+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1362Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I was also surprised that she told the panel that the President is soooo afraid of Sarah Palin. HUH??? What EH cannot comprehend is that most people think SP is a complete idiot. And those that do support her are just as idiotic.....and just as dangerous!

FORT Fanatic

You'd think I'd be used to her stupidity by now but Elisabeth rarely fails to amaze with her idiotic hipocritical comments. In one breath she says its inappropriate for the White House to have a sense of humour, in the next she's telling Joy no one appreciated Bush's sense of humour.

It's apparent she's completely unaware of Bob Hope's efforts to entertain the troops. After all they're the ones actually fighting the war and if they're allowed to laugh and be entertained with jokes, I don't see why the White House can't use that as well to boister the American public.

Elisabeth is way too far up Sarah Palin's nether regions. She jumps in to defend her for the smallest slight and it's way beyond getting old. She has no trouble jumping on any of the others for offering a real defense for Obama but she'll go ape doody if anyone even thinks something negative about Palin.

And Barbara... the woman needs to retire. Like yesterday. She pulls down the conversation, is useless when Elisabeth goes off, and can be downright condesending to the audience. I literally groan when I see her walk out. At least Elisabeth can be unintentionally amusing. Barbara can't and it's painful when she tries.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yesterday, when Jackie Collins tripped up the steps on the set, I figured she had found the curse that I had put on those steps for BW!! Geez....Jackie almost did a faceplant!! Sorry, Jackie!

Today, Elisabeth got to yelling about John and Elizabeth Edwards...and she was yelling at Whoopi. I thought Whoopi looked like she'd like to slap the taste out of Elisabeth's mouth! Elisabeth is very "Alice in Wonderland" about her romantic/love views.

I still say she needs an on-air pie in the face!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Elisabeth was right on target with every thing she said regarding John Edwards. I feel sorry for the children who are involved in this.

FORT Fogey

If she's on target about anything, I wouldn't know. She's so shrill and manic that I either can't understand what she's saying, or I mute the sound to save my eardrums, or I just tune out. Half the time her voice is at a decibel level that only dogs can hear.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's not so much what Elisabeth says as HOW she delivers it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Exactly prhoshay... It has very little with what she is saying it's her complete inability to communicate a thought effectively that is the problem and it's not a new one. She had this issue ever since she was on survivor. I may agree with her thoughts but I can't get past the delivery. I don't watch the show anymore and she contributes to that. I listne to people with dissenting opinions on a regular basis because they deliver them with tact and they communicate well. She doesn't.

FORT Fogey

I don't see how anyone can stand having to listen to her, opinions aside. If BW and Bill insist on keeping her on the show despite what they MUST be aware is negative viewer reaction, then at least get her a communications coach to teach her how to speak effectively and like a mature human being. If she thinks she has so much of value to say, then possibly she might be motivated to learn how to say it effectively. Really, I just can't understand why she is allowed to do this day after day. Joy and Whoopi must be under strict orders not to just tell her to shut the ---- up!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3824642;
    dang, is there a way to watch her be stupid? I have stopped Tivoing this show specifically because of her. Now I wish I had today
    just go to abc.com, and you can watch episodes there.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3824698;
    I was also surprised that she told the panel that the President is soooo afraid of Sarah Palin. HUH??? What EH cannot comprehend is that most people think SP is a complete idiot. And those that do support her are just as idiotic.....and just as dangerous!
    Obama's probably hoping she runs... either as an independent (his dream) or even as a Republican, which would drag down the House and Senate elections for the Republlicans. Assuming her poll #s stay where they are. She really is clueless.

+ Reply to Thread