+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3856615;
    Yes, why does Whoopi do her Valley Girl impressions?
    Whoopi is a comedian. Some may not find it funny, but some might.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Why do they keep inviting Kate G. to be on the panel? She has absolutely nothing to contribute, and I don't know anyone who would watch any show just because she's on it. Her 15 minutes were up long ago. She just needs to focus on giving those kids as normal a life as possible.

Interesting tweet from Sherri right before the show today. She said that she'd love to do Dancing With the Stars but would never want someone else raising her child while she was away. I wish she had shared that sentiment on the show.

FORT Fanatic

I'm guessing the DWTS people wouldn't build a dance floor in Sherrie's home as they have done for Kate Gosselin (you know, the one who does everything for her children - as though other parents don't have the same hopes for THEIR children).

I'm hoping Kate falls flat on her face - literally - as soon in the competition as possible.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3857652;
    Interesting tweet from Sherri right before the show today. She said that she'd love to do Dancing With the Stars but would never want someone else raising her child while she was away. I wish she had shared that sentiment on the show.
    OMG, Bunny, you are a tweet person?? Just kidding! So what would Sherri propose that she do with her child? Just leave him there with the checkbook to pay the rent and do the grocery shopping? I guess dad is out of the question?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3857835;
    OMG, Bunny, you are a tweet person?? Just kidding!
    Guilty!
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3857835;
    So what would Sherri propose that she do with her child? Just leave him there with the checkbook to pay the rent and do the grocery shopping? I guess dad is out of the question?
    I think her ex is in LA and I assume her son is in school in NY

Sherri loves to make a song and dance out of being a parent.
    If she did do DWTS she'd likely have to stop doing The View. She could tehn move back to L.A. where DWTS is filmed and her son could either be with his nanny or his father while Sherri was training.
    It doesn't sound as though it'd be that much of a chore really.

Babs was embarassing today demonstrating how models walk.
    She didn't get either that or how "normal" people walk right. It just wasted time and was cringe-inducing.
    Still, no Elisabeth, so that was a nice little bonus.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sheri wouldn't last through the first week of rehearsals for DWTS. It's gruelling, repetitive and exhausting. The folks they have on this show should at least be in good physical condition - unless they're booking them for the trainwreck category.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3857900;
    Babs was embarassing today demonstrating how models walk.
    She didn't get either that or how "normal" people walk right. It just wasted time and was cringe-inducing.
    Still, no Elisabeth, so that was a nice little bonus.
    For me, the show is almost watchable without Elisabeth there ... no shrillness, no pouty lips, no undeserved humongous ego, no seeing how many words she can cram into an arrogant diatribe without taking a breath. I can tolerate Barbara; she's from a different era. What's Elisabeth's excuse? Whenever she's not there (which is way too infrequently), I fantasize that she is on a job interview for a gig that will require her to quit The View, or that she was fired and it just hasn't been announced yet.

I can tolerate Elisabeth more than I can Babs, when I see her walk out I groan. Her stories, her interruptions, name dropping, self promotion and high and mightiness really really get on my last nerve.

Not that I like Elisabeth, but without her they'd all share the same opinion and what fun would there be in that?? I wish she would dial it down, but she does contribute some (very little) intelligent conversation into the panel.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread