+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1793Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3858437;
    I can tolerate Elisabeth more than I can Babs, when I see her walk out I groan. Her stories, her interruptions, name dropping, self promotion and high and mightiness really really get on my last nerve.
    Couldn't agree more. She is absolutely full of herself and makes this show unbearable to watch when she's on. Personally if I never saw her on my tv again I'd be a happy woman.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Elisabeth might not be so bad if her style of delivery completely changed.

Barbara might not be so bad if she quit/retired. It is depressing when she steps onto the stage. I always count how many chairs are at the table before they walk out....even though that is not a guarantee of her absence.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Bab's hands and the gestures she makes with them while telling a story is just beyond creepy......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Kind of like, "Double, double, toil and trouble....."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

She's about 80 now, isn't she? Not saying she should go away just because she's that old, but given her on-camera contribution to the show the last year or so, a once-a-week appearance would be enough. Maybe she could just produce behind the scenes or serve as a consultant ... something like that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3858475;
    Elisabeth might not be so bad if her style of delivery completely changed.
    I agree. If Elisabeth would completely change, then I could probably tolerate her.

Crappy show today, unless you are into kid shows. Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber. Not much in the way of Hot Topics. I turned the channel and got much more out of a 'Will and Grace' rerun. And that Beiber child will be on again tomorrow.

As Whoopi would say, "WTH????"

I have no idea who Justin Beiber is, and I only wish I didn't know who Miley Cyrus is. The way it sounds, I haven't missed much since I started school.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Miley Cyrus looks and sounds like 16 going on 35........
    In all fairness, Justin Bieber does have a good voice. You could tell that by his youtube postings.
    However, that song he sang was pretty awful. It made him sound like all the rest of the interchngeable techno pop "teen sensations" currently rotating on the air waves, TV waves, etc.
    I guess the View must be looing for the tweens on Spring break this week to be tuning in. Can't believe Justin's going to be on tomorrow, as well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3860193;
    Miley Cyrus looks and sounds like 16 going on 35........
    In all fairness, Justin Bieber does have a good voice. You could tell that by his youtube postings.
    However, that song he sang was pretty awful. It made him sound like all the rest of the interchngeable techno pop "teen sensations" currently rotating on the air waves, TV waves, etc.
    I guess the View must be looing for the tweens on Spring break this week to be tuning in. Can't believe Justin's going to be on tomorrow, as well.
    What's that about? The kid must have a pretty amazing agent. Have they ever had the same guest on two days in a row? Why him? Meanwhile, I found Elisabeth so annoying today that I turned off the show. I knew she would be all fired up and ready to spew after the health care vote yesterday. She was in full fine shrillness form today. I hate how she thinks everything she has to say is so important that she talks 90 miles an hour and tries to fit it all in whether it's relevant to the topic or not. She gets so fired up in that indignant way of hers that she doesn't even realize she repeats the same lines over and over. Babs kind of shut her up by telling her she already made her point and Whoopie tried, too. I think they all need to be more assertive with her when she goes off like that. Sherri probably wouldn't, but Joy could join in, and I'd love to hear BW really rein her in like a mother with a disobedient mouthy kid!

+ Reply to Thread