+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Elisabeth and Joy really got into it today. Elisabeth is mad at Obama / press secretary for joking about something ( they were screaming so much it overshadowed What they were screaming about ) in these troubled times. Joy lit into Elisabeth and said that levity / comedy was needed sometimes.
    It's too bad Whoopi wasn't there to moderate today. They both got way too shrill.
    On another note, I happen to catch Joy's show for the first time last week. Surprisingly, she had Elisabeth on and it was great to see that the 2 of them can and do actually get along.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Robert Gibbs was making fun of Elisabeth's sister in moronhood Sarah Palin having notes on her hand at the Tea Party speech.
    Rather takes me back to the time in 2004 when GWB narrated a slideshow of photos of the White House at the Radio and Television correspondents dinner.
    He showed himself looking under a piece of furniture and joked that the Iraq WMD's weren't under there.
    I consider that more tasteless, "in a time of war", to use a Hasselcrackism, than Gibbs taking a minor swipe at Palin.

Elisabeth proved once again, as if any had any doubt, that she is incapable of conversing in an adult manner.
    It has nothing to do with being outnumbered at the table, there have been times when every single one of them has stood alone in holding a particular opinion, yet she's the only one who cannot control herself.
    She even screeched over Babs' attempts to calm her down.
    She should have been shown the door years ago, imo.
    In fact, if I had my way they'd ditch the entire panel in favour of more professional women and get that revolting lump Bill Geddie out of the equation too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff,

Thanks for apprising us as to what the screaming was about.
    Sometimes, it's very difficult to listen to the show. I do think, however, that is what floats Geddie's boat and he's not about to change it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

You're welcome

I think Elisabeth specifically floats his boat.
    Without wishing to step up on the grassy knoll, I think he protects her and is mainly responsible for her still being in a job that she is completely unqualified for.
    The lack of qualifications extends to the rest of the panel too, but they don't, imo, share her inability to talk passionately without being manic.
    I believe Rosie and Kathy Griffin when they say he briefs her for half an hour before each show.
    I'm quite sure she's fed talking points because her arguments and reactions are as tired and predictable as Joy's jokes.

I find it impossible to believe she is more popular than Star was at the time when ABC decided not to renew her contract.
    I know they didn't like Star doing impromptu shout outs to compaines that had provided swag of some sort for her wedding, but Babs did say that Star was let go because her popularity was the viewing audience was low and sinking.

I'm sure Bill and Elisabeth think the reason the audience rarely applauds her arguments is because they're in old lefty New York, but at the beginning of the show they always have clips of people telling us just how far they've come to be in the auience. They're not all exclusively New Yorkers and she rarely gets any kind of positive reaction from the audience.

Joy (iirc) said this morning that Idol needs a judge that's a trainwreck, I consider Elisabeth the resident trainwreck at The View. Once you've seen the carnage close-up it quickly ceases to be compelling.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth was unbelievably stupid and shrill today. She was also disrespectful to Barbara, and to me that was the worst. BW does get on my nerves sometimes with her ways, but who does Survivor-reject Elisabeth think she is to talk to icon Barbara Walters that way?! I wish BW had chewed her up and spat her out, and was extremely disappointed that she did not. I can buy the presumption that Hasseltwit is coached before the show, but Geddie should at least make it clear that she is to remain respectful to BW because at the very least, she is making herself look like an ungrateful, immature brat. I bet the twit is like that in real life, too. I'd hate to be Tim and get into an argument with her. Today was probably the worst I've ever seen her behave, possibly with the exception of the Rosie episode. I agree she should be fired, or at the least put on Valium!

Speaking of Elizabeth I was watching the show that discussed past survivor seasons lately and realized just how much she didn't change from her time on that show. I really didn't like her then and that hasn't changed either. It has nothing to do with her political views but it does have to do with her inability to effectively communicate.

That's precisely the problem I have with Elisabeth too.
    I don't share her political views, but that doesn't mean I don't want someone on the panel to represent opinions from that wing.
    Despite some reservations, I don't feel the same way about Meghan McCain for example.
    They're both squeaky-voiced, bottle-blondes who coast on their famous surnames, but Meghan seems to be not only a far nicer person, but also far more reasonable, adult, effective and professional.

Elisabeth gets so ridiculously het up about the slightest thing.
    I really don't see how a rational person makes some of the connections she does. Because the country is in two wars the White House Press Secretary shouldn't take 15 seconds out of his day to make a quip?
    That makes no sense to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was surprised that none of the other women said, "Are you yelling at Barbara?" You could tell that Elisabeth knew that she had stepped over the behavior line by the look on her face. She deserved to be immediately called out. I am not a BW fan either, but there are some things that you just don't do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Exactly. She should be ordered to apologize to BW and the viewing audience on the air tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath.

dang, is there a way to watch her be stupid? I have stopped Tivoing this show specifically because of her. Now I wish I had today

+ Reply to Thread