+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

OK, Sherri.....I caught that eyeroll you gave Barbara this morning when you were snapping at her about adoption also causing you to also have physical issues!! Loved it!!!

We soooo deserve a long break from BW's presence on the show. Somebody find her another parttime job. She makes me say bad words when she walks out at the beginning of the show!

I remember when my child was being bullied in the 2nd or 3rd grade by these 2 little knuckleheads in this class. We had discussed it a little, and he wanted me to stay out of it. I told him to let me know if/when it was time for me to get involved; they were physically threatening. We had discussed what kind of physical maneuvers he could take, should he need to. I am the kind of mother that won't tolerate anybody messing with my offspring...be it a child or an adult, but I wait for him to give me the sign. The day after he told me that I needed to step in, I came home a little early from work, and waited for them to come walking down the street. As they walked up, I saw them stop; I watched as he looked for the stick that he had hidden to use if he had to; he could not find it. I saw a lot of back and forth between them; I was out of the door, down the street, and on them before they even realized it. I asked, in my growly voice, if they had a problem, and asked what he had done to them. The lead bully said he hadn't done anything to them, and that they had no problem. I, forcefully, suggested that they stop their behavior and told them to go home. They tucked their tails and slinked off. That was the last problem that my son had with those little heathens. Previously, I had been to the school to talk with the principal about them. She was of no help, so I did what I had to do. The next morning, the lead heathen told my son, "Your mama is MEAN!" It had to be the element of surprise that shook them up! Of course, the world was a lot less electronic back then, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

i rarely watch anymore, but tuned in today. with dr phil, there were wayy too many people around that table and the convo was boring. AND what was up with beckham's suit? wayy too small...or is that a brit thing? and it they are going to cut to victoria so much, why didn't she just go up onstage?

I had already stopped watching by that time. I hate boring celebrities.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3883118;
    I think it refers to Michael Jackson and how he died.
    Oh geesh. I get it now. Thanks.

Back to waiting for something to like about her, then.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3886394;
    OK, Sherri.....I caught that eyeroll you gave Barbara this morning when you were snapping at her about adoption also causing you to also have physical issues!! Loved it!!!

Oh my goodness, that was too funny! I just knew Sherri was going to say, "Barbara shut up! I know what I'm talking about!."
    She did seem to mumble something when she turned around toward Dr Phil.

I smelled a mumbled "Shut the hell up!"

Brendan Fraser.......annoying.....not even slightly funny.

The Queen.......was refreshing to hear her intelligence. Why does Barbara always go to the "You're so pretty"? Is the really that vapid? Looks are soooo inconsequential. Either way they go, they are "an accident" of birth, so the person really doesn't have any input.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3887611;
    I smelled a mumbled "Shut the hell up!"

Brendan Fraser.......annoying.....not even slightly funny.

The Queen.......was refreshing to hear her intelligence. Why does Barbara always go to the "You're so pretty"? Is the really that vapid? Looks are soooo inconsequential. Either way they go, they are "an accident" of birth, so the person really doesn't have any input.
    The prior Queen - Noor aka Lisa Halaby - was also extremely intelligent and very beautiful. Brabara knew her well, as well. I don't think she really meant the comment in what came out sounding fairly sexist.
    I've never seen Brendan Fraser on an interview show before. And, I'd agree with your assessment. But, would also add that he acted like an adolescent! What was up with that!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

More lessons in appalling parenting from Sherri and Elisabeth this past week.

Sherri is such a defeatist when it comes to parenting Jeffrey.
    It's quite obvious she caves at every turn the minute he throws a tantrum.
    Elisabeth claims to detest big government, but has nothing against suggesting blanket laws to absolve her from being the bad guy in her children's eyes.
    We see it time and again with her.
    There should be no McDonalds within a mile of any school because if she takes her children there they always want fries.
    Heaven forbid they hear the word 'no' or she drive a different route to avoid the place altogether.

I was pleased Whoopi posed the question to Sherri about the toys in the Happy Meals.
    Whoopi likes to collect them so should she not be allowed to do so because Sherri can't control her child?

The facebook/twitter discussion was pointless and they barely allowed the one person with teenage children (guest host Jenny Sanford) to get a word in.
    Elisabeth thinks she's going to be all hard-arsed and tell her children that they can't have a facebook account when they're teens (as if facebook will still be around by then) yet she can't tell her two year old that his birthday isn't the same day as his sister's and lets him have one of his sister's presents, lets her daughter sneak chocolate in a closet after her father has told her she can't have any more and would rather let the children's plants die than admit to them she dropped the container and mixed them up when replanting.

Someone needs to clue Elisabeth in to the fact her kid stories aren't funny, charming or endearing.
    They always seem to involve some kind of stress for Elisabeth so she can make a big old deal out of being a mother.
    Sherri's just as bad. Anyone would think they aren't millionaires and actually have to work full-time hours.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Who dressed Barbara and Sherri today? I think their employment status should be reconsidered! Barbara looked like she had crawled through the dollar remnant jewelry bin at the DAV...not a single piece even barely went together, and Sherri crawled through after BW did, and could find NO earrings, but did locate a homely, lonely-looking necklace. And I am tired of these huge rings that Sherri and Elisabeth keep wearing everyday.

'Tis a crying shame, it is.

Did Joy really say "ex-topic" pregnancy? Was I having an auditory hallucination? School teachers can be scary.

+ Reply to Thread