+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3748895;
    BW often says stuff that's wrong. I have long forgotten that she once was a journalist.

That background certainly doesn't show on this show.
    That's one of the main reasons why I can't watch it.

She didn't know John Lennon from Sean Lennon, and she's more than old enough to have known better. OK, if given an "elderly memory break", she could have prepped and the producers could have prepped her.

That was only one of gazillion examples of little to no upfront prep done by the cohosts.

Ahhhh, for the days of Lisa and Meredith. I think that all the current cohosts need replacement.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

VelvetRed--hi.

I agree that the hosts seem to be factualy challenged--a lot.

Joy used to be the one who consistently had good info--but she's been very quiet since her new show started.

I think she just doesn't have the time to get informed on a number of current issues--and unlike rthe others she does NOT sound off without knowing what she's talking about. (An exception has been the Fort Hood shootings--about which she has said a number of things that have no basis in fact.)

BTW--I've seen Meredith on several talk shows like Regis and Kelly lately--and when asked anything about The View she seems to not answer but talks around it. IMO she might be embarrassed by what it has become.

Just a feeling I have based on nothing I've read etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3748938;
    VelvetRed--hi.

I agree that the hosts seem to be factualy challenged--a lot.

Joy used to be the one who consistently had good info--but she's been very quiet since her new show started.

I think she just doesn't have the time to get informed on a number of current issues--and unlike rthe others she does NOT sound off without knowing what she's talking about. (An exception has been the Fort Hood shootings--about which she has said a number of things that have no basis in fact.)

BTW--I've seen Meredith on several talk shows like Regis and Kelly lately--and when asked anything about The View she seems to not answer but talks around it. IMO she might be embarrassed by what it has become.

Just a feeling I have based on nothing I've read etc.
    Yeah, IMO Meredith is a class act. So presumably she is happy to see The View in her rearview mirror and is taking the high road.

The worst things about the show (aside from the misinformation about important issues) are the b*tchiness and constant talking over each other (the cohosts), and then the lack of prep to interview the guests. Oh, and then there is the rudeness toward some guests and talking over the guests.

What a hot mess this show has become.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Prejean.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I saw Joy Behar's new show last night and plan to watch again. She is actually on the same time as Larry King at night. She used to substitute for him. I believe both their shows are re-broadcast at midnight. Guess she got tired of waiting for Larry to retire.

People talking over each over on "The View" is very distracting - and rude.

It's my understand that each of the women wears a microphone in their ear so someone can give them instructions when they are on the air - if they are giving out wrong info, why doesn't the control room tell them. I believe Rosie O'Donnell revealed this fact and refused to wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3748682;
    I'm sorry, but anything and everything Jon Stewart has to say is gospel.
    So true!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Did anyone else enjoy Whoopi's birthday special? I did they all seemed to have a good time and Zack form AMC was there! I love that guy! Whoopi's cake looked so good I wanted to jump through the TV and eat it! I have always loved Ace of Cakes and thought it was nice that they got him to do the cake with Oliver featured on it, Whoopi loved that!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I loved today's show. Stephen King is my favorite author so that interview was great. The cake was excellent. Duff rocks.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Sherri looks gorgeous today! Is that by any chance her own hair?

If it is she should just go with that. Very becoming.

ETA--EH is saying really stupid stuff about Carrie Prejean's sex tapes.

Oh--and they just annnounced that Palin did an interview with BW which will be shown on Tuesday's GMA.

ETA--
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-16-2009 at 12:40 PM.

FORT Fogey

They just had that judge--Jeanine what's her name--on who was tyring to talk about the civilian criminal courts trials for Sheik Mohanned in New York cityand she had it all wrong. She talked about it as though the trial is being done on a whim of the administration when it has to do with how much of the Military Commissions Act (under which most of the Gitmo detainees were being held) was declared Unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

She was complaining that the detainees were being "given" Constitutionsl rights by the Obama administration.

She has no idea of the Constitutional issues involved.

I cannot watch this show.

I wish someone would remind just how far this show is now from any real or provable facts so I don't get suckered in again.....

+ Reply to Thread