+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

I don't think Whoopi wanted to be there. She mentioned a couple times that she "had" to come into work, and once that it was because there was no one else available to do her job. BW has no problem shlepping in guest hosts to cover EH but she can't find someone to stand in for Whoopi (or do it herself)? There's also no reason they couldn't have just had three of them and had Joy moderate (it's not like Joy doesn't have the experience having her own talk show and all).

EH drove me batty with her inane comments about Obama and I loved how the Fox News guy shut one of her comments down. he he. It's interesting how no one has brought up the lawsuit where Fox News fought back with the defense that there's no law stating that news has to be true to be reported. I'd love to see her respond to that one.

FORT Fanatic

Sherri was a Jehovah's Witness earlier in her life because of her mother. Now she describes her as a Christian.

As to educating herself, she talks in her new autobiography about what a leap it has been getting on the View and how poorly educated she felt herself to be as far as public affairs. I have to admire her for that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3744071;
    It's my understanding that the big, nasty cough comes at the end, after all of the infectious flu drama. It doesn't help that she smokes.

I'm with you, though. I think she should have stayed out all week. I'm sure she's been cleared by her doctor. I don't think she's that irresponsible.

Geez...I've got seasonal allergy issues right now with sneezing and a little coughing (post nasal drainage), and sniffing and people look at ME strangely, but it's not what they assume.

Every time any person coughs all sorts of junk flies out at a very high speed and gusts towards anyone else in the area. AND a lot of the junk stays in the air because it comes out as very fine particulates.

So--every time she coughs SOMETHING infectious comes out.

BTW--she coughs into her HAND--and not into her sleeve as we've been told over and over to do to reduce spreading virual material onto everything we touch.

I used to admire Whoopi but after this week she has gone waaay down in my estimation.

After ALL their reports about H1N1 she still hs=ad the nerve to show up and cough all over everyone?

Not nearly as smart or as thoughtful as I thought she was.

BTW--I'm not so sure she's been "cleared by her doctor." No doctor I know--and I know a lot of them--would clear anyone with that kind of cough to go around infecting every inch of space she occupies.

(There is no proof that she is no longer infectious.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All coughs are not infectious. Disgusting...yes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Prhoshay--hi. When I worked in hospital labs one of the things I did was look under the microscope at the products of people's coughing and what they carry in their bronchii. Just about everyone is carrying some bacteria/viruses even if they are not actively sick.

Coughing into your arm the way we've been taught is really good common sense for keeping down the spread of the pathogens (disease-producers) so many of us carry around every day--not to mention the people who are still getting over a bout of flu.

I am really disgusted with Whoopi for not paying atention to the adice and scientific info they give on their own program.

(Hearing how deep her cough is I can just about describe what she's coughing up--but I don't want to make anyone here sick. And she really needs NOT to be coughing into her hand.)
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Did anyone else love that Jim..I mean John Krasinski was on today? I love him on the office he is just so great and adorable! I also thought Joys comedy bit was pretty funny today!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

I don't watch The Office so I didn't watch that segment--but I thought Joy's end of the month report was her usual humorous contribution.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3744384;
    She said she forgot it when she got out of bed, it wasn't just backstage.
    I know it wasn't backstage. I heard her explanation about having left it home. Just saying I think someone (an assistant ... I would bet she has at least one) could have gone back to get it and bring it to her if she wanted it. She said she knew the ladies were going to notice and bring it up. No biggie ....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3744849;
    I don't watch The Office so I didn't watch that segment--but I thought Joy's end of the month report was her usual humorous contribution.
    Say what you dont watch the office??? oh well, just know your missing out on some serious funny But yes I laughed several times during Joy's segment actually I laughed a lot during todays episode. I loved Amy Poehlers comments about Barbara saying she looked like she had 8 babies in there! That was pretty funny too!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

(Toby--hi. I don't know why I don't like The Office--I know a lot of people do. But I do energy readings and my overwhelming feeling from the first time I tried to watch it was that there was very little energy there--it almost felt--sorry and I apologize to fans of the show--but it has always felt the way death feels to me.

Almost creepy in a way that even death isn't. Pretty weird-huh? )

+ Reply to Thread