+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2494Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3766708;
    I never watch AI, but happened to hear a bit of him one night and was floored at how good he was...not that the others were terrible, but it was like listening to a pro sing on amateur night I thought. So my interest isn't based on the hair or make up or gayness...just my surprise when I heard him sing. I heard Barbra St. sing before she got famous, and it was the same effect... a WOW... this is a different kind of voice. Similarly the young Joan Baez....her young voice was just haunting when I heard her early in her career at some rally.
    It's amazing, isn't it?
    He does truly have a wonderful voice. Totally on a different level from so many of the others who call themselves "singers."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

You can sure tell Joy was not happy with having to give that apology. She looked like she just sucked on a lemon.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still find myself wishing that somebody would hit Elisabeth in the face with a pie. SURPRISE!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have not seen this show in weeks. And I disagree with Joy being made to apologize. Yes, of course calling her a hooker ruined her reputation, that's what it was.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

Wind Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3768479;
    I still find myself wishing that somebody would hit Elisabeth in the face with a pie. SURPRISE!!!
    EH was exceptionally obnoxious yesterday blathering about "Obama being delusional"--obviously quoting some conservative "commentator."

She was so obnoxious that BW startled me by telling EH that she really ought to watch the whole program (the "60 Minutes" interview) instead of just quoting bits that someone else said.

I was stunned but I don't think EH even registered what BW said.

BW has been more and more outspoken lately. I wonder if she is planning on leaving soon and is burning her bridges and saying exactly what she thinks?

dancingfan

It ruins the show when Barbara is there. She kills any conversation.

How in the heck did this woman ever have a career in broadcast journalism? She sounds like she has a speech impediment.

I agree Wind Dancer, Barbara seems more outspoken than normal. I got a chuckle out of her saying that Elizabeth should probably watch the whole program. Like you, I'm not sure it got through to EH. I think her problem is, she's so busy thinking about what she wants to say next, that she doesn't completely listen to what anyone else is saying.

I also don't agree with Joy being made to apologize. From the look on her face, Joy didn't either. What exactly did she say anyway? That the woman looked like a hooker? If the shoe fits....
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Wind Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3769079;
    It ruins the show when Barbara is there. She kills any conversation.

How in the heck did this woman ever have a career in broadcast journalism? She sounds like she has a speech impediment.
    As a matter of fact she does have a slight speech impediment which has been the butt of many jokes--most famously in SNL's many "tributes" to her.

dancingfan

When Perez Hilton was on recently she called him Purell, lol. You just have to wonder what the first person who hired her to talk for a living was thinking.

And I loved that Joy had to apologize. It was hilarious to watch her yesterday. I mean, calling somone a hooker who has not been charged with the crime of prostitution is a lot worse than when Elisabeth called Deepak Chopra Glitter Glasses and was forced to apologize.

Uchitel may not be a hooker, but she's a slut - she knowing slept with a married man, and we don't know for sure if she ever accepted cash or gifts from Tiger during that time - that would make her a hooker, whether or not she was ever charged as a prostitute.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread