+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3763145;
    Was sad to hear on CNN's media discussion show this am, that Woods was well known as a "hound" on the golf circuit, so this wasn't just a one time episode--which is probably obvious with more heads popping up. While I see Whoopi's point, part of his appeal for Nike, et al., has been his role model quality. Hard to believe his parents approve of this behavior. He and Jeter were among the few superstar athletes who managed to have a "normal" image, in the sense that you had the impression that they treated their sport like a job, one that they worked hard at, and not as some kind of blessing from God that exempted them from normal rules. So... now it's down to Jeter.

who cares about Tiger's behaviour - I don't, if the sponsors deem what he did something they don't want to represent then they stop using him. What he did was not illegal (ala Phelps) but immoral.

Every sponsor out there takes a chance that there arent skeleton's in the closet of those they decide to endorse their product. I highly doubt this will affect any of his current endorsements. jmo
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I surprised that other people are surprised by this.

FORT Fogey

The View is just coming on here and I am almost forced to watch it because our other stations are out due to our winter storm.

BW is going to talk about her "special" show with those 10 most whatever people.

I personally do NOT think of Glenn Beck as "fascinating" or anything even clsoe to that. But apparently BW does...

BTW--BW just said that the woman who was rushed to the hospital from Tiger's house has been released from the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3764169;
    BTW--BW just said that the woman who was rushed to the hospital from Tiger's house has been released from the hospital.
    It was his mother in Law

FORT Fogey

(BTW--I don't really think I'm being "forced" to watch The View--I am working from home right now and need some white noise and the tv usually works the best for background. BW however does not.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't wait until this BW special is over. I can't think of anything more boring. Thank goodness for my DVR!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Does anyone else think that, when Lady GaGa dressed like Barbara during her interview, it wasn't to emulate her because she "admires her so much," but rather, that she was making fun of her?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3764192;
    Does anyone else think that, when Lady GaGa dressed like Barbara during her interview, it wasn't to emulate her because she "admires her so much," but rather, that she was making fun of her?

I admit that that thought crossed my mind when I saw them together.

When they were walking together and when they were sitting side by side I even thought that Lady G was trying to imitate BW's movements and demeanor.

Did you get that impression?

That's exactly the impression I got. Now, I've only seen clips of it, didn't actually watch the special, but my impression was that Lady GaGa was mocking Barbara. Sort of a laughing behind her back sort of thing.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3764780;
    That's exactly the impression I got. Now, I've only seen clips of it, didn't actually watch the special, but my impression was that Lady GaGa was mocking Barbara. Sort of a laughing behind her back sort of thing.
    it wasn't a mocking, but an homage.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread