+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1982Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

I think Elisabeth is wonderful and greatly admire her for stepping up today.

The View ladies as a whole make a lot of comments that can be hurtful and rarely do any of them apologize.

I could not believe they made Bristol Palin sit by that nasty Joy Behar this morning after all of the horrible things Joy has said about her family. Bristol was poised and classy during it though.

FORT Fanatic

westcoaster here. why was bristol on the show?

FORT Fanatic

Bristol was there to promote the "National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy."

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3894501;
    I think Elisabeth is wonderful and greatly admire her for stepping up today.

The View ladies as a whole make a lot of comments that can be hurtful and rarely do any of them apologize.

I could not believe they made Bristol Palin sit by that nasty Joy Behar this morning after all of the horrible things Joy has said about her family. Bristol was poised and classy during it though.
    Was it stepping up or damage control? It was hard to tell between the tears and the Bible verses.

If Bristol Palin had to stay out of close proximity of anyone who ever made a negative comment about her mother, she'd never be able to leave the house.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Ain't" that the damn truth?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There's no doubt in my mind Elisabeth was told to apologize for her comment about Erin Andrews.
    To me, putting on the waterworks does not a sincere apology make.
    Wrapping her apology in a highly unbelievable story that once again painted her five year old as a mystical sage was utterly ridiculous.

Whoever green-lighted the piece about Andrews yesterday should also offer and on-air apology.
    This was no off the cuff comment from Elisabeth.
    They had a montage of pictures of Erin in three of her costumes and the voice-over bloke even said at the beginning of the show that Elisabeth would be taking about something to do with DWTS.
    I wish I could remember exactly what he'd said.
    It was quit obvious that it was known that Elisabeth was going to make that comment.
    Sherri even said that Gaby Sidibe had made a comment about it downstairs before the show started.

For the others to rally around her was very typical of the coddled way Elisabeth is treated. Shame she isn't equally supportive of her colleagues.

I'm glad she's getting some heat for this.
    Perhaps all she really is good for is repeating right-wing talking points fed to her by Geddie or seen on Hannity if this is what happens when she decides to go solo and think for herself.
    The comment should never have made it to air.
    Someone should have stepped in and pointed out how crass that comment was long before it was ever broadcast.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm glad she's getting heat for it too - how many radio personalities have been fired for saying something less inflamatory. She's lucky she still has a J.O.B.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

There's no doubt in my mind Elisabeth was told to apologize for her comment about Erin Andrews.
    To me, putting on the waterworks does not a sincere apology make.
    Wrapping her apology in a highly unbelievable story that once again painted her five year old as a mystical sage was utterly ridiculous
    I totally agree with you.

She did not go home and all of a sudden have an attack of conscience. .

Take a look at all the tweets from DWTS celebs and pros and at all their post-show interviews. She was getting slammed all over the place

That apology was absolutely forced on her.

I think ABC went into major damage control mode. As soon as the show finished airing today, her apology was all over the net.

IMO, her apology was a joke. She apologised for "hurting Erins feelings", what about an apology to all the other victims of stalkers she denigrated with her comments?

I hate those kind of apologies - what about - I was wrong- I should not have said that?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3894632;
    I hate those kind of apologies - what about - I was wrong- I should not have said that?
    Gah! Me too. "I'm sorry that you feel that way" is in no way, shape or form an apology. But what can you really expect from such an insufferably insensitive imbecile?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread