+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 1125 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475767778798081828384851251755751075 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 11248
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #741
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    I thought Barbara was rude to Debbie. She kept making comments about her personality. If you fired her then why would you want her back as a guest host?

    What are you willing to do for ratings, Barbara?
    It's been seven years. Seven. Debbie Matenopolous has changed a great deal in the seven years that she has been gone and even she can acknowledge that.

    And, fired or not, Barbara and Bill are responsible for her career because they gave her her first opportunity. Her job on The View and subsequent firing were indisputably responsible for the exposure necessary to keep her working constantly since then.

  2. #742
    FORT Fogey Muduh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    I thought Barbara was rude to Debbie. She kept making comments about her personality. If you fired her then why would you want her back as a guest host?

    What are you willing to do for ratings, Barbara?
    And why would Debbie even come back? Girl must be a fool for punishment.

    And to answer your question, what ever it takes, hon, whatever it takes.

  3. #743
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271
    I was home for a little bit this morning, and caught the show for the first time in a long time. Besides what's already been discussed, I thought it was alarming that Debbie said she stays fit by not eating. Elizabeth's response was that she (Elizabeth) needs to put on weight now that she's trying to get pregnant, but when they transitioned to a food moment, Debbie said it tasted so good she might revert back to eating, and when she turned to offer some to Elizabeth, Elizabeth reacted in horror to the food like I would if someone stuck a tarantula in my face, and refused even a bite of it. [Could that sentence be any more convoluted? ] As an overall impression of Elizabeth, is she always so judgmental about everything?

    I've never understood the allure of this show, and still believe it's only remained on the air because they don't have any competition at that time slot.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  4. #744
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    I thought Barbara was rude to Debbie. She kept making comments about her personality. If you fired her then why would you want her back as a guest host?

    What are you willing to do for ratings, Barbara?
    I just finished watching the show and I took it the same way. She was downright rude and then tried to laugh it off.

  5. #745
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I was home for a little bit this morning, and caught the show for the first time in a long time. Besides what's already been discussed, I thought it was alarming that Debbie said she stays fit by not eating. Elizabeth's response was that she (Elizabeth) needs to put on weight now that she's trying to get pregnant, but when they transitioned to a food moment, Debbie said it tasted so good she might revert back to eating, and when she turned to offer some to Elizabeth, Elizabeth reacted in horror to the food like I would if someone stuck a tarantula in my face, and refused even a bite of it. [Could that sentence be any more convoluted? ] As an overall impression of Elizabeth, is she always so judgmental about everything?

    I've never understood the allure of this show, and still believe it's only remained on the air because they don't have any competition at that time slot.
    I really, really believe that this show will be cancelled very soon. It started going downhill the minute Meredith left. Barbara tries to fill Meredith's shoes but she is seriousy lacking. I doubt anyone has the guts to tell her that though. Rosie is the only hope they have of saving the show at this point. However, they will need someone else to take over as moderator. That is the only hope they have of saving the show in my opinion.

  6. #746
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164
    I was curious enough about Debbie's big return to tape the show yesterday, and I watched it last night. I think Debbie did a GREAT job of confirming to the world just why she was fired. I was embarassed for her during the restaurant trends segment. She did not display the ability to ask a single intelligent question. The only thing she contributed was personal stories, like her friend who is now in Applbee's commercials. Who cares? The segment wasn't about Debbie -- it was about restaurants. I give them a pass at making so much of the host chat at the beginning about Debbie. It made sense, as a sort of homecoming. But when she started making the interview segments about herself, that was too much.

    As for the food thing, I did not take it seriously. While I do believe that she may have been truthful about the fasting before her wedding, I think she was joking about the notion of never eating period -- mocking the mindset of food in LA. Elizabeth tried to carry the joke on by making Debbie eat the food in the restaurant segment, and then not eating herself.

    I guess I can see where some may thing Barbara was rude to Debbie, although I didn't really see it. I think that at some point, being rude to her is the only way to make her stop talking!

  7. #747
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704
    Jessica to Be Rosie's First Guest on The View

    Jessica Simpson will appear on the first episode of The View to star new cohost Rosie O'Donnell, on Sept. 5, PEOPLE has learned.

    "Rosie herself reached out to Jessica," says a source close to Simpson about the singer-actress's guest shot.

    The two have a long history together, going back to The Rosie O'Donnell Show, which aired from 1996-2002, when O'Donnell was riding the crest as TV's highly rated "Queen of Nice."

    "When Jessica was just starting out, none of the big shows were interested in her, but Rosie took a chance on her and Jessica never forgot it," says the source.

    It wasn't just a break that O'Donnell provided, but encouragement.

    "When Jessica was on The Rosie O'Donnell Show years ago," the source went on to say, "Rosie went backstage afterwards and said, 'You're gonna be a star.' "

    Adds the source: "Jessica will never forget her."

    The View appearance will just follow the release of Simpson's new album, A Public Affair, which hits stores only a week before, on Aug. 29.

    O'Donnell, of course, will be assuming Meredith Vieira's former chair on the ABC daytime gabfest, while Vieira becomes the new cohost of NBC's Today show.

    http://celebrity.aol.com/people/atao...219143,00.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  8. #748
    FORT Fogey Muduh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,303
    Oh goody! Don't know about everyone else but I'm on needles and pins waiting.
    Being sarcastic here, NOT much of a Jessica fan.

  9. #749
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    As for the food thing, I did not take it seriously. While I do believe that she may have been truthful about the fasting before her wedding, I think she was joking about the notion of never eating period -- mocking the mindset of food in LA. Elizabeth tried to carry the joke on by making Debbie eat the food in the restaurant segment, and then not eating herself.
    I hope you're not implying that I thought she was being serious about never eating period. I do understand she wouldn't be able to survive, let alone go to work everyday if she were not eating anything at all.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  10. #750
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Oh goody! Don't know about everyone else but I'm on needles and pins waiting.
    Being sarcastic here, NOT much of a Jessica fan.
    i can't stand jessica. ESPECIALLY when she sings ... she looks like she's having a seizure.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.