+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1502Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

I was home yesterday and saw the show. Bawa announced that after this year, she will no longer be doing the one-hour special with interviews of Academy Award nominees that is shown around Oscar time. Apparently after 26 years, she feels like she has explored that format enough.

At the end of the announcement, there was a few moments of silence before the ladies started telling her what a great job she has done with it over the years. I quit watching it maybe 10 years ago because I find Bawa too annoying for words.

Bawa did emphasize that she will continue her appearances on the View. I'm very disappointed. She should have stepped down long ago and given someone else a chance.

I love how they started it with it being an announcement that would change tv forever. Whatever, Babs not doing a special isn't changing tv at all. I don't know if it the case but it sure made it look like that woman has the ego from hell.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

While I find BW boring/tedious as all get out, I find celebrities, usually, as boring as hell....however today, I was disappointed at how short the Gray's Anatomy's lady's (Chandra) appearance was.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3830263;
    I love how they started it with it being an announcement that would change tv forever. Whatever, Babs not doing a special isn't changing tv at all. I don't know if it the case but it sure made it look like that woman has the ego from hell.
    I know! I thought oooh, she's finally retiring from television! I can understand getting tired of doing a TV special after 29 years, but the end of a fluffy interview show with Oscar nominees is hardly important enough to be announced with all that drama. It's more like all these celebrities have been so overexposed in ways that didn't exist 29 years ago that nobody cares anymore. Plus there are far better interviewers on TV now, although definitely not on The View.

The little black dog that was a guest on the show today looked like a little black fuzzy house slipper. Poor baby was barking because she was wanting more and more and more treats! Didn't they feed her this morning? Guess they didn't want her pooping at an inappropriate moment!

Victoria Beckham's hair looked like she had just climbed out of bed and hadn't had time to glam it up.

Over all, I thought it was a relatively boring show today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The only part of the show I usually like is Hot Topics, and even then "like" is probably too strong a term.
    Hot Topics were even more lukewarm than usual today.
    They had the discussion yet again about runway models being too thin. Didn't they discuss that already this week, or do they just discuss it so often that it seems as though they'd already mentioned it?

I thought the sexting segments were quite good yesterday, but would have been so much better had Elisabeth and Sherri not been in charge. Elisabeth looked like she was fighting back tears at one point which I found odd.

In the initial film clip the girl who sent a topless picture of herself to her ex-boyfriend told us she was 16 when it happened and that she sent it because he said he'd go back out with her.
    Cut to the interview and Elisabeth asks the girl how old she was when it happened and why she sent it.
    No doubt she was reading her little blue cards instead of watching the clip as she and Sherri seem incapable of asking a question unless it's written down for them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3831424;
    The little black dog that was a guest on the show today looked like a little black fuzzy house slipper. Poor baby was barking because she was wanting more and more and more treats! Didn't they feed her this morning? Guess they didn't want her pooping at an inappropriate moment!

Victoria Beckham's hair looked like she had just climbed out of bed and hadn't had time to glam it up.

Over all, I thought it was a relatively boring show today.
    Glad I didn't miss anything. When I saw that Victoria Beckham was a co-host I turned it off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by march;3831464;
    Glad I didn't miss anything. When I saw that Victoria Beckham was a co-host I turned it off.
    The woman is totally boring as a co-host; she has nothing to say unless it's about fashion, especially her own collection.

Nadia Suleman makes me itch.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Was she on the show today? If so, what for? Is she promoting something? The implanting of her next eight embyros, perhaps?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread