+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3761015;
    I don't know what the topic is but it's kind of a contentious topic in the gay community. As a member of the gay community I'm supportive of outing politicians that are voting in a way to deny me my civil rights while living the lifestyle.
    I'm okay with that, because that is the only time outing someone involuntarily is at all relevent. Otherwise, not my business.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic

have they discussed tiger woods, or has babs shut that down?

they discussed him a little yesterday - whoops thinks it none of anyone's business (which I agree with) Sheri and Bitsy think he is a role model and should behave like one - like it or not. NOt sure about Joy or Babs - I just know no one agreed with Whoopi's POV.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3761117;
    I'm not a fan of Perez Hilton, either.
    He just comes across like a very mean spirited little man who seems to relish his job entirely too much.
    And, please, why do guys insist on wearing that hairdo?
    Memo to Perez - if really good looking men do NOT look at all attractive wearing this hairdo, what makes YOU think you can wear it!!???
    I think Perez is an interesting character. Its like he spent most of time talking about these celebs but now wants to be friends with them. I never liked that outing stuff but I do not like celebrity gossip in general I think they should be able to have personal lives that are private like Whoopi was saying! As much as I dont like what he does he has a following! And as far as him being mean I believe that was a comment on the show/episode and Elisabeth commented on it saying she thought he was nice, and in that moment he was. Only problem is he would probably go back on his blog and write a not so nice post about his experience...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3761732;
    I'm okay with that, because that is the only time outing someone involuntarily is at all relevent. Otherwise, not my business.
    Other than the political aspect I noted I could care less who is gay or not. But then again I don't follow celeb gossip at all basically because I have better stuff to fill my time with.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Meredith Baxter always reminded me of some of the girls I went to high school with. By the way, it was an all girls' high school. I guess it all falls into place now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I always liked Meridith Baxter as an actress. She did an especially good job in a TV movie some years ago about Betty Broderick, who shot her ex-husband and his new wife and has been sitting in prison for some years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3762386;
    And as far as him being mean I believe that was a comment on the show/episode and Elisabeth commented on it saying she thought he was nice, and in that moment he was. Only problem is he would probably go back on his blog and write a not so nice post about his experience...
    She must not read his website then. He never calls her Elisabeth. He always calls her Elisabitch.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3761813;
    they discussed him a little yesterday - whoops thinks it none of anyone's business (which I agree with) Sheri and Bitsy think he is a role model and should behave like one - like it or not. NOt sure about Joy or Babs - I just know no one agreed with Whoopi's POV.
    Was sad to hear on CNN's media discussion show this am, that Woods was well known as a "hound" on the golf circuit, so this wasn't just a one time episode--which is probably obvious with more heads popping up. While I see Whoopi's point, part of his appeal for Nike, et al., has been his role model quality. Hard to believe his parents approve of this behavior. He and Jeter were among the few superstar athletes who managed to have a "normal" image, in the sense that you had the impression that they treated their sport like a job, one that they worked hard at, and not as some kind of blessing from God that exempted them from normal rules. So... now it's down to Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3763109;
    She must not read his website then. He never calls her Elisabeth. He always calls her Elisabitch.

LOL she knows that and asked him about it before when he was on previously! It was funny because she totally called him on it and he was really nice to her on the show just like he was this last apperance!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread