+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1313Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Okay, Barbara has passed ridiculous and entered into being pathetic in her promotion for her special. Geez woman, don't you have ANY pride?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3764993;
    Okay, Barbara has passed ridiculous and entered into being pathetic in her promotion for her special. Geez woman, don't you have ANY pride?

Now you've made me want to watch it to see what she does.

FORT Fanatic

What a beautiful hymn Aretha Franklin sang this morning. So nice to hear a real Christmas song.

"Chain of Fools" sounded pretty good too.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

Ditto to both of the posts!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

What I found offensive about the interminable references to BW's "special" was that the applause sign was turned on each time it was mentioned and the audience was prompted to applaud wildy for a show they had not seen.

You'd have thought the discussion was about the second coming or something else of immense importance instead of a cheesy interview-type "special."

And on yesterday's show, she said she couldn't wait til Thursday so she can stop talking about it........

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - they're so still going to be talking about it. And whoever her most fascinating pick is.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Anybody want to guess who the Most Fascinating Person is? She usually asks her panel, but I notice she hasn't dont that this time...has she? My guess is Diane Sawyer. (I can wait until tomorrow to hear who it is.) I think we've already seen everybody else who is on the stupid show.

Next!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

IMO if it is not President Obama then she really does not have a single functioing brain cell in her head.

My opinion only.

I agree with everyone that BW is getting doddering and does need to perhaps realize that at some point. And, it might be wise for her to try and move on while she can still retain her iconic status.
    But, let's be fair here.
    It's good old ABC aka Disney aka the network who tells them what they must plug. And, all these ladies plug things endlessly. It's not just Barbara. We just happen to notice it with her, because a lot of people don't care for her.
    All the networks try to endlessly plug / promote their other shows. It's called ratings and it translates to dollars for them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread