+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Sherri's hair looks like holy hell today; Elisabeth's hair looks like holy hair today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I am so over this show. I've been tuning in to see what the topics will be--and who the guests are--and end up having tochange channels becaus of all the misinformation being given and all the uninformed opinions being put out as truth.

Whoopi used to really impress me with her reading and knowledge--but lately she has been talking about a lot of complicated matters without knowing what she's talking about.

And her anti-Muslim rant today was the final straw.

I am sorry but I am outta there.

Bye Joy--I do like your humor but am not willing to put up with the ill-informed junk this show has become.

It's worried me for years that people actually watch this show believing it's legitimate news and good information and they go forth and make decisions based on the stuff they have heard on the View. I hear people in waiting rooms or at the hair shop talking about that all the time.

FORT Fogey

CausingChaos--now you're scaring me.

I can't even count how many times when I heard statements starting with, "On the view today." And ending with, "Now I'm going to/not going to do this or that." Based on faulty bad information that is handed out there.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I pity people who don't think for themselves.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I totally agree with the comments but, in fairness, I'd have to say that people quote all types of non news sources in real life and on the Internet. Often, people will say, I heard it on ET, Access, Stewart, Colbert, et al. So, I don't think we can just point a finger at the View, much as we might like to sometimes.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3748615;
    Often, people will say, I heard it on ET, Access, Stewart, Colbert, et al.
    I'm sorry, but anything and everything Jon Stewart has to say is gospel.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3748615;
    I totally agree with the comments but, in fairness, I'd have to say that people quote all types of non news sources in real life and on the Internet. Often, people will say, I heard it on ET, Access, Stewart, Colbert, et al. So, I don't think we can just point a finger at the View, much as we might like to sometimes.
    Yeah but this thread is about the View and for some reason people think because Barbara is on it can't be misinformation. And it is. When I quit watching they hardly ever corrected the bad information they were handing out. And where I live people don't watch the celeb gossipy shows as much as they watch the The View. So while the other shows are as guilty that is why I'm pointing a finger at the show. It has no merit as a source of information but people treat it like it does.

FORT Fogey

BW often says stuff that's wrong. I have long forgotten that she once was a journalist.

That background certainly doesn't show on this show.

+ Reply to Thread