thought the story she told about being scared to tell her kids the truth of spilling their plant seeds on the floor was bizarre. Is she scared of them? I didn't get it. Maybe they have supernatural powers we are not aware of. LOL.
    I think she just never wants to be the bad guy where her children are concerned.
    As her stories about them are always ridiculous, unbelievable or both, it's hard to know what's true and what isn't, but she really doesn't seem to get a lot of joy from being a parent.
    Most of her stories paint her as exasperated or exhausted as if she has a tough time coping with three children when she only works a few hours a day, has a husband who doesn't put in a full work week and two nannies.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with regard to her reaction to apologies.
    Many times she's commented that someone offering an apology was apologising for getting caught, rather than for what they actually did.
    She's shown herself to be very unforgiving (except when it comes to someone like John McCain who got a pass for adultery after she said adiulterers are bad parents and unfit to hold public office, she later said they shouldn't be coaching kid's teams either), yet that's exactly the kind of apology she offered up today
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3894782;
    I think she just never wants to be the bad guy where her children are concerned.
    As her stories about them are always ridiculous, unbelievable or both, it's hard to know what's true and what isn't, but she really doesn't seem to get a lot of joy from being a parent.
    Most of her stories paint her as exasperated or exhausted as if she has a tough time coping with three children when she only works a few hours a day, has a husband who doesn't put in a full work week and two nannies.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with regard to her reaction to apologies.
    Many times she's commented that someone offering an apology was apologising for getting caught, rather than for what they actually did.
    She's shown herself to be very unforgiving (except when it comes to someone like John McCain who got a pass for adultery after she said adiulterers are bad parents and unfit to hold public office, she later said they shouldn't be coaching kid's teams either), yet that's exactly the kind of apology she offered up today

I think you have a very good assessment of her! All is true. I remember one story she told when Grace was quite young. She said Grace told her to leave her alone. She was always describing how she hovered over her and was always asking hre questions and trying to stimulate conversation. I was thinking the same thing.

I'm not sure why she has not become more comfortable with her parenting. I know 3 is a lot, but she doesn't have a huge work schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3894757;
    Today isn't the first time she's used her daughter to get a point across.
    After the last election where she said she (paraphrasing) wasn't the first to support Barack Obama but would get in line to support him as President now, she told some ridiculous story about Grace seeing a picture of the Obama children and Elisabeth gently relaying to her that Obama was now the President and her daughter said she wanted to keep the picture and get a frame for it.
    So laughable.
    I knew you guys would be over here snarking on a ElisaTwit! This President Obama moment is so hilarious - along with how her daughter told her to apologize for hurting Erin's feelings - I almost just fell on the floor laughing so hard. Elisabeth crowing over her ever-so-wise child. Well, let's face it, though, pretty much anyone is filled with wisdom compared to Elisabeth - even a toddler.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

The longer those stories go on the less believable they become.
    If Elisabeth was upset enough to make Grace inquire as to why it's probably because she'd seem the backlash against her and possibly already been told she had to apologise.
    I certainly don't think she was sitting at home dejected because she hurt someone's feelings.
    If she'd just said Grace saw she looked upset and asked her why, that might have at least been believable. She couldn't stop there though, she had to prattle on about reading their devotional and not using words that hurt people. Since when has that been her policy?
    I've never known any of them to bother sparing people's feelings and find Elisabeth the worst in that regard.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3894523;
    Bristol was there to promote the "National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy."
    would that be do as I say not as I do?

+ Reply to Thread