+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I watched the Thin Ice show that Elizabeth hosted on both Thursday and Sunday. I loved the show, but she was completely, absolutely, and totally uncessary. Kurt Browning would have been wonderful all by himself. He has personality, skating knowledge, and a rapport with the skaters. She had none of the above.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3860193;
    Miley Cyrus looks and sounds like 16 going on 35........
    In all fairness, Justin Bieber does have a good voice. You could tell that by his youtube postings.
    However, that song he sang was pretty awful. It made him sound like all the rest of the interchngeable techno pop "teen sensations" currently rotating on the air waves, TV waves, etc.
    I guess the View must be looing for the tweens on Spring break this week to be tuning in. Can't believe Justin's going to be on tomorrow, as well.
    I had never heard of him until a local mall cancelled an appearance by him because the crowd was getting out of hand and there was a near riot. So I'm guessing he has fans willing to endure the old ladies of The View for a glance at him.

FORT Fanatic

Um, k, so according to Elisabeth when you plan your kids birthday party you should cater to the guests parents and not to what you can handle or your kid whose birthday it is.

I completely agree with Joy on that issue. There's no need to invite an entire family to a kid's birthday party. If Elisabeth feels that a birthday invitation is going to "tear" her family apart for a couple hours on a weekend, then DON'T GO.

I mean seriously, what if Sherri's son was friends with a Duggar? Or better, I'd really like to see one of Elisabeth's kids befriend a Duggar and see how her attitude changes with THAT birthday party when she realizes there isn't room to invite any other friends.

I also thought her comment regarding Kate Gosselin was interesting. When exactly did Elisabeth tell Kate she should get a job that didn't involve putting her kids on tv? If I remember right, wasn't it Lisa Ling who broached that subject and got cut off?

FoRTer

I can see both sides of the b-day party conversation, and I think much of it has to do with the age of the child. Just from my experience, younger children don't do "drop-off" parties... parents stay (and often have their other children with them), so as the host you plan accordingly. As kids get older, it becomes more common for parents to drop off their child and pick them up later (and they don't leave a sibling in these situations) so accommodating others isn't an issue. I think Elisabeth is still used to the younger-style party, but I would expect her expectations to change as her children get older.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3861765;
    I can see both sides of the b-day party conversation, and I think much of it has to do with the age of the child. Just from my experience, younger children don't do "drop-off" parties... parents stay (and often have their other children with them), so as the host you plan accordingly. As kids get older, it becomes more common for parents to drop off their child and pick them up later (and they don't leave a sibling in these situations) so accommodating others isn't an issue. I think Elisabeth is still used to the younger-style party, but I would expect her expectations to change as her children get older.
    I agree. When my kids were younger, we invited families and had big blowouts with bounce houses and plenty of food for the parents and kids. But, once they got past the age of 10, we had them invite individual friends to be dropped off. It's totally an age thing.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3861765;
    I can see both sides of the b-day party conversation, and I think much of it has to do with the age of the child. Just from my experience, younger children don't do "drop-off" parties
    Put like that I can see both sides. In their discussion though Sherri was planning an event party in a small space, meant for 5 year olds, and Elisabeth was incredibly rude with her retort that Sherri would dare exclude siblings.

If they're old enough to be dropped off at school they're old enough to be dropped off for a couple hours at a party. If their parents (ie. Elisabeth) don't think they're ready then it's their job to decline, not demand the party holder rearrange the party to fit their needs.

Honestly I think it's more the way Elisabeth went at Sherri rather than the topic itself that really bugged me.

FoRTer

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3862302;
    Honestly I think it's more the way Elisabeth went at Sherri rather than the topic itself that really bugged me.
    Gotcha... I think Sherri seems very good about discussing things considerately in the midst of a difference of opinion, but it isn't always returned.

Elisabeth agreed with Joy today!!

Joy had brought up the backlash that so many Em Senators, etc. have received in voting for healthcare. She then showed Sarah Palin's posting where it listed all the ones who had voted for HC reform and where they lived. And to go after them.

Elisabeth agreed with Joy and the rest that that was very wrong to do. Good for her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

EH took Joy's views because she doesn't want the backlash if she said what she really felt.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3863016;
    Elisabeth agreed with Joy today!!

Joy had brought up the backlash that so many Em Senators, etc. have received in voting for healthcare. She then showed Sarah Palin's posting where it listed all the ones who had voted for HC reform and where they lived. And to go after them.

Elisabeth agreed with Joy and the rest that that was very wrong to do. Good for her.
    I'm watching it now and I am shocked, but pleased, that Elisabeth is being rational.

And I truly hope that a certain segment of the population takes Whoopi's points to heart about doing, or more to the point, not doing what the talking heads tell you to do from the safety of their studios.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread