+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 266667686970717273747576777879808182838485861261765761076 ... LastLast
Like Tree1370Likes

Thread: The View

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    Not interested in seeing jessica.....

Katherine/Catherine, whichever it is, McPhee is tomorrow's guest host. That might be interesting. I'd like to see a little more of her personality and also maybe she and Elisabeth can explore the anorexia thing a little.

Why is Elisabeth dress like Mrs. Roper?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I just came here to ask what's with the washer woman get up.

Katherine is really a beautiful girl, isn't she? I could do without hearing Over the Rainbow again any time soon, but she is certainly lovely.

Not Mrs. Roper... Rhoda!
    I knew I was making a mistake - Mrs. Roper wore muumuus
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    I kind of liked the dress/jumpsuit part of the outfit, the head scarf was stupid and distracting. If she had a great necklace on and her hair up or something it was sort of retro 70's fun.

Katherine was fun and kind of silly she didn't have much to say. I gagged when Barbara reffered to Liz Taylor as a "great Lady" directly after discussing how many marriages she wrecked, her alcohol abuse, and affairs she had. What is her definition of a Lady? Beauty and big jewelry? Liz Taylor is definately not my def of a lady.

I believe that you and I have a different definition than Barbara does. I thought that Elizabeth Taylor was a beautiful young woman and I remember when she married Nicky Hilton and what a fairy tale wedding that seemed to be, in my childs mind. Then by the time I really grew up and she had another husband or two under her belt I no longer idolized her. I wouldn't use the word lady in the same sentence with her, but maybe Barbara has a looser definition. She's a sad looking old woman to me now.

I don't really know why they had that guy on the show if all Barbara was going to do was argue with him.
    Admittedly it wasn't a knock down, drag out fight.
    She took great pains to mention she knew the people involved in all the stories and seemed to think that made her more of an authority on their personal lives.
    Her argument about Hepburn not finding Tracey's body didn't even make sense.
    The guest said she did, Barabara said she didn't, adding that they lived together at the time (Hepburn and Trcey that is).
    Wouldn't that make it more likely that she would have found him dead?
    I couldn't really get what Barbara was arguing about there.
    She also shut Joy down pretty quickly when she just mentioned rumours that circulated years ago that Hepburn was gay.
    The whole segment seemed kind of pointless.

FORT Newbie
    It really did. Especially as you say the mentioning of how she knows so many of these people. Sort of sad for Barbara and really all of us when so many people idolize stars and look at what they do, the multiple public affairs, the total self absorbtion and yet they go on being idolized like Woody Allen. The man is basically a pedophile and yet according to Barbara everyone's life is happy now and Liz Taylor is a great lady.
    I am guessing years from now Brad and Angelina will be the Liz and Eddie of their time and Angelina will be a great lady!

Is it in the View rules that Barbara must be the last one standing?

This show is a joke. Barbara does not do well on daily "viewing" and Elisabeth just gets stranger everyday. I think that perhaps she had to get home quickly to mow the lawn, because thats how I wear my hair on lawn day.

Announcing who Rosie's first guest will be, does that mean they will be retitling the show Rosie's View?

+ Reply to Thread