+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Today's most stupid remark--Barbara's thinking that "aromatic" was the name of a language.

Psssst--BW--it's "Aramaic" as Joy pointed out for you.

About Paul Anka's visit to the show-did anyone else get the impression that it had everything to do with the legal situation he's in because of his song--"This Is It"--being released without giving him credit?

i know he said that the legal issues have been resolved with the Michael Jackson Estate--but if that's so--why go to all the trouble of being a guest and explaining--over-explaining really--what happened?

What is really going on with this?

I'd be interested in any other ideas/thoughts about this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3735867;
    They did ask my weight before I got my anesthesia (definitely more than 100 lbs.!), and I'm pretty sure that it is supposed to be calibrated to weight. Maybe they were really worried about overdosing you. But yikes!
    Re the vomit response...my sig. other also had that response by the end. I managed to get it all down, but definitely felt queasy by the end. Making it early and really chilling it, plus using ice cubes in the glass (which you could also suck on to get the taste off your tongue) definitely helped on that.

it is not the anesthesia that we were complaining about it was the prep taken BEFORE you even went to the day surgery

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3736803;
    it is not the anesthesia that we were complaining about it was the prep taken BEFORE you even went to the day surgery
    Well, I was complaining (by implication) about the anesthesia because I woke up in the middle of the procedure, and it was not pleasant! The prep is truly horrible, but this added insult to injury for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3736423;
    I haven't watched the show in awhile but I see nothing's changed much. Barbara still NEVER SHUTS UP!!!
    I know. I was yelling at my tv this morning because of her "people aren't allowed to use computers on planes" crap. Yes they are, once the plane reaches cruising altitude.

I was completely bummed that Rod Stewart was sick and had to cancel.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3735867;
    They did ask my weight before I got my anesthesia (definitely more than 100 lbs.!), and I'm pretty sure that it is supposed to be calibrated to weight. Maybe they were really worried about overdosing you. But yikes!
    Re the vomit response...my sig. other also had that response by the end. I managed to get it all down, but definitely felt queasy by the end. Making it early and really chilling it, plus using ice cubes in the glass (which you could also suck on to get the taste off your tongue) definitely helped on that.
    I was told a couple of "secrets" by one of the hospital nurses who works with colonoscopies -- She said that you can add Crystal Lite granules or Lemonade granules (or other similar drink flavorings) to the liquid in the jug, just so long as you don't add anyting that is colored red or purple. It doesn't make the drink delicious, but it DEFINITELY helps it a lot! And yes, refrigerating the jug early in the day helps a lot too! Also, she said that if you're a small person, then just don't finish the last of the liquid in the jug. Even the directions on the container say to drink the whole amount OR until ______________________________ _________. (I'm leaving the rest of the directions blank, so that I don't have to say anything too graphic. . .) I didn't finish it, and apparently that didn't cause any problem because the results were the same. (Same thing for the 2nd jug of liquid you have to drink the next day.)

PS Lucky22, I'm so sorry that you woke up during the procedure. That must have been really unpleasant. I requested that I be completely anesthetized during the procedure. Were you, or were you in a "twilight sleep"?
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 10-28-2009 at 08:56 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3738077;
    PS Lucky22, I'm so sorry that you woke up during the procedure. That must have been really unpleasant. I requested that I be completely anesthetized during the procedure. Were you, or were you in a "twilight sleep"?
    It was "twilight." I remember trying to tell the doctor I was awake, but I don't know if I was actually speaking, or just thought I was. He must have at least seen I was awake, because I did go back "under" at some point. If you're completely anesthetized, how long do you have to stay there before they let you go home? I went home fairly quickly after it was done and felt completely alert. Also had an upper endoscopy in "twilight sleep" on another occasion and didn't wake up at all, thankfully.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've yet to have a colonoscopy but anytime I have to undergo a procedure that makes me edgy....or go to the dentist...I stay awake into the wee hours of the night so that I will be so worn out when I get the procedure that it's like having taken a sedative.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has Elisabeth ever worked outside of the home before The View?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as per wiki:

Hasselbeck graduated from Boston College with a Fine Arts degree in 1999. Hasselbeck started working for Puma in 1998, while attending Boston College. After graduation, she worked for Puma shoes as a member of its design team before her television career.

She was on Survivor in 2001 and started on the View in 2003 - has it really been that long???
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3736802;
    About Paul Anka's visit to the show-did anyone else get the impression that it had everything to do with the legal situation he's in because of his song--"This Is It"--being released without giving him credit?

i know he said that the legal issues have been resolved with the Michael Jackson Estate--but if that's so--why go to all the trouble of being a guest and explaining--over-explaining really--what happened?

What is really going on with this?

I'd be interested in any other ideas/thoughts about this.
    Wind Dancer, I do not know anything about this issue, but many, many years ago, I did know Paul Anka for about a year. It was long enough ago that he was just dating the woman who became his wife. They were married for about 37 years.

What I can say is that he is a very astute businessman. In his young, teen idol days, he was a high school dropout, but had a brilliant manager. Suffice it to say, he learned. He has always been a perfectionist when it comes to his music, but also a pretty nice guy as I recall.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread