+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Thanks for the link. So let's see ... she postpones her honeymoon to sell her book, and she "forgets" to wear her wedding ring on national TV (as if she doesn't have at least one assistant who could have gotten it for her before she went on stage). Okay ....

FORT Fogey

This is an apology to Sherri:

I've been giving Sherri a hard time for some time now--but today I realized something--

She mispronounced the word "hierarchy" today--which isn't that difficult a word except if you've never heard it pronounced and have only read it.

That's when I realized that Sherri is educating herself by doing a lot of reading. She said more than once during the presidential campaign last year that her family did not read or study much but that she was now trying to make up for lost time by reading up on topics like politics etc.

So--that seems to be what she is doing--she has realized a big lack in her life and is trying to make that up for herself--and most likely for her son too.

So--I won't be picking on her very much because I admire her for working at educating herself.

BTW--as I am typing this she is apologizing for misspeaking about Maria Shriver--she said yesterday that Shriver had not apologized for the cellphone use while driving--when in fact Shriver did apologize.

So now I admire Sherri for that apology too--for admitting that she was wrong.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-05-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I also heard "heerarchy", but I'm glad that you brought that up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A lot of talk today about the flu, the swine flu, etc., and what does Whoopi's insensitive butt do? Come in WITH THE DANG FLU! WTH?? Why?

Snorting and hacking on everyone (while admitting she had the flu but "It wasn't the swine flu"). So that makes it okay?

The ladies were discussing a local school district that stopped prizes and incentives for students 'cause the school district was afraid that students were gonna show up for school with the swine flu and infect everyone - and there's Whoopi sick and coughing all over the place.

Hey Whoopi, the show's not gonna fall down if you miss a few days. Set a good example and STAY HOME WHEN YOU'VE GOT THE FLU! You're a smart lady - make better choices.

FORT Fogey

Beesknees--hi. I was apalled too. She sounded a lot better yesterday--but IMO like so many people she feels thst she somehow is "speical" and that she herself is not really infectious--even though scientific studies indicate that she is.

BTW--Whoopi--even if it's NOT swine flu it is infectious and when someone gets your flu from you it can lower their resistence to the Swine flu.

But Whoopi--I don't expect a non-scientific person like you to get that you're a walking coughing sneezing health hazard to everyone around you..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's my understanding that the big, nasty cough comes at the end, after all of the infectious flu drama. It doesn't help that she smokes.

I'm with you, though. I think she should have stayed out all week. I'm sure she's been cleared by her doctor. I don't think she's that irresponsible.

Geez...I've got seasonal allergy issues right now with sneezing and a little coughing (post nasal drainage), and sniffing and people look at ME strangely, but it's not what they assume.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I enjoy Sherri, but if she really watches DWTS, then why doesn't she ever know how to pronounce the contestant's names when they appear? Today she called Mark Dacascos Mark Dukakis, or something like that. And she constantly mispronounced Gilles' name.

I'm sure Whoopi did get the okay from her doctor regarding the flu but still, what message is she trying to get across? Does she think the guests and other panel members want her hacking and coughing all over the place?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3740580;
    Correction on calling Sherri "Baptist". I think she identifies herself as "Christian". Whatever...
    Same thing. Baptists are a branch of Christianity.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3742965;
    Thanks for the link. So let's see ... she postpones her honeymoon to sell her book, and she "forgets" to wear her wedding ring on national TV (as if she doesn't have at least one assistant who could have gotten it for her before she went on stage). Okay ....

She said she forgot it when she got out of bed, it wasn't just backstage.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread